Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
66° here in Upstate NY this morning with a little shower going on. The high for today is to be about 70° with some showers.

Went fishing yesterday and then we had company in the evening, I plan on taking life as easy as possible today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Administrator
11,786 Posts
Good morning George and the rest to follow. It's a steamy 71° here again with clouds and maybe some rain on the way. Up early for no good reason. Maybe I'll get a nap today? We're having a picnic here tomorrow so I need to get some work done around here today. Clean up the back deck, mount a patio umbrella, fix some rust spots on the patio furniture. Miss Sue is getting our granddaughter here in a bit. Maybe we'll go fishing, or shoot he crickett?

Had a miserably hot day yesterday at the gun raffle. We were under a tent out of the sun, at least. Pretty much killed my day. Not much "scenery" to look at. Mostly "hefty" Shippensburg farm girls with bad tattoos.:rolleyes::eek:

Well, my coffee is ready. Guess I'll get moving. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Sunday Morninge

Good morning from Booneville California, it's 51 degrees now, should be 78 and clear today.
We had a change in plans yesterday. No looking at old tools, rather a trip to the town of Elk and Mendocino with a nice stop in the Navarro River Redwoods state park. The peace and solitude there is beyond words. Following that we had a great evening with our friends.
Today we clean up the the two outside buildings and load the the truck.
Hope everyone has a blessed Lord's day.
Ken

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
morning all. 48 here and smokey. Will get almost to 80 with 30mph breezes later.
Forest fire on the other side of the valley, near the town of South Fork, Colo.
Lots of dead pine timber there, with the wind and everything so dry it will be a hard one to get control of. Really makes it hard to breathe between the dust and now smoke. :eek:
Got another sprinkler serviced yesterday then worked on the big blue tractor, but didn't get the antifreeze leak stopped, will have to wait for the right parts.
Time to eat a bite and go check the damcows and sprinklers.
Then off to town for church and wallyworld, not sure what we'll do this afternoon.
Have a blessed Lords' day. Give Him praise and thanks for all we have.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Great morning folks,

62° and another thunderstorm is about to visit us here near Halfway USA. Had one last night just about dark and it was a doozy. Rained so hard I could not see 60yds. Should be clear and sunny in an hour or so.

Lots of chores got caught up. I started on repainting the electric legs for the Bigfoot camper. Rust was begining & DD was complaining about appearance. Got them all primed. The will get a fresh coat of white paint this afternoon.

With the rain this morning I'll be able to plug together some more 22br.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Good morning from the home of The 500. It’s 70 looking for low 90s by the time we finish a round of golf. Then we’ll finish packing and sacking for the p dog deployment. The gunship departs early tomorrow.

Today’s traffic tip for the west side of Indy. Don’t! Just don’t!

Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Good Morning

68 degrees and already muggy out there this morning. They’re saying now that the rain might miss us completely. Had a graduation party last night and have another one this afternoon. I was able to make it to the range yesterday and play with the new-to-me 30-06.
Cleaning out the cars and cutting a little firewood are on the agenda today. It will be a hot job but the swimming pool is only a few steps away.

Make it a good day

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Good Morning from the sticks of Kentucky on the Damcow farm.
It sure looks like everyone is talking it easy today....maybe some y'all drop by and help me in the Hayfield. The Boss Man did his usual and went out on a limb and cut a field of hay yesterday against the weatherman advice. I am getting ready to go slang the dew offen it with the fluffer, in hopes the rain will miss me again and I can wad it up late this evening.

I had a late evening yesterday helping Rick repair my barn Roof, he's already used 1300 screws and more to buy Tuesday. Otis the CAT observed the activity from the front porch.
#2 son didn't show up, he's helping neighbor do hay in Meade county. #1 son is in Nashville Tenn, #3 son is still in Ireland. So. I got Judy Brown..

Skruske, I would have handed DD the paintbrush and say have at it.
Y'all folks here sure are a bunch of GOOD Husbands.
I played phone tag with Voldoc yesterday but we never did talk, maybe another shot today.
Greyfox and Carpman may check in with a kill report.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Mornin boys...
67 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Rain yesterday at times and some sun. A!most
went and shot some but figured the mirage would
he bad and probably muddy so we didnt.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Good morning from Kanab Utah....got in yesterday about 4pm and unpacked the car and then found a restaurant and then a grocery store that sold beer:D.....of coarse by the time we got back I had time to drink one before I fell asleep on the couch.
Woke up this morning and this was out the view out the window.

Hope to get to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in a bit and get some more pictures taken.

You all have a good day!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Greetings from central SD where it's sunny and in the upper 80's. Up late last night and started moving early making coffee for everybody and forgot to check in. All is well and we are eradicating rodents at a satisfying pace. The dogs don't go down until sunset and that's about 9:30 so we tend to stay up late. Some of us old guys wake up as it grow light and that's about 5:30. Will have to go home to get some sleep. I'm not big on slaughter pics and the KYFisherman isn't exactly photogenic, so I haven't taken too many, but I'll report in with a few.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts