Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
27° here in the Willamette Valley, at 8:00, with a high of 48°. The other day I had a lot on my mind so I went for a walk. It ended up being 3 hrs and a lot of thinking. We have a little country store, restaurant, and Grange hall a few miles up the road. Once there I decided to walk the abandon rail road line. The Grange sign says est. 1900. The store is known for its penny candy. When my daughters were little they finally went to a nickel. There is a rural fire station and a half dozen houses.

Sky Building Plant Tree Road surface

Plant Sky Building Window Tree
Sky Natural landscape Twig Grass Parallel

·
Administrator
1,972 Posts
I have been hunting all week but haven't done any good. The wind has been blowing here all week lots of wind with gusts of way up there. The temp has been way down, lows in lower 20's and highs in the lower 30's. The combination of wind and cold has made it rough on my Arthritis, my hands are so swollen that I can't close them and hurt till I can't sleep.
My grandson has been here all week to help if I got a buck, but with the wind and cold the deer were hold up in the Ceders and weren't ventureing out much and only on a high run when out. The wind would calm down after dark and saw many pictures of a night on my cameras.
Scott as all have said before me everyone should have a friend like you were to Jesse. You were a blessing to him and I pray that you don't have any trouble with any of his heirs, for I have been in charge after the death of a relative. My wife's twin sister and her exhusband and two daughters were a pain. They sued me trying to get access to the sister's estate, Thankfully it was all down in writing and the judge did not hassel me.
I lift up prayers for all those in need, this country, and all others that are falling to the new world order. When the blue helmets come be prepared, for it will be the beginning of the end. God bless you all.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
What some families will do when money is involved will scare you. When I was on the board of Detroit Firemen’s Fund, we were all Notary Publics because we dealt with death estates and such. A fellow firefighter called and wanted something notarized. I told him I could handle that. He drove in and wanted his uncle’s signature notarized.I asked where’s his uncle. At home. I wouldn’t notarize it without his uncle in attendance. He stormed out mad at me. Within the week he had someone else notarize it. Yep. A few months later it was law suit time. It wasn’t his uncle’s signature and he was stealing an inheritance from another uncle.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My stew pic…after it was cut to 2 pots. DIL said be easier to heat up for supper tonight
Kitchen stove Cooktop Kitchen appliance Gas stove Kitchen
Food Recipe Ingredient Fluid Cookware and bakeware

that folks, is a lot of stew. Little mix of beef and elk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Pretty sad state of affairs when family can't not get along. I know it happens. When pop passed I split everything 50/50 and even erased some personal debt from the total from a loan that was made before his passing. I told my sibling to just forget about the unpayed balance and just please don't make those mistakes again. We were fortunate both homes were in our names as well as everything else. It was very well planned and if a large sum of money is involved I recommend seeing a attorney way well before it's amazing on the time frames . Plus in certain situations not having a will can be a good thing 😁

21 - 28 of 28 Posts