Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 64° with a gusty wind of about 10 to 16mph with gusts up to 26mph. It will be about like yesterday was but a little warmer.

I worked on a new customers computer yesterday morning and in the afternoon, we went to our Granddaughters college graduation party. It was nice with plenty of food, and I am quite proud of her. Today will be a trip to the Veterans home to see my FIL for Father's Day and my MIL who seems to still be hanging on.

Prayers are sent to all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Happy Juneteenth Varmints. 74° here near Crawford, Oklahoma and it sure feels good outside. I’ll be blasting off toward the Bluegrass State as soon as it starts turning daylight. Had another fun day of shooting and fellowship followed by a fine steak dinner and capped off with some hunting stories that would rival any comedy club in the country. Shooting in this wind out here is unlike anything I’ve experienced but Bruce’s son, Justin and his friends seem to have it figured out.
Gotta get going. Make it a good Father’s Day.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Happy Father's Day, fellow boardies. Didn't look at the temperature but probably low 50's with a light wind currently. Expected to build up stronger again as the day progresses. More trimming from the lift is the plan again today.
Got more done yesterday than expected as my 2 brothers stuck with me all day pulling brush and tugging on a rope to help take down some limbs in big pieces rather than me whittling away at them in the air. Heights didn't used to bother me but I'll tell you what, it's a whole different world 65' in the air these days. Tree guys earn every penny they charge, bet on it. Especially when the wind is blowing and your target is moving with it.
Hope you all have a great day and a fun one for the guys that have traveled out west for the get-together.
Ken

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 68 and headed to 93. Yesterday was bust for shooting, too windy. I managed to getva rough zero on one rifle. Then picked up my rifle from the gun shop, this time the bases are parallel with the bore, and there's 2 ugly holes in the receiver. An early Stevens 15A followed me home as well. It appears to have spent it's life hiding in a closet, not in the barn. It is the nicest 80 year old rifle I have seen.
Church today, first Timbaland after a month of traveling.
Hopefully everyone will have a great Sabbath,
Ken

·
Registered
415 Posts
Happy Father's Day to all fathers out there!! 47 going to 75 another beautiful day on tap. My lawn needs mowed, or the hay needs mowed, at least one - two rolls if any damncow farmers are interested. Be safe Prayers to all and country, safe travel to all in OK heading East. Mike

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Mornin boys...
49 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Happy Fathers Day !!!
We done our thing yesterday, dinner and a movie.
Went and seen Melissa's dad and step dad. Had a good day.
Didn't get to smell smoke yesterday but going to fix that today... Maybe...
You all have a golden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a chilly 55 going near 80 with wind. Yesterday I decided NOT to take the boat to Hatteras. They rent them down there if we want to run to the sandbar and my buddy will have his. So I went with Sue to take Lillie back and see the kids. Had a nice trip, bbq chicken from the fire hall for lunch and got a new pair of Crocs for Father's day. Got home and finally got the garden in. 8 tomatoes and 3 rows of beans. I started melons and zukes in pots, probably too late for the melons. Made grilled wahoo and shrimp for dinner. It was good.

THEN Sue tells me I have someone interested in the boat. He wants to see it today. Now I guess I'll wash it up and get it running today. Fingers crossed I get it sold.

I also found a wood swingset on Craigslist not too far away. I may ride over to look at it for the kids new house.

Well I need to chug some coffee and get busy. Ken you be safe with those trees and everybody leaving the Hilton, drive safely. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

Font Electric blue Circle Rectangle Signage

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 62 in Louisville and only going to 80. Absolutely spectacular. HoI t weather returns tomorrow and will be brutal for a full week.

I replaced front brake pads on my old Ford Escape yesterday. Then later I worked some on Miss Cindy's spalted maple tabletop. The weak board, in the middle, has some long, deep cracks where the wood dried and shrank. I think we're gonna look for some blue or turquoise resin and attempt the "river" effect. Most of the top is sucking up oil like crazy and should look pretty good.

Don't know what I'll get done today, but I'm gonna try to enjoy the outside temps as much as possible.

Glad to hear that Bruce's Bash has been a good time for those folks.

Have a great Father's Day and be safe. Prayers up for our GoGo friends, our nation and Ukraine. Special prayers for those returning home from Bruce's Bash. Y'all be careful.

Smile Gesture Font Pink Happy

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good Morning Everyone, Running a little late today. I've got something going on but just not feeling good . Blood test looks good. Hopefully we can figure this out . Anyway we managed to get about 3 dozen crabs this week of crabing with 4 pots . I throw the little ones and the females back .After steaming I picked crabs for about 2 hours got enough for a handful of crab cakes that the Mrs will make today . Not sure what's up today . I doubt much will be going on until I start feeling better I am a little concerned about 5-6 years ago UVA was telling me that my lower spine was degenerating. Oh yes the PTO switch was the problem after studying the wiring diagrams I found the the ignition switch and a few other items run through this switch it is also another safety switch .The contacts inside the switch must have had a poor contact and heated up . Everyone have a good day.
HHH
Wood Terrestrial animal Metal Gas Natural material
Property Cabinetry Furniture Kitchen appliance Countertop
Food Arthropod Ingredient Recipe Seafood
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Leaf vegetable

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Morning Everyone and Happy Fathers Day!

Its 72º and Sunny here headed for the upper 80's. Like many other parts of the Country next week is suppose to be brutal.

Not much going on here. I tinkered in the new loading room. Mostly arranging stuff on my new bench. I did get one press mounted. And I did take a break to watch the Razorbacks beat Stanford.

Not much planned for today either. Probably move some more stuff to the loading room.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our country and any others in need. Also for those who will be traveling.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Morning all, 66 headed to 82, low humidity, another beautiful day on tap. The forecast for the coming week has moderated some, down about 6 degrees from 102, to 94 or so the most of the week. Church in a few, then enjoying the rest of the day outside. You all have a good one, prayers for those that need them and those that are traveling, Buff out.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
morning all. 52 with mid 70s later, good chance of some moisture, parts of the valley got good rain yesterday, but we're still DRY with no rain here.
Really didn't get much done yesterday, just watched sprinklers and shut several off for a few days.
Swathers are out and one is all ready to cut, other is in the shop for new knives and a few other things.
About time to get the balers ready too. But not today!!!
Ready for church then lunch and what ever comes along after that.
Have a great Lords' day, prayers for those with needs. And Happy Fathers Day!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
GM from Hayfield Kentucky again and I am hauling hay balls out of the fields so I can move Damcows to Summer side of the highway.
Lot hay balls got moved by my 2 boys but a lot left to haul. I should be cutting more....Big Greenie all hooked up and ready, but NO operating hay bailer.
@Kentucky Fisherman is letting things spin out of control up in Louvil. There is a street Party called "Fourth Street Live" and the Mayor decided to attend. He got Mugged by one of his "Didn'tDoNuffins"
The new to be mayor was attacked earlier this year already. But theres no problem folks...keep tourists in the dark.
Big Anti -gun rally last week was followed by 5 DidnDoNuffins in a shootout at the Waterfront Park.

Meanwhile there are NO problems at Crawford Oklahoma where our friends are having fun.
Love that area....good folks.
Off to hayfields again, have a safe day.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sounds like a good sale . I like to see everyone happy . Now talk to my wife . She purchased the deadrise and a few buckaroos have been spent getting it to look as I think it should. 2 years to get it painted now waiting on custom covers to cover the complete boat which is 26' . One thing I've learned about here . Forgot it's going to be completed soon . I'm still waiting on a gun safe for a year to be painted different painter.Congrats I know that feeling well .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts