Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Better late than never Sunday afternoon post. At noon it's 75 in Indy heading for 82. We're heading for the indoor range shortly to shoot Julie's Walther and my Sig. Taking 3 different types of ammo to get ready for the league tomorrow. I've been doing really well since the wimmens allowed us menfolk in. That is my attendance has been perfect. Many of you have seen me shoot rifles and know I'm not much of a threat. Well, I ain't that good with a pistol but I do a pretty good job of getting Julie there on time.

Got some .45 ACP brass ready to reload. I'll start on that soon as I finish loading the primed 9MM cases. Discovered that half the 45 ammo I've bought is small primer and half is large primer. Picked up a box of Berry 185s at Sportsman's Warehouse and I'll get some coated lead 230 RN and 200 SWC from Hoosier Bullets tomorrow. Gotta' be something there that works.

Off to the range. Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Just finished doing my PT stuff, so I will sit for a second until lunch. NOthing big planned for the rest of the day, but might decide to service my mower if I get ambitious.

Yesterday saw something unusual. We were headed out to get some Chinese food for dinner. My wife said "Look at the biplanes." There were five biplanes flying in a formation. Looked cool, but couldn't see them very long through the windshield. They went out of sight pretty quickly.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to 80+ with a fire red sunrise. Brisket and Canadian bacon were done on the pellet grill yesterday, brisket was excellent bacon was ok for first time. Think I didn't get the spices right on this first one for me. Thanks to KF and others for the info. Since I was grill tending and enjoying adult beverages yesterday, grass cutting will rank high today. Give Praise and thanks Prayers to all and country. Mike
If you get to pick whether you're getting the hang of brisket or Canadian bacon, take the brisket every time, Mike. It took me a while to get brisket down, and it sounds like you're doing real good for your first few. As for the Canadian bacon, the recipe I sent you only calls for Morton Tender Quick and brown sugar. No spices, per se, at all. Should end up tasting like good smoked ham. Anyway, sounds like you did good.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
I'm gonna rescue Doug and TinMan from sucking hind tit. Then maybe someone else will come along and rescue me. We got back to Louisville a little after 3 and it's now about 5 p.m. Temp is a pleasant 75 and shouldn't go up any. It spit rain on us a little as we drove East from Paducah, but mostly was just cloudy.

Had a real good visit with family in West Kentucky. Fished about an hour in a pond on Friday; my brother caught one bass about 2 1/2 and I caught one about a half-pound. That's about it as far as activities down there. I didn't take a thing to shoot, so no powder was burned.

Today's posts look like most of this gang is doing OK. I haven't gotten caught up on reading Friday or Saturday's.

Hope you're having a good Lord's Day and that you're staying safe. Prayers up for our friends here and for our nation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts