Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 67°. It will be foggy this morning and then we will have a mostly cloudy day with a mild breeze. We have a 50% chance for some rain today.

Yesterday was another full day of hunting for Rusty and I except it was quite a bit warmer. We ran into one other hunter in our travels yesterday wihich is a rarity in bird hunitng. Today I plan on staying home, going to church this morning and then do nothing this afternoon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 62 with a few clouds, the rain is past. Highs around 70.
Yesterday I ran away from home, I went to Mankato and Caribou. Look though laptop I have a backup for most of what Onedrive deleted, some missing files I can recreate.
It's off to church this morning, then a nap. I hope to get to the range also. I picked up a brick ov CCI Quiet 22 and a inexpensive scope for the FN. It's mounted and needs zeroing.
Hope everyone has a blessed Sabbath,
Ken

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 64 going to 75 with rain, quarter inch fell yesterday with more on the way. I will be in the barn or greenhouse today protected from the rain, not because I'm sweet more like old bones! Praise for another day, be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Up way to early this morning. 3:30 here and 48° with a high of 70°.
Hey Bruce, what kind of critters are you raising any way!? I know where there are a bunch of Varmint hunters that can fix that problem for you.
Plant Working animal Fawn Terrestrial animal Natural material

I hope everyone had a great Sunday.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
We don’t have anything that resembles that critter, Gabe.
We’re getting the rain now that was promised for yesterday.

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Morning boys. It's 58 here going to 70 or so with some rain later. Had a nice hunt yesterday. Then the wedding... full Catholic mass at 1 pm, didn't eat until almost 6:30 except for some cheese and bologna. Wasn't planned out real well. Wedding was sports themed. Had ballpark food. Hotdogs and nachos. Oh well at least it was open bar. Lol We got home about 9:30 and I crashed. Felt good to sleep in a little. Going to pull some camera cards here at the house, then maybe mow before it rains. Guess I should start getting ready for my trip too?

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
68 here and it looks like the overnight rain has stopped for awhile. Time to get busy splitting some firewood. Went crappie fishing with my son yesterday. We caught some but only a few were worthy of keeping. it was nice to be out on the water again and we had a great morning. Might get out and plink with a couple revolvers later this afternoon.

I also got around to putting new handles on some hammers my son found while cleaning out a basement. Hey JR, is Sledgehammer Rick hiring ?
Cloud Water Sky Afterglow Natural landscape
Theodolite Wood Musical instrument Tool Garden tool

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 35 to start off today, not sure what the high will be, maybe 60s.
Really didn't get much done yesterday, to wet to bale but some bales got stacked.
One of the loaders broke down, hyd oil leak, will try to get parts tomorrow.
Gwyn got home safe and sound around noon from her trip across the state.
Church in the living room today then, who knows. Need to put a shot gun back together.
Got new parts of it a couple weeks ago.
Better get to breakfast, have a blessed Lords' day. Prayers for those with health issues and others too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Great morning folks,

Damp and the foggy drizzle is limiting our visibility but I can see the thermometer reporting 65° here near HalfwayUSA. Only 72° for a high with a threat of rain much of the day.

Yesterday's visit to old hunting partner's place left me a bit melancholy. The main topic of discussion was his declining health. There wasn't much positive to offer about his decline so when he wanted to talk about funeral planning I thought it a good time to reduce it to writing then have him sign & date it. I have written instructions that go with the power of attorney documents but thought it best to get a 'current' line of thinking.

I did get his firewood all stacked on the porch & took inventory of the stack in his woodshed. He has enough to get him through for a couple months but I suspect I will be moving some of mine to add to his reserve. We finished out the visit with a McDonalds shake & a longer ride out on the back roads.

I did get home in time, before any rain came, to get grass cut. Debra Dearest rode the zero turn around while I pushed a mower. Once I finished I took over the zero turn & got the rest run'd over.

She went to the house to fix dinner & much to my pleasant surprise, she baked Enchiladas.

IF I get a window of opportunty between rain drops, I'll load the camper onto the back of the truck. It'll also need some basic foodstuffs for a ride 'up north'.

CarlP's sledgehammer pic reminds me, I have two handle to put in 10lb & 12lb heads. Got me to thinkin' if I do that I might actually have to USE one. o_O
Maybe I'll just do that Pickeroon Axe instead. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Meade County Kentucky a few miles from the Ohio river.
The Rain forecasted for the ARCA race at Salem speedway held off last night and a Full Race was run. It was a Damgood one and was won by a 16 year old young man who will probably be running at Daytona some day soon. A female driver finished a Strong 5th and definitely held her own against the men.

Fan Shorts Crowd Leisure Competition event

Tartan Smile Plaid Motor vehicle Leisure

The race was a Birthday present to Judy Brown from Justin. We took her out to Dinner at White Castle for her birthday dinner. Ha ha. But we really did!

UK fans are happy as their team managed to out dumb Flordia last night and are now 5 - 0 I think.
Carl P. had plenty of good looking Sledgehammers for sure. I doubt if he wears out all of them. Skruske is heading to the Northwoods after his 2 sets of Visitors wore them out.

We are heading South soon to check on Cows and Cats.
Have a safe day.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 70º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's. It looks like we missed most of the rain thats been in the forecast.

Yesterday was a lazy day. The Wife and I watched Georgia beat Arkansas. Arkansas played like the bad news bears! The Wife turned it off about half way through the 3rd quarter. I worked on the junk in the storeroom some and had a couple of beers.

Not sure what todays plans are. The oldest Grandson has a baseball game today they we'll probably attend.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning friends. It is raining, has been raining, and will keep on raining in Indy for a while. Upper 60s heading for the mid 70s. Been to the pancake joint and don't know what's gonna' happen for the rest of the day. Probably laundry and priming some 9mm brass. Julie's normal Sunday is early Mass, visit with her old friend Shirley, then text and call wanting to know what we need from the grocery store. Like I'm gonna' remember that! She just does it to make me get up and go look in the pantry and the refrigerator. Likely to be my exercise for the day. The dogs and I take it easy on Sunday and Someday.

Y'all have a good day.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Maybe I'll just do that Pickeroon Axe instead. :ROFLMAO:
Scott, I had never heard of a Pickeroon or a Hookeroon until last year. I picked one up at Menards last winter and I don’t know how I made it all of these years without one. It may not be a timesaver but it is certainly a back saver. Do
Wood Grass Natural material Groundcover Thigh

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
64 and rain here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Went to a wedding yesterday evening, it was outside on a farm
and the backdrop was a mountain view. Then reception in a shed
that was fixed up nice and some good eats. Came home and watched
the other high school in the countys game. They hadn't won a game in the last
2 and a half years. Played a small school that only had 14 players and a couple
of them got hurt the first half so they called the game at half time. Now they can say
that they won a game. Kinda sad because they are the school that started as 5 high
schools combined just to have a football team to compete...and they did the first
few years but have went downhill ever since. Nuff of that...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Late morning check in for me, puter troubles. 70 hereabouts and 71 the high today. I sat outside Wal Mart and noticed about 10% of the folks going in and out were wearing masks, as our infection rate continues to rise. Our county is now up to 41% vacination rate, as a lot of middle age healthy folks have died here lately, and upped the vacinaton rate by 10%. Hope to get my cows sold Tuesday so I wont have to worry about them after that. You all have a good one, Buff out.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good midday from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake . Sunny 😎 77° high of 79. Piddling around this morning working with the hound we train just about everyday if it's 🚫 more than set and holding something . This dog requires a lot of attention but he lives to train and hunt . Kristen Hoffman pulled me to the side one day and said that dog loves what he is doing training . She wanted this dog on her truck .
Well our guest will be here in about a hour. Fried yardbird and some Florida honey made from Brazilian pepper plant is on the menu .I believe possibly a tomato pie..
Y'all folks have a great Sunday I'm still ole skool a day of rest . And be safe .
Tire Wheel Plant Light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
I have done missed morning......not too hot right now but it sure is muggy. I'm at the shop for a bit cleaning up from the cone job. Then I sat the stroker crank in the block and went to marking it at the close spots.
Grey Automotive tire Tints and shades Automotive lighting Auto part

Most everything had room I just added some to be safe. This was a really close spot....I ended up putting .060" minimum between everything. Hopefully I can start getting the bottom end together tomorrow. It should be a rowdy little engine and a big improvement over the factory 145hp.....we're hoping to see 350-400 at the wheels. It will be built stout enough to handle a turbo kit at some point then everything else will start breaking.....another rabbit hole!
Not sure what else I'll get into today maybe some work in the garage when I get home.

Have a good day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts