Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much of Saturday was spent helping with and attending a wake across the road for a life long resident on our road and a long time personal friend of our family. Richard Burch‘s parents, Thelma and Archie, moved into the house years ago right after marriage and Richard was born in the house across the road. He only moved 1/4 mile south after he got married and lived there for the rest of his life. Richard Burch’s brother lives in the family homestead today. The four generations of the family is the salt of the earth. About 180 family, friends, and neighbors stopped in for the wake and meal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to near 80 no rain just cloudy. Sounds like the kind of people that built this country, great family. Same old around here, I did watch the Buckeye's play some good football. I give Praise for another day Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
56° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies once again, the high temperature is going to be getting up to about 64° today. A mostly cloudy day is on tap with a light wind and no rain in the forecast today once again.

Yesterday Rusty and I had a wonderful day out bird hunting but I am beginning to think I am getting older. I seem to be more tired after a day of hunting than I use to but at least I can still do it. Today we will be going to church this morning and I need to get my lwan mowed this afternoon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 62 and going to 70. Yesterday was 85.
I spent a good part of the day studying reloading for the 7.5 Swiss and reloading my brass. I plan on being at the range right after church. My daughter is church shopping and said she will be joining me.
Computer is still slowly restoring files, only 5000 more to go.
Last night I tried to get supper at the only sorta upscale place in town. The restaurant completely closed due to a lack of workers. The bar side is open and has a sandwich menu, but a shortage of help made getting served impossible. I had to leave and find another place.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken.

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
57 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Pigout went good...36th year...time flys.
Me and Tucker went trout fishing yesterday.
We caught 3 trout and several blhegills, redeyes, and a few
small smallmouth. Went straight to the pigout from the creek
and caught 20 or so bluegill and 1 nice largemouth at the pond
there. We cleaned the 3 trout and Tucker had gave.then 6 trout
Friday so when they pulled the meat from the pit, they put the trout
on the coals and fixed them. Don't know how good they was but they got gone
pretty quick...lol You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning all from Indy. 67 heading for 85 here. No golf today and probably nothing outside once it heats up. It might be a good day to put a coat of sealer on the deck. I usually have to ponder stuff like that for a couple of days before I actually do it.

I’ll leave ya’ with this…. Miley Cyrus gets nearly naked and licks a hammer and it’s called art. I do it and I can never go back to Home Depot.

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 61 and dreary here. For and mist. Rain showers all day I think. Mowing will no get done today. I have a gun raffle all afternoon. Hate working Sundays. Oh well.

Yesterday the deer stand wasn't productive, but I was not at work, so it's considered a win. Came home and took a nap, picked pears and some tomatoes. I'll have tomatoes into Nov if the frost doesn't come, and I remember to pick em. In the afternoon we went to the corn maze with the kids. It was my daughter's birthday so they came back here to eat supper and have cake. Little guy is getting big. Had some "live action" here as well. About a foot long baby rat snake showed up in the bathroom. I picked him up and relocated outside. Don't tell Sue if there's 1 there's more!!!

Well I need to get coffee in me and cleaned up for the gun raffle. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
96 Posts
70 headed to 80 with rain in the forecast. Domestic chores yesterday and a few more today. Started to work on some 17 Remington loads. Somehow I don’t have a FL die but I do have two neck size dies. No idea how that came about. Any of ya have an extra FL die I have a neck die I would swap. I do have a FL bushing die and no bushing. Lost track of where I was on this project, swore I had everything.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Great morning folks,

63° with rain nearby and moving this way here near HalfwayUSA. We did get some clearing yesterday and enjoyed the sunshine.

I was about to start installing the inverter when I discovered the 150amp fuse holder was missing the lug nut & washers. I contacted Amazon via chat window. It took a little dumbing down but got "Belle" to understand that going to a hardware and buying replacement nut & washers would not work. The lug & nuts are plated to maximize transmission of DC voltage. So Belle thought it best I receive a replacement of the entire package. I have to simply print a return label & send back the package with the missing parts. That is a satisfactory result for me.

I did replace a flimsy heating duct under the floor of the camper in the "basement" compartment. While traveling this past week we stopped at an army surplus store & a suitable reinforced tube was procured for just $2.00. It was the same diameter & was actually an easy swap. Now I don't have to concern myself over ruining the duct when sliding things out of the "basement" compartment.

I started a fire in the woodstove to burn off any residual "blackening". I figured it best to be able to blow any fumes out through a window while it was warm and before we start burning full time. Much to my surprise, the precausions I took before hand weren't needed. After the stove got hot there was not much smoke. I took down the plastic sheet & closed up the windows after just a few minutes. The stove is ready to provide 5 months worth of BTUs.

Been at it already this morning, before rain moved in. I reglued a cabinet door that came apart. I do have to mount it back on the cabinet in a bit.

Packin & Sackin' for a fast road trip to Grandkidville for grand daughter's birthday. We'll have almost no time for distractions as we have to be back in about 5 days. Old hunting partner has a Dr appointment & I have to take him.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 35 with a high in the mid 50s, no wind yet but it's coming and possible moisture.
Going to cool down this coming week, with possible snow and frozen garden.
Swept the farm shop yesterday and got some cattle panels around one of the sprinkler pivots.
Worked on guns all afternoon, got my BILs 300 mag repaired, the one that broke on the bossmans damgrandsons elk hunt.
Checked out the freebie Jap rifle, it's a 7.7. But that's all I did there, maybe work on it today.
Have a blessed Lords' day, give Him praise and thanks for all we have. Prayers for those with issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 68º and Sunny here headed for the upper 80's. It looks like possible storms for tonight or tomorrow.

Yesterday the Wife and I hauled off all of the junk that we cleaned out of the storeroom. We got back in time to watch Arkansas get beat by Mississippi. It was a real close game with the score seesawing back and forth the whole game. We scored with seconds left in the game and went for two for the win and didn't make it.

Not much planned for today. We still need to vacuum the storeroom and that will probably be it for the day. Neither one of us slept well last night so a nap may be in store.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Good morning boys. Was some close games on TV yesterday. I had gave up in OU -Texas game and took a load of trash to dump from cabin. Got back and OU was ahead, then Texas ties it with about a minute to go…..then OU wins with 3 seconds left. I totally didn’t have a dog in this fight, as we are all OKlahoma State fans. I only root for OU when they play Texas. Then hated fo see Arkansas get beat. But Texas A&M beat Alabama. Crazy day.
But we probably pissed off Texas and OSU has to play them next week…..
Off to church and then have fo put a rear end in a recliner.
Neighbor just called and said he is on the way to Kansas City to watch Chiefs/Bills game as he has never been to an NFL game.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good Morning from the ☁ E side of the Chesapeake.71 with a high of 75 . It stopped raining mid day yesterday and haven't seen any since we need rain. Took care of helping the Mrs with the roses plants . Put down a little more grass seed in some bare spots .
Last night I wanted to watch the Fury vs Wilder fight but couldn't convince myself to pay Pay Per View 79.00.
Everyone have a great day and stay safe.
JW

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Been to a couple of NFL games in Arrowhead Stadium when we lived there. Good luck with noise during the game and the traffic before and after. Should be a good time for your friend.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Back n the day in KC….I worked in KC (Independence) summers when I was in college. My mom was advertising director for NBC TV (WDAF) back then. She was comped 1st base dugout box seats for all the baseball games for KC Athletics (and later Royals). When we wanted to go o football games we were given press box passes..sure got spoiled on all those good seats. When Royals and Cardinals met in the World Series (I think 85) we got seats to all the games. My son grew up idolizing George Brett (who he got to meet several times). LOL, I think he had (and still has) every baseball card he was ever on.
Good Times…and I wish I was still that young…
I even remember the old baseball stadium downtown….that’s old.
I still think the “new” stadium is probably prettiest one in the majors. “You have to be tough to be a KC Royals fan”.
When son was in high school and playing baseball, I told the team one year is they made it to the state tournament I would treat them to a weekend in KC and Royals games. They made it, and my Mom arranged a meeting with the team and meet Brett and Bo Jackson…those boys “really enjoyed” the weekend. Those “boys” are now in their late 40’s and close to 50, still thank me for the weekend when I see them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Best seat I ever had at a ball game was in my living room. The cluster at both stadiums before and after ain’t for me. Lol I have to drive around this armpit of the country with out paying to be in a traffic jam. Drove a straight truck around KC metro area long enough I learned how to avoid it.
I quit the baseball thing when they went on strike. Never was a big FB fan, had it shoved down my throat every weekend as a kid, same for basketball.
The disrespect from these “athletes” the past few years is disturbing to say the least. When the professionals quit being professional.
I will do high school games and little league ball games, that’s about it. Funny thing about those are, the parents cause more issues than the kids.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Bruce, boy that does set an expectation for a young lad. Been to several Royals games also. My wife worked at a place that had a suite in the Royals stadium, so a couple of times each year, her group had the suite. Awesome food in the suite, and the suite was just under the second deck, so we didn't soaked while it started to pour rain, which happened more than once. Good memories.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts