Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
59° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies, the high temperature will be getting up to about 82° today. It will be a sunny day with a calm mild breeze this morning and be about 6 mph this afternoon.

Well, we all have heard of the fickle finger of fate, it struck me early yesterday morning. Before I could get out the door the phone rang with an emergency call, and I didn't get to go fishing. My wife was nice enough to tell me it would be all right to take off and go "Up Home" this morning to fish so that is where I am headed and am not answering any phone calls.

Prayers for all those that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good fishing George.
It's 63 in Waseca, high about 86. It's getting warm again.
Yesterday I filled holes from the rotted stump burying a bumble bee nest then took the M14 to the range. I am getting the hang of shooting it, there's a learning curve.
In the afternoon we visited my wife's brother in Faribault. He has an ongoing battle with skin cancers.
Today is visiting the Mormon church, my wife's daughter is giving the talk today. I have never been before so it will be an eye opener for me.
Hope everyone has a blessed Sabbath,
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to 80+ with a fire red sunrise. Brisket and Canadian bacon were done on the pellet grill yesterday, brisket was excellent bacon was ok for first time. Think I didn't get the spices right on this first one for me. Thanks to KF and others for the info. Since I was grill tending and enjoying adult beverages yesterday, grass cutting will rank high today. Give Praise and thanks Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Great morning folks

Mostly clear with 61° and todays high will be 97° on here near the prairie and hay bales.

Yesterday was hot. High was 99° but the wind chill kept that to a more tolerable 97°

Shooting was good enough even if the shooters were not 🤣. It was windy enough that trick shots had to be employed. It was a trick to make a bullet hit the intended target.

Mike used his home built 22mag for this one. We rolled it over twice before finding an entry wound. There was no exit.

Hat Landscape Grass People in nature Cap

Corey out for a morning stroll.

Sky Plant community Natural environment Plant Land lot

Sometimes a picture just presents itself.

Human body Road surface Asphalt Tar Grass

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Memo to self: Don’t call George at 7:30AM and start asking computer questions to mess up his fishing. Our hearts go out to those folks in Kentucky and West Virginia who have lost everything, including family and friends. Too bad they couldn’t have had a bit of that rain for Skruske”s lawn where he’s murdering poor PDogs. There’s not enough fodder for a wildfire. It’s 64 this morning at Halfway USA, Scott.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 75 headed to 85 . Yesterday was a beautiful day low humidity nice constant breeze from the bay.
We ate at our usual seafood joint as usual it was delicious. Yep FFF fresh fried flounder + the Cole slaw was extra good yesterday.
While going through the town of Reedville I had been eyeing this purple marlin house.It huge it has 18 compartments and it is wood with a metal roof. I stopped and asked if they would sell it yes they said 10 dollars so I asked no questions a it came back with me .I decided to disassemble clean it out which I found 4 old nest and start cosmetic work. Sanding patching and prepping to paint the same colors of the house. A work in progress.
Good friend called me this morning while he was at the Chickahominy River yesterday his dog started the same thing that my hound has been doing. He rushed his to the same ER vet in Williamsburg and 1200 less dollars later his was diagnosed with the same thing as mine. Guys I know that sounds like a lot of money on a dog but these hounds aren't your average dogs . Both his and mine have been professionally extensively trained and continue to be trained for hunting and obedience. Not only do we have a lot invested it's ungodly a large amount of time constantly. Pretty much every day training and running drills. No they are not the average dogs.
Well it's time to boogie on out . Everyone have a great safe day thinking of everyone and wishing for the best .
Until we meet again Happy Trails,
HHH
George enjoy your day of fishing.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
66° here this morning and they say we won’t even reach the 80’s today. Had a full day at work yesterday and then stopped to mow Mom’s grass on the way home. I’m sure glad I got it done because the rain is pouring right now. Went to the local park last night to visit with an old friend. His band was giving a concert and once the sun went down, the air almost had a brisk feeling to it. Met up with my sister and her husband there and we all had a good time. The biggest thing on my agenda is trapshooting with my so after the rain stops here in a few hours

Nice pictures Scott. Thanks for sharing. Did the Red Ryder make it on this trip ?
Prayers up for those in need and those on the road. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
CarlP…. River is a little higher than it was when you were here. We have 5 kayaks, might be good for river now.
We had another .2 last night. A hunter asked me several years ago what our annual rainfall was here. I told him about 21 inches, but he ought to be here the night it comes….”it’s a wet SOB.”
HHH …. Know how you feel about some dogs. I bet even JR would spend 1200 on Otis. By the way JR, I thought cats didn’t like water.
On mission tomorrow to try to do some gun trading. A shop has a Win 42 410 ribbed barrel, a CZ 223, and a S&W 9mm EZ. I been kind of thinking about all 3 last month or 2. Son wants the 410. May have to gather up some trading material and go wheeling and dealing.
Off to church in a while. Little redhead has a church swimming party for back-to-school this afternoon at 3. I think I’ll be napping about that time.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 66 here in south central PA. Heading to 90 or so. Birthday party was a huge success and my work is almost done. Just need to tear down tents and clean up. I was whooped again yesterday. After today, I am DONE for awhile. Don't have any plans until Aug 20th.

After the party yesterday the adults started to unwind. Zip line is a huge hit...literally, and don't use GAS to start a bonfire. My SIL has a little less facial hair. Watch until end...

Charlie Sterner on Instagram: "One year old birthday party is over, kids are gone. Adults play. Lil extra at the end."

Gotta run. Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Looking like more rain today
I did shoot the 10/25 yesterday with the norma Tac it did ok around an inch at 100 with no flags ill take that.
U'all have a great day and prayers sent

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
74 with clouds and some rain supposed to be on the way to the hollow. Prolly make the low 80s this afternoon. Went to Dry Branch for a new member orientation yesterday and watched some of the ARA match that was going on. Folks were there from as far away as WI and south GA. There were close to 50 shooters and I was told some were the top rimfire shooters in the country. The wind seemed to be giving them as much trouble as the centerfire shooters. Tough place to compete. Finished the day with a book and a nap with a pizza and some craft beer thrown in for good measure. If the rain holds off for a while I should get in some weed removal and maybe cut some grass as well. We'll see. Enjoying the pics from MT and pleased to see there are still a few dogs to play with. Last time I was there it was pretty slim pickin's.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Morning all, 73 headed to 77 rainy degrees for the high today, rain most of the day. I went to the gun show yesterday, it sucked, for the most part. Vendors had used guns, priced $50-75 over a new price at the local stores. I traded for a Marlin .22 mag and bought a Sig 365. Shot the Sig when I got home, will make a super nice carry piece, 2 10 rd mags. Elmer Yoder went with me, we stopped at Speedy Taco and ate, he had never at there and thought it was really good. His estimation of the gun show was we sure didnt get our $10 worth. George what is a 10/25? You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and cloudy here and will only get to about 79. There are rain chances for most of the day. We need some!

Yesterday my oldest Son cam over and helped us load the Expedition for an early departure in the morning. He brought 4 boxes containing his reloading gear and we'll set most of it up in my new room. His last move didn't have an extra room for his stuff.

Todays plans are to just be lazy. I'll do all of the driving tomorrow. There may be some rain and most of the route will be secondary highways. We discussed leaving today and driving part way but I would rather have a long day driving than to unload the car an extra time.

Prayers for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need. And for the folks dealing with flooding.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
67° and cloudy, phone says 99° later. The youngest spent the night. Her house just isn’t cooling at night enough to sleep well.
I am no tractor guy but I thought some of you would enjoy this. A little town near me is having what they call the Steam Up this weekend and next at a place called Antique Powerland.. I am going next weekend and will get pictures to post. They have an old working saw mill that I never get tired of.
Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

found these online
Wheel Vehicle Tire Sky Automotive tire

Sky Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
GM from the Chicom controlled state of Kentucky. Whilest yall in church today give Nancy a upsend that the poor thing won't get shot down outta the blue clear sky.
No way the witch goes to Taiwan.

@Gabriel I am not into tractor shows and pulls very much, but I sure would like to see that show. I would like to add that big Steam Tractor show in Ken's neighborhood to my Bucket List.
No rain here but a sprinkle so far, but not Hay Weather for sure.
I was just thinking about setting up some water filled bottles on my target rack at 215 yes. Cans of BEER are spectacular but I don't have any.
Sam Koger needs to take that boy Elmer Yoder to Deja Vu and get him introduced to Wild Wimmen.
Wasting away another day of my life just idling.

Smile Sports uniform Trousers Shorts Shirt

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. Was 49 this morning, with mid 70s and good chance of rain again, we didn't get any at the house but a mile down the road got
dumped on. Very spotty showers this year.
Worked on FILs pickup and got it back to him yesterday, still needs alot of front end work but probably won't happen.
Chores and sprinkler checked this morning, about time to get ready for church... then who knows what we'll find to do.
Better get moving along, have a blessed Lords' day. Prayers for those with issues, those that were/ are getting flooded.
GOD BLESS. Dean

1 - 20 of 26 Posts