Varmint Hunters Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
67º with a heavy cloud cover in the hollow. Looks like it will be like this warming as the day progresses and rain beginning in the late afternoon. I have outside work to do on my wife's project, but if the forecast is correct I'll be worn out long before the rain arrives. I feel much better than usual for a morning after a local match. Usually I don't recover until Monday or Tuesday, but yesterday I chose to not shoot and just run the match. It was a little different and I forgot a few things early on as my routine was changed. But overall, things went well and I didn't miss shooting the match at all. I still have to un load the car and trailer before getting started on the retaining wall. Our continuing investment in bird seed is producing quite a show. Birds are everywhere, with new fledglings showing up from the house finch and cardinal families and probably bulebirds. It will be a while before we get new martins and tree swallows. Beginning trailer loading for PD Safari 2021 may begin later today depending on the rain.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
What’s the difference between a Rhonda Vincent party and concert, JR?
This is a "Listening Party" which is a Meet and Greet event where she meets her fans, while promoting her new CD which sells at the party. She does not bring her Diesel drinking Bus and her Band ( whom she doesn't have to pay) and gets photos taken all freekin afternoon. Folks bring their instruments and there will be a Jam Session with Rhonda for 2 or 3 hours.
At least.
Actually I think these "meet and greets" are much better. For maybe 10$? Ain't even any tickets. Rhonda is a really nice person and is my wife's friend.
PERSONALLY.
I don't care for Bluegrass any more because when Jimmy Martin died, Real Likker Drinkin, Hell Raising Bluegrass died with him. End of story.
Maybe I need to move to Louisiana where folks still know how to have a Good Time.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 73 in Louisville at 11:30 a.m. and a beautiful spring day. Rain coming for 2-3 days, but not today!

If any of you like tales of the Wild West, here's a pretty good article, including excerpts from a book by Bat Masterson. How accurate are the descriptions? Who knows, but it's still interesting to me.

Two renowned gunfighters on the keys to their craft

Short note today because we're going to some friends' home for lunch, which we're taking. I've got all this smoked meat, so I decided to share. These are church friends and I'm used to seeing them every week, but that hasn't happened since about Feb 2020.

Y'all have a good'n, don't shoot any .50 cal of unknown origin, and say a prayer for our friends and nation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts