Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Good afternoon to everyone.
A different weekend.
There was a fund raiser for the longest covered bridge. I think longest CB in the US. Thuttuy$ per plate w tea, pop or water. The roast beef was actually good w/o a bunch of fat. The slaw, tasteless. But the pecan pie for being commercial was actually pretty decent. I liked it as a kid and after 33 yrs on SC coast, l like it very well.
Then 3 footlong Subway sammies w a couple of cookies to share w church gal and another $40 w tip - yee ha! Prob not as expensive as Carl's weekend but he still has his stacked on a shelf.
Dinah's DIL has jury duty tomorrow so she will spend the night in Indy to care for the grand.
I have one more box to pkg. The 1010 l picked up at the auction Fish put me on. Matter of fact it's heading to central KY but the buyer didn't know about Jackie's range. He said abt 95mi distant.
Had another point 2 the last couple of days. Beans prefer drier wedda but the corn is going gangbusters. Dinah finally got to mow. It was & is TALL. She set the deck on "high" so will hit it again when she returns tomorrow.
Still soaking n scrubbing the 257Roy. A lesson to be learned about carbon. Like l mentioned to Justin, we can not know how much carbon is left without a bore scope. I can scrub n scrub, new brushes, plural, used, get it down to a barely tainted patch. Think I'm done, soak it for 3 days then wowza....pushing a solid black patch out the end for several cycles. HARRRRRDD carbon.
Not that this is the latest or greatest but have been using Free All to get through the carbon. Keith likes it. I had to go to inet to get it in the 16oz cans for best price break.
New books by Lescroart, modern murder mysteries have been general disappointments. Time to move on,
Tom out

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
You awanting the Skin Mike??? I had a cooler yday in JBs ride.

Francisco, Sam is talking about Arrowheads. It was close to his Wifes farm where the Rattlesnake was. He took me there once but I'm not sure I could go back. I had a " "X" from that general area once and it is a pretty uninhabited area. Mostly Forests and Rattlesnakes.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good late, late afternoon, GoGo. Had some heavy thunder showers today, but not enough to amount to much. Just about enough to keep the humidity up. Got up to about 89 for a high.

Been busy on a variety of projects today, including the knife I'm trying to finish for the USMC reunion I'm attending. Lest I come across as a wannabe faker, I attend these gatherings because this is the unit my Navy corpsman uncle was serving when he was killed in June 1968. In fact, this is the only unit her served in that capacity and he made it with them only 3-4 months. He had served two previous tours on a Navy ship offshore as a radioman. Anyway, I'm making a Marine-theme knife to be given away at the big closing banquet. They usually have as many as 10-12 items to give away and they pass out tickets, raffle style. Anyway, today I poked a hole and attached the Eagle, Globe & Anchor lapel pin to the front of the sheath. The knife also has red and yellow (as close as gold as I could find) liners on the scales, next to the blade. These Marines are in their mid-70s, but they'll spot the USMC colors pretty quick. I don't want to post any photos until it's finished.

Glad to hear Lightman and the missus made it home with no blips.

Hope y'all had a good Sabbath with no accidents. Let's remember to pray for one another and for our nation.
Cloud Sky World Architecture Font

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
You awanting the Skin Mike??? I had a cooler yday in JBs ride.

Francisco, Sam is talking about Arrowheads. It was close to his Wifes farm where the Rattlesnake was. He took me there once but I'm not sure I could go back. I had a " "X" from that general area once and it is a pretty uninhabited area. Mostly Forests and Rattlesnakes.
Thought you'd shared enough PD Safaris with me to know I like collecting and curing rattler skins. That one you showed is marked up a lot prettier than those prairie rattlers we got in SD and Holly. If anyone can get me a good one or two, I'd have to ask you to skin it, salt it heavy, then roll it up and ship it to me in a USPS pouch or box. I would, of course, refund you the shipping. If it's you that kills/finds one, JR, I might drive down and pick it up. I need some more of those pricey snacks at Buc-ee's. 😁

21 - 27 of 27 Posts