Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies with some stars out, the high temperature for today is to get up to about 78°. It will be another nice sunny day with no rain and a calm wind. We really need some rain but there is none in the forecast.

Yesterday I had a good day of fishing, I caught four bass and one walleye. I am thinking of taking a couple of weeks off since the river is getting so low. I haven't done much of any shooting this year and I should start doing some more. Today I am just going to do nothing, there was a lot of computer work this week and I am going to take it easy today.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
64° here this morning as I head back to the grind. Mowed mom’s grass yesterday and visited with my sister and her husband for awhile. They say rain is on the way but its clear for now. Congratulations to Justin and others at New Mexico Antelope. Camp. Good luck to Charlie and Sue. Shopping for a new boat can be exciting and frustrating all at the same time. Make it a good day and be careful on those ATV’s and farm equipment.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 64, cloudy and 78 later. Not supposed to rain, not windy just cool and grey.
Yesterday I did get the range with a couple of 22's. Disappointing results, one has a bad bore and nothing seems to help, the other needed zeroed and the scope wouldn't cooperate.
Today is church, I am supposed to bring my camera and video the event. They are planning an outdoor service and cookout, postponed from last Sunday. When I wrap this event up I will have earned my nap.
Hopefully everyone will have a blessed Sabbath,
Ken

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good morning, fellow GGVG'ers. 50 degrees again at the start with no breeze to speak of yet. Yesterday was very productive around here, good progress was made and an ugly mess in one area was cut up, piled up and stacked up in to some sort of organized mess but hey, it looks better out the kitchen window.
Not sure but I think some powder might get burned at some point today. I've earned it for sure and I've been getting the hankering to pull a trigger rather than wet a line. Life is circular, it seems.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
Ken

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Morn n folks....65* here going to 75*...... grey cloudy overcast..... was up to deer camp fri-sat. mowed straightened out the machine shed....
We got bear problems up there... got into my corn and were rummaging around during the nite....think i,ll do some wiring to deter them... next trip...
Have a good Sunday...

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Mornin boys...
63 here high on RUGER .t this morning.
Got to smell some smoke yesterday, and I got to shoot something !!!
We got a new chrono for the pistols and bows...yep, I shot it...lol
With a 10mm...just a glancing hit...but I made the first 1...lol
We just shot a few to see if we could get it to work with our phones.
Got them set it and working with it so now we can try it out for real.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good Sunday morning from NC Ohio 60 going to 78 with clouds rain / mist no water to help but to wet for an old man to work in it. I did manage to get all the grass mowed over once high, next dry day mow again just a little bit lower. Some domestic work to due and may be good to get to the loading room as I did find a can of CARMEX lip balm. Give Thanks be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 61 and sunny out, headed to 82 with rain coming later today or overnight. Just got the text the guy wants to show the boat about noon. We'll leave about 9 and check out some others while down that way. We (Sue) don't know what we (Sue) want so I want to show her a couple different sizes/styles. Find a style we like then find a good deal on one that meets our budget. The one we are going to see will be stretching that a bit I'm afraid.

Well I need some coffee and a shower. Prayers offered. Have o good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.68 headed to 82 today nice and sunny. I know yard detail today possibly I'll get the Mrs on the ladder I purchased a stand off last week. I'm calling the gutter guy and seeing about some gutter gaurds.Waiting patiently for reseeding time even though the sprinkler system was plowed in the 100+ heat and sun did no favors for the fescue .I have 3 tandem loads of top soil with compost coming end of the month. Its some poor soil down by the waters edge.
Crabs are coming in plentiful now approximately 40 crabs in little over 24 hours. Time to get going so I can later enjoy the afternoon listening to old Otis Redding Sitting on the dock of the bay.https://youtu.be/UCmUhYSr-e4
HHH

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
GM this Sunday from the sticks of Kentucky with sun peeking through cloudy skies.
Yesterday I got my small field of hay balled up with a little trouble from String not wanting to feed. Figured out it was threaded wrong and that cured it. 30 rolls of hay to haul in now. OR. Cut more down with not the best weather forecast ahead.

Like old Kermit I shot some yesterday....just cause I can.?
Killed my water filled bottles and fired a magazine through an AR 15 but managed to hit a steel Plate and not people on the streets. JB has decided she may remain in Babysitting mode another day or so. Parents are wanting to take the almost grown 4 year old for a trip to Nashville without the "Screamer" since she is going to miss her Dada while he is sleeping in a tent in Romania for a year.
Yall have a safe day and be sure to try The new Pickle Juice Slush from SONIC.

Poor DidnDoNuffin got cold Fries at McD (like everyone else) and called the Law on them. OOPS!

Food French fries Staple food Recipe Gesture

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 70 in Louisville, going to 84 and a 50/50 chance of some showers this morning.

A little more buffing and the USMC knife I've been making will be ready. Here's how she looks:
Footwear Shoe Wood Headgear Sneakers

The blade (blank) is a Kephart-style 9" from Green River Knives. Scales are lacewood from Brazil. First time I've used lacewood and the first time I've done this much wet molding on a sheath. There are plenty of small flaws in both the knife and the sheath, but I tell folks if they want perfect they should buy a knife made in China. It'll likely be flawless, just like the thousands made that day. It'll be a Marine who "wins" this knife at the unit's gift raffle during the closing banquet. He'll appreciate it, love it, and give it a good home. That's what Marines do.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.

PS. I fiddle-farted around and didn't post yesterday, so here's my Caturday offering, a day late.
Cat Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Gesture

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Mid 50s before sunrise and we're told near 90 by late afternoon in the hollow. Yesterday afternoon was most pleasant with lower humidity and the temp in the low 70s. Spent time on the front porch digesting the mexican dinner and enjoying the evening. Haven't planned today, but some grass will probably get cut, an order packaged and maybe a bit of ammo could get loaded. Looks to be a quiet day in middle TN.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
No real plans for the day. Temp is in the high 60's with a light drizzle for the past couple of hours. Will be a great day for an afternoon nap. Supposed to get more rain later tonight. Time to read the paper and get ready to do my PT.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Well DIL and little redhead have come down with the Covid. Son was planning on coming home early tomorrow for 3-4 days before second season next weekend. Has 4 hunters then I think. He knows if he comes home, he will have to be quarantined thru the season.
Probably ought to stay at camp and ride it out. Not an easy choice to make….as I know he wants to be here to help out where he can. Josie sure doesn’t like to miss school …. But hopefully she will feel better in a couple of days. All wifey and I can do is offer moral support. Dr’s sure don’t want me to get it with other problems.
Gabriel…. I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed your pic the other day. You probably deserve Grandpa of the year award.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. Was 49 when I left the house. Going to around 86 today with a very slight chance of a shower. But tomorrow
it's going to change back to monsoon rains for the week.
Going to be tuff to get hay put up with that going on. Boss man decided not to cut any more for a few days.
Worked on a couple sprinklers yesterday, one is broke down again this morning. Might not get fixed today!
Chores and sprinkler checking done for now, breakfast over and time to get ready for church. Want to get out
this afternoon and whack a p-dog or two if I can. Lots of other stuff needing done around home but it might have to wait.
Have a blessed Lords' day, give Him praise and thanks for all we have. Prayers for those with health issues and others too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
427 Posts
Powder WAS burned, Tylenol WAS taken for an aching shoulder.
Perhaps 99 rounds of various 308 and 30-06 reduced loads was a bit too much to start off with. Guns have been cleaned, now just need to make notes of what I did for future reference. Had the range to myself, just like old times.
It's been a long time since I've done this, had a good time.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Not much to report. Sunday school, church for self, Dinah and Leo (grand).
Rather mediocre Messican lunch. Chimichanga for me and Arroyo components for Dinah........meh.
We dropped Leo off and spent the afternoon w my brother and SIL.
Filled up at 3.62, down 2 cents from this morning. 25.7 mpg for the Pacifica. Last one for the Highlander hybrid was 38.7. Previous was 41.7. Combined was 39.8. Luvvin it
Tom out w no Klingons in sight.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts