Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Sunday Morning 9/12/21

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  hedgehoghunter 
#1 ·
59° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature will be getting up to about 78°. It will be a partly sunny day with wind about 10 mph, we have a 60% chance for showers and possibly thunderstorms for tonight.

Yesterday was a tough day for fishing, I caught one decent bass and lost another, they just weren't hitting. I fished two different sections with the same results, it didn't matter as always I enjoyed myself. The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home. Today we will go to church and take life easy for the rest of it I hope.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#3 ·
Good morning from Waseca, it's 64, overcast and rain possible, high about 68.
I worked on administrative stuff yesterday, no writing, no shooting. Ran errands and got items needed to get pictures of reloading press while traveling.
Church this morning followed by laundry and a nap. Getting things organized for the trip.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#4 ·
Great morning folks,

Overcast with a chance of rain and 66° for now here near HalfwayUSA. There a long stretching cold front over the house causing the unstable air but doesn't seem to be a lot of moisture associated with it. We should see a high of about 73° today.

The extra battery install went very well yesterday. Tight confines in the battery compartment but I was able to make things fit. Cutting 4 gauge jumper cables worked out excellent to tie both batteries together. The cable came from Walmart & the right size copper terminals were bought at Harbor Freight in the welding section.

By late afternoon, I had the water system flushed and refilled. I got the shop vac out & cleaned out all the factory saw dust & such from the 'hidden' little places. When I finished up, I told DD to "get in we're going." She said "Where?" I said "Don't matter, lets go have an adventure". :D

Probably going to wash the bugs off the campers today. That's a lot of square footage to cover.

#5 ·
Good morning all. It’s 72 in Indy heading for near 90. Gonna’ be a good day for anything indoors. Julie came home from the steel shoot with 1K WSP primers she bought from the husband of the gal who drove. $40 and he has more! I told her I’d buy all the small pistol or rifle primers he wants to sell. She won her class at the steel shoot, by the way. Centerffire iron sights. Guess I should say she was the onky entry in the class. 😂 Her friend Wendy did the same in the centerfire optic class. Everybody else was shooting .22lr. No trophies were awarded. No reliable witnesses.

Have a good day.

Reactions: lightman
#6 ·
Morning folks from the sticks of Kentucky where it is just breaking daylight. Another sunny day prediction for finishing up the Hayfield I started rolling yesterday. I think I rolled 26 and that was about half of it. . JB only raked 4. Rounds as I raked the other and needed to let it sit and dry for a while. No Problems with equipment yesterday.

Well I got my Geo Metro back from my SOB BIL who called and said: "They's sumpin arunnin out if it" So I go up there with a gallon of water hoping it was antifreeze instead of a piston through the engine block. It seems the Radiator has busted where the plastic end tanks hook on....Sledgehammer Rick has a spare radiator and will repair it in a couple days. So I'm still driving the Nissan truck ( which has a couple new dents and scratches).

Julie Roberts has robbed some poor unsuspecting sole of a thousand SP primers, and it is about to get into the Felony region when she buys??? More of them.
Any y'all feel Sick and about to Die, put me in your Will for your Primers you won't be using. Jest Saying.....

"Justin said" he may be down here today for a visit and help with hay....I will believe it when I see it. I have a lot to haul out of the fields and an electric fence to erect to keep Damcows out of it. probably Wind up doing it all myself.
Then. On to FIREWOOD season, but I have quite a bit already cut from last year. There WILL be a fire in the Woodstove this month I have no doubt.

Maybe even do some shooting in a day or so. I fired my One Shot yesterday and connected.
I am trying to get the Hay work completed before a foray into Federal territory this week to visit with Skruske and Francisco. Rummage sale weekend at the "Sawdust Days" festival weekend. I am dropping a trail of corn so we can find our way back South.
Y'all have a good day and be safe....the Hospitals are already FULL of Chjneze Virus folks who are very very sick. 5000 new cases everyday here in Kentucky and 39 deaths yesterday.

#7 ·
Morning Everyone!

Its 63º and clear here headed for 90. They have moved Wednesdays chances of rain up to tomorrow.

The Wife went to a distant cousins funeral yesterday. She gave me a pass and rode with a Brother and his Wife. I spent most of the day yesterday hooking up my trailer and loading the Polaris. That would have been a 15 minute job for me 5 years ago! But not anymore. I work a few minutes and sit a few minutes and work a few minutes ect!

My oldest Son and my Granddaughter will be here soon for breakfast and then we'll head to deer camp for the day. We'll fill the feeders up and change the cards in the cameras. I'm pretty much against feeding Deer but I found out the hard way that if you don't feed them you won't hardly see any. There are just too many other feeders scattered around.

I forgot to respond yesterday about 911. I was in the crew room at work drinking coffee and doing my time from the day before. My Wife called and said to turn on the tv. The first tower was smoking and we saw the second plane hit. Before the plane hit I don't think they knew exactly what had happened. I remember sitting in the shop door that night with a beer and not seeing any planes in the sky. We're right on the flight path for any planes approaching Little Rock from the East and the sky is usually busy late in the afternoon. But not that night.

Prayers for Cheek's family, those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

#8 ·
Morning folks. It's 61 here with the sun coming up. Days sure are getting shorter. Supposed to be 82 today. Yesterday sure was a nice day to sit outside all day. Our crowd at the gun drawing was small, but spent a lot of money. I think the fire dept. made out all right. They didn't know there were 2 other gun drawings in the county the same day until it was too late. No doubt they'd have had a better day if they were the only one.

Guess I'll clean the camper up and see if I can post it for sale. I'll put a crazy high price in it just for fun. We don't need to sell it, but we don't use it much either. Rather get more for it now than less later.
Need some coffee first, might check my trail cams put back too. Food plot is doing well and getting chewed on.

Have a good one.

Charlie

#10 ·
morning all. 40 with highs in the mid 80s, no moisture in sight.
Finished baling the field I started Friday, and got another baled.
Lots of bales got stacked yesterday, still lots in the field. Will bale more this morning too.
Helped the New Holland guy work on the boss mans damgrandkid baler yesterday, it should go to the field this morning, demo derby time again!!!
Breakfast waiting, coffee too. Better get.
Have a blessed Lords' day, prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#11 ·
Mornin boys...
57 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
No squirrel hunting happened yesterday.
I did change scopes on a 22 to and got it ready
to take. We had Elijahs girlfriend and her mom and sister
over last nite for a bondfire and smoked some hotdogs
and brunt some mellows for smores. You all have a gooden
today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

#12 ·
I’ve come to the conclusion that a farmer’s greatest and most used tool is the welder. I never would have thought that but then I’m not a farmer or a welder. The sun hasn’t risen yet or the cloud cover is so thick the sun won’t rise. We’ll have a bunch of the kids and their kids over for dinner today. It seems they missed mom’s cooking for the past two weeks while we were away. It’s either that or they missed my smiling face and sterling personality. Yeah. That’s it.

#13 ·
Little redhead and I went to town yesterday to pick up Colorado peaches. We usually buy 3 boxes every year. Supposed to be in at 11 am, but didn’t show you 1 pm. We had time to go to the park abs play on slide, swings etc.
By the time we got home, I was ready for my nap…lol
Off to church this morning followed by pot luck and business meeting.

Hair Hairstyle Cartoon Facial expression White
P
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

#14 ·
58 at sunrise in the hollow, probably close to 90 by afternoon. Back home from a weekend at the UBR Nationals where a new record was set, but not by me. I was pretty bad and finished somewhere mid pack. Stayed with some folks from WVA and PA in an airbnb in Stanford, about 20 miles from the site. A good time was had by all with good food and some adult beverages. The match was very well run and we finished up around 3:00 both days. I spent most of my time with the scoring crew hanging targets n the wailing wall. The dogs and wife seemed to be happy to have me back home. There is a car to be emptied, rifle to clean and grass to cut along with other assorted chores. FWIW- I learned of the 9/11 attacks while in a local reloading shop. I am deeply concerned about our countries future, but know little to do about it.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#15 ·
I am deeply concerned about our countries future, but know little to do about it.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Just keep doing what you are doing Rick. If more people followed your example, a lot of our problems would disappear. I think the same could be said for most folks here on the board.

#16 ·
Morning all, 76 headed to 87 today. Did several errands yesterday, did not accomplish much. Did have a young man come over and I taught him how to load .308 ammo. He did it all, lubing, sizing, trimming, priming, powder and bullet seating. He is hooked, told me to start looking for him a good used press. He has grown up around me, and I hired him about a year before I got sick, at the Camp where I worked. He has5 years in now and is doing great. He is also learning some gunsmtihing, did pretty good on his first bedding job, and he is learning to polish steel ready for bluing. He soaks up this stuff like a sponge, and I am glad to teach him. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

#17 ·
Afternoon everyone , Hope all is well and those in need of prayers are received. Fridays hunt was a nice day didn't pull the trigger but the weather was beautiful mid 60's I could feel fall . We had a great meal pizza , a couple of Italian dishes and salad . Yesterday I spent the day with my wife and old farmer friend from Lake Anna VA . He was my old neighbor and purchased a house in Reedsville. We went out for softshell crab sandwich and some fried Chesapeake oysters. Talking about good. This restaurant gets everything fresh off the boat . Beats them high end joints any day which I'm like a fish 🐟 out of the water when I go. Headed over to his house this evening he is a farmer by trade and he loves harvesting crabs from the water . He is supplying the crabs I supply the JO seasoning. I don't drink I'm not old enough but the wife and him will sip on some golden beverages I'm glad I never liked the taste. Now sometimes I do like a sipping drink maybe a little bourbon and ice with a dash of H2O once or twice a year .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.