Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
38° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 60°. It will be a nice sunny day with a mild wind of about 5 to 9mph.

A nice day yesterday but with a chilly wind all day, got some things done here in the morning. In the afternoon we went to our Great Granddaughters 1yr old birthday party, that was a good party with a bunch of one and two year old's running around have a ball. Food was good but as usual I ate too much. Today we aren't going to church, my wife is going to the Veterans home to see he Mother for Mothers day. I have to get our yard mowed and also the gun club needs to be mowed.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
13,926 Posts
Mornin boys...
Ain't even looked at the temp yet but it really dont matter...lol. Aint doing nothing here high on RUGER MT this morning. Had a good day yesterday with the boys, hunt I never forget.
Elijah went to his prom and didnt get in til late so I guess he made.it back with my truck...lol
I'll try and post a few pics later. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good Sunday morning from NC Ohio 40 going to 65 with a promise of sunshine, first in a few days. Had a bad bought with a cold, rough on an old man with only 10% of lung use. I have had two people that said they would go with me to the shoot, both have dropped out, just don't believe I could drive it by myself. Praise God I'm still alive and recovering. Time for cup of joe and Happy Mother's Day to all. Be safe my friends Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 57, raining and windy for the day. Yesterday was in-laws all day. Church this morning and more in-laws all afternoon.
I am glad we can still say this is Mothers day.
Hope everyone has a blessed Sabbath,
Ken

·
Registered
348 Posts
38 as well here in CT to start off on Mothers Day. Got all my wood moved yesterday so I can check that chore off my list for the year. A chilly wind blew all day yesterday, put a hurting on the fuscia hanging baskets I get every year for my wife and the hummingbirds. Ended up tucking them up in the corner on the porch to they didn't get a bunch of broken branches.

Not sure what will happen around here today; looks like we may get a rain shower here in the next hour and then we'll see what develops.
Hope you all have a good day.
Ken

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
Good cool morning from Indy. It’s 47 but should warm up to 70. Normal not much going on here today. Dancing granddaughter has 3 performances I’ll catch online throughout the afternoon. I think Julie is planning on visiting her dad and her twin sister. That should coincide with my nap time. Plan was to sneak down to the range but that’s been rescheduled and may not happen. If we don’t get that done, there will be no ARs going to Somerset,

The Indy 500 is just around the corner. I guarantee it will not be won by a “$3K claiming race horse”. The days of guys building a competitive car in a 2-car garage in Speedway, IN are many decades gone. Those were the “good old days”!

Y’all have a good day.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
49° here this morning and it looks like we are in for a dry week. Worked most of the day yesterday and it feels good to have a day off. Got home last night just as the horses were making their way to the gate for the derby. Grandkids were here for a visit last night and I think we will be seeing them again today. Gonna go visit Mom and my sisters this afternoon. Other than that, time will be spent in the basement getting ready for this Saturday.
Wishing everyone a good day.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Thirty six and supposedly going to sixty three this afternoon. Red and I had a quick walk this morn. I need a morning shower and then get into food prep for Mother’s Day at our house.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
morning all. 44 with 70 and high wind warning out. Still DRY.
Happy Mothers Day. Will try to make it special for Gwyn.
Worked on the plow yesterday morning then the backhoe in the afternoon. And as usual, chores and watering and watching cows.
Off to do that again this morning, then church, lunch and well see what else goes on.
Have a blessed Lords' day, praise and thanks to Him for all we have. Prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Great morning folks,

With sunshine and a clear sky we have 42° but the good news is the wind has quit blowing for now here near HalfwayUSA. We may even get to 68° by the time the clouds roll in.

Not sure what will occur for Mother's Day. Mostly likely an incoming face call for Debra Dearest as our kids are over 1000 miles away. We might take a ride to explore a new place to hike.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the banks of the Chesapeake Bay in rural VA . Had a good relaxing day yesterday .
Went out to Cockrell's Creek Seafood for lunch old neighbor the farmer up at Lake Anna called us yesterday and asked if we wanted to meet there . Great seeing them both . Food was delicious .
While I traveled a lot of places it hard to even come close to the seafood that comes out of the Chesapeake Bay . This place uses fresh catch every day except for the shrimp which comes out of the Gulf of Mexico this time of year .
Well the softshell crab dinner was the bomb their fried flounder looked pretty darn good as well and we didn't have to rob the bank to pay for it. . Yesterday evening we rode over to the boat yard our Deadrise is finally ready . It looked good . Pictures will follow possibly tomorrow afternoon . Now time for the covers to be made . It's good to be home even though the weather is a little cold and rainy .
Everyone have a great day and stay warm dry and safe.
HHH
Food Ingredient Recipe Building Tableware
Food Tableware Ingredient Staple food Dishware
Cloud Sky Water Naval architecture Watercraft

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a cold start to this Sunday morning at 41 and only going to 60 with clouds and maybe drizzle. George and CT Ken, did you not get any of that rain Friday and Saturday? We are swamped here. Gun drawing got lucky, rain eased up and stopped for a few hours from 1-4 and they made some money for the Fire Dept. But not the crowd they hoped for. As we packed up it rained again and then at 9 pm, about the time it was wrapping up, we heard thunder and got another downpour. I'll need a baler to mow the yard tomorrow. Won't be dry enough today.

Ken, sure glad it's not birthing person's day either. The cards would have to be bigger, and they would have to charge more. As it is, I almost needed a home equity loan to buy 2 cards...$17. Yes I said SEVENTEEN DOLLARS for 2 normal cards at Rite Aid. Next time I'm going to Dollar General. I already told Sue that's all she getting. Couldn't afford flowers after that. Daughter is coming up today and my mom. I have 2 chuck roast on the smoker for poor man's burnt ends. I'll throw a rope of sausage on here in a bit. Be enough for a few meals this week.

MRC, too bad they sent Tyler to AZ for training for 4-6 weeks. Hes not going to make it this year. You could have ridden down with him. Wish you were on my way. If I had more time I'd swing by and pick you up.

Well I need some coffee and breakfast. Gotta git. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Happy Mother's Day, GoGo. It's 54 in Louisville, going to 71 and sunny. We've had clouds and showers for the past two days, so the sun is welcome.

This is my first Mother's Day since my mom passed in December, so I'll be thinking a lot about her today. Cindy's mom is still alive at 86 and Cindy's going to church with her, then go eat somewhere. I'm getting a "kitchen pass" because I need to go to the range to zero my Savage Copper Mine. Wish me luck as it always makes me nervous resetting headspace after I've removed the barrel. Hopefully the barrel won't come off again until I get my new Criterion barrel sometime around August.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here, our nation, and Ukraine.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Mid 50s with sunshine in the hollow this morning, on the way to the 70s this afternoon. Spent yesterday at Dry Branch directing a UBR match. It was cool (50s) with drizzling rain all morning with winds 5-10 mph. Standing on the firing line it looked very shootable at both 100 & 200, but the scores didn't reflect that. We did have a few 500 + plus aggs, but nearly everyone struggled. We had a decent turnout with 26 rifles competing, although the component shortage is having an effect. I expect to see my three daughters today and will spend the afternoon with one and her family. Be good to all the moms out there.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
GM from Cottondale Alabama at 55° going to 85° but leaving out soon for the Cow Farm. We left the Crawfish Festival a bit early yday so we would have an easier drive home.
Font Gas Event Advertising Banner

Shrimp on a Stick for JB yesterday Catfish for me and it was very good.
Glasses Food Hand Arm Vision care

Festival food here is a cut above most.
Henderson Swamp on I -10 on the way East.
Cloud Water Sky Plant Arecales

Sky Plant Cloud Tree Land lot

Peanuts are up agrowing in Louisiana.
Shorts Shoe Purple Grass Umbrella

My granddaughters for the day insisted I play with their Bubble Guns. Yea I asked momma if i could take their photo. 4 youngins under 6 years old...
Off and on the way to Kentucky.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Charlie, we just got a little shower here and there overnight Thursday in to Saturday morning, nothing major. No significant amounts. Little spritz last night about 9:30, just enough to get the walk wet. It's been a cold, wet spring around here and the ground is finally beginning to dry out like it should.

·
Premium Member
5,447 Posts
Good morning everyone...nice and sunny at 58°. Me and the dog been out in the garage this morning while the wife slept in. Wedding reception was survived....by me anyway. When I left after 4 beers half the groomsman had had their shirts and jackets off and running around in their vests with their ties wrapped around their heads.....seen one vest one backwards and buttoned up....figured it was time for me to go home...been down that road before!....lol
Cleaning up my 12fv Savage in .223 to take to the range to see how it shoots with some 50g speers...Speers... I have for it right now. I'll be taking my 6br and 6ppc as well to sight in and get a 300yard setting and will have to wing it to get on at 400 since no range that far close. Not sure if we'll make it down on Friday or not.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Late morning check in for me, sun is trying to shine, and the wind is blowing, might dry things out a bit, we sure need it. Really looking forward to Friday and Saturday, cant wait. Took mom to church this am, for breakfast, and came back home, the wife was not feeling too good. Cleaned the fron of my truck out yesterday, that took about 2 hours, vacumed, cleaned mats, cleaned windows, door handles, console etc. May clean the bed out today, and wash it, may quit running been so long since it has been washed, wontknow how to act. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts