Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
43° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 48° only. We are to be haing some showers all day long with rainfall totals of possibly 1/4". It rained quite a bit yesterday and was a steady soft rain wihich we could use.

I spent most of the day at home yesterday and took it fairly easy. I did go to the cemetary where my Mother and Father are buried, Friday I went to another cmetary where I have other relatives. Today I have the same plan for just not doing a heck of lot, it feels good for a change.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Good morning George and others to follow. 44 now going to upper 50' with hopefully sunshine. Yesterday was cold and windy I didn't get out of the house. I feel much better today, Praise to the Lord that I'm here today. I have an 8 lb pork roast thawing in the fridge that will go on the smoker tomorrow. Everyone is welcome. Glad to hear the PD warriors made it safety and there is a target rich environment. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 47 and raining, high of 61 and rain.. Yesterday was decent so I hit a few garage sales. I found a nice tackle box that now holds hand gun cleaning stuff. And a old Brownie box camera. I hit antique shops in Mankato that afternoon. One sold vintage classic cars where I got the wants.
Today is church resting.
I hope everyone has a blessed Sabbath,
Ken

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Morning Folks!

Its 55º and clear here headed for the low 70's. We're having a welcome cool down. It looks like its raining at our destination, maybe they are getting some of their 10 inches of annual rainfall!

Yesterday was spent taking it easy with spells in-between of getting my gear together for todays departure. We'll be leaving out in 20-30 minutes or so. I guess I was excited or something and didn't rest well last night. Thankfully theres two of us to share the driving. Its good to still have something to get excited about! :)

Good Luck to all of you guys that are Prairie Doggin!

Prayers offered for those traveling, fighting health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Well, it’s a cool 37 degrees with frost in patches of Michigan’s Thumb. This is why we never put tomatoes out before Memorial Day. No PDs here but a wascal wabbit fell victim to a well placed .22LR from the Rrrrugger 10/22 yesterday and Mrs. McGregor was very happy.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like it's 50 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Hit the pawnshop and a couple gun stores yesterday but
didn't find much. Pawnshop has more ammo on the shelves than I've
seen them have since this all started. They still have a lot of open spaces
but it's better than it was. Hunting ammo less than $25 a box. Even had FN
5.7x28 for $31.58 ... and a few different powders on the shelf.
don't know what we'll get into today but probably won't be much.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

PS...hope the boys out there pd hunting has not barrels the whole time
they are.out there.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Great morning all,

With the sun shinning and the wind finally slack it is 50° and will touch 70° later here near HalfwayUSA.

Windy & cool yesterday but Deb & I managed to find several rummage sales. Bargain of the day was a Marcasite & Opal necklace in a proper box. I bought it for $5. Price tag from Kolh's showed $200. Since that store is notorious for big markups and big sales, I looked it up, it probably sold for $69 regular & $49 on sale.

When we got home, I had a couple packages waiting. Synthetic oil for my 4 wheeler so that got handled. Also arrived, in record time, a pair of Harrell's rings so I mounted a Nightforce on the Panda & moved a Burris back to a Nesika.

A little 5th wheel maintenance today in anticipation of some camping coming up around the 4th of July.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Its 53 in Western Ky going to 71 w/full sun. Its perfect weather except for the
water lizards, swimming and riding tubes. We may get out later and see what the tourist population looks like. With everyone being holed up for so long, the crowd may be heavy even w/higher priced gas. Ya'll have a goodun. LDS

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Good morning, GoGo! It's 51 in Louisville, going to 70, about the same as in Skruske Country. Sun is shining brightly, in sharp contrast to yesterday's heavy clouds.

In spite of the clouds and cold, Miss Cindy wanted to cross the river to a place we know as the Concrete Lady. It's one of those places that sells poured concrete yard decorations. She found a few small items there, then we stopped at Home Depot to pick up 10 more retaining wall blocks and some flowers. Got home, unloaded and placed the blocks, got the flowers in their pots. My three-tiered flower tower got its usual red-white-blue treatment.

MPC, while I was out yesterday I looked for those fabric "tomato tube" gizmos you recommended. Couldn't find a single one, so I 'm gonna order some on Amazon.

Congrats to the PD Safari crew for arriving intact and getting their camp set up. Hope you guys have a large, large time. Remember that those pups have no idea they can fly; it's up to you to teach 'em what's possible. :D

Have a great day, be safe, and teach some kid what Memorial Day is really about.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
morning all. 42 earlier, 70 later with wind and possible showers. We'll see, sure could use some rain.
Sprinkler work all day yesterday, had another one crash, maybe JR will post a pic of the wreck later.
I lied, cattle get hauled today, yesterday another 60 calves got branded and cattle sorted for today, I stayed out of the dust and smoke!
Church on the couch again this week then we are taking flowers to my Grandparents graves and a few others as well.
Gwyns' sister got out of the hospital yesterday but still has to be on oxygen and has a long way to go on getting over this damvirus!
Breakfast is over, chores done and sprinklers checked. So guess I'd better get ready for church.
Have a safe and blessed Lords' day. Give Him thanks and praise for all we have. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Good morning to all of you from central SD, where it's moving into the 60's with plenty og sunshine and a gentle breeze. This should be our best day so far. No complaints from anyone as there have been dogs but most were staying down due to the wind and clouds, but there always seemed to be enough to draw fure. As I said yesterday, I did more wandering around than shooting and I'm enjoying having my wife's gator to visit all the shooters and take care of necessary chores. I do plan to shoot more today, but right now I'm sitting in the sun and talking to you people, If I were to hazard a guess I'd say that with nine shooters counting a twelve year old, we've probably taken down 1000 or so. Plenty more left.
G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Dean Crashed anothern.

A cool Morning here in the sticks. It used to be "Sticks," but now theres way too many folks here and everyone runs to Walmart every day.

Hay Equipment is fixed but it is not a very good hay day with the damp cool days. We only received 0.5 inch of rain the entire time.
I suppose I should go cut hay......

Reactions: CarlP

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Morning boys. It's 55 in VA Beach. Stark contrast to yesterday when it was in the 80s. Front blew thru about 1p. Heavy rainfall and storms. Then just rain and wind following the front. Blowing hard and rain ending today hopefully. No boating today. We did catch one small bluefish yesterday that was released. Rain kept us from fishing off the deck last night.

Not sure what's on today's agenda. Probably tour around check out a few tackle shops and such.

Have a good one

Charlie

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Late check-in here. Not sure of the temperature but it feels about 50 to me. Spent all day on a boat yesterday with my son and brother-in-law. It was cold and misty rain from time to time but we added 88 crappie fillets to our freezers and had a good time doing it. Sounds like everyone on the board is staying busy nowadays. Thanks to the Greyfox for keeping us up to date on how things are going on the western front. Good luck to all and have fun !
JR, that raccoon, possum, hog meme is priceless. I will definitely be forwarding that. Gotta get back to my chores now before we go for a visit to my sister’s house this afternoon.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Didn’t keep the little fella on the left but the action was hot and heavy at times, making it nearly impossible to fish with two rods.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,
Cool 53° this morning couple lite showers floating around . Almost 2.75"s of well needed rain so far . For some reason wasn't able to post for a few days . Screen keep freezing. Anyway have great Sunday . Good luck Charlie and lightman safe travels as well as everyone else.
JW

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Late afternoon check in, I slept in this morning, and had one of my best friends in the world show up to see me unexpectedly and spent the day, we have had a ball. Just mostly shooting a few rifles, telling old hunting tales and thinking about all the fun we had the past 30+ years. I had given him a knife blade I had made about 6 months ago, out of a circle saw, I had never gotten around to putting handles on it and he wanted it badly. Turns out he had found a big shed, put the stag handle on it with a brass guard and gifted me the knife back, I was embarrassed, but tickled. It has a 8" blade about 1 .5 inches wide, with sharpened clip on the top edge. Both edges are shaving sharp. I am going to a make a display for it on my mantle, along with a leather sheath. Hope all the PD shooters make it there and back safely and have a ball while there, prayers for those with health concerns, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There’s a 2000 acre lake east of Cincinnati where Dad and I used to fish a lot back in the 80’s and 90’s. The fishing was great for a lot of years but then the size of the crappie seemed to be stunted. We stopped fishing there, due to that plus they had problems with the blue green algae bloom for a couple years. My brother-in-law had never been there and wanted to try it out last weekend. Things sure have changed, for the better ! It was like being re-aquatinted with and old friend after 15-20 years. The crappie are nothing like the ones at Kentucky Lake or Barkley but they are plentiful and now they have a 9” size limit which has definitely improved things, in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts