Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
54° here in Upstate NY this morning it is going to be another nice day. The high temperature will be about 70° today. We aren't supposed to get any rain for the next few days.

I went fishing yesterday and enjoyed myself and today I am going to relax after church this morning.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Great morning Varminteers,

A light rain just passed by, it is 62° and should remain cloudy until later today here near Halfway USA.

Yesterday's rain kept me inside much of the day so I had the Rock Chucker doin' it's thing. I finished loading up the last of the 22BR & that is ready for PDS18.

By the evening, things dried out & I got some outside stuff handles. I had to pull the door panel off the old Ranchero to put the window back in the track. It is a pleasure working on old school SIMPLE vehicles. The Redneck Limo got grease smeared on it. Some even when into the zerks and lubed the steering components.

The old fat tire bikes got aired up & lubed up too. They are ready for a nice ride today. Debra Dearest asked if we can go find a rail trail to ride & enjoy. Sure thing, just pick one of several in the area.

Grass needs cutting already. About every 4 days. Hopefully it will slow down growing soon.

Farmers around the house have finished up Spring planting. Looks like beans will be what we get to see this year. Last year it was corn all around & by late July, we weren't seeing very far from the windows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Good Sunday Morning

66 here in NC Ohio with thick fog from the half inch rain last night. Maybe there won't be so much dust blowing in from the Dairy farm for a day or two. Plan on getting to my BF Bob's little range to sight in the 17HMR. Give Praise to the Lord for this day and all that he provides!!! Prayers to those and country. Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
70º and light rain falling in the hollow. It won't last and the temp should reach the upper 80's this afternoon. I enjoyed some range time yesterday working with three benchrest rifles and a different .224 bullet for the 220 Beggs. Later my wife and I went to a baby shower party for our son and DIL. We are expecting our 5th grandchild in August, another boy to go with our one granddaughter. Not sure about today as it depends somewhat on the weather. We have to replace the liner on my wife's fishpond/waterfall and about 1/2 the grass needs a cut. Might punch some computer keys in there somewhere as well.


G'day Y'all,
Rick
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Good Sunday Morning from Missouri

78* degrees starting out here in the northern Ozarks. High today in the mid 90's, and no rain in the forecast. Slight chances of rain through the week but that is just very slight chances spoken by the weather guesser on TV.

Still trying to rest up from the trip out to Holly and surrounding area. May have to beg a trip with some of you great white prairie dog hunters in some other area of the world. I am beginning to think that several steel plates hung at random distances out in the field on my farm ground is maybe going to have to take the place. But would have to move them so that the hay can be cut and rolled up.

Have a great Sunday and give thanks for all we have and prayers for the needing. God bless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
Sunday

Good not-a-Saturday morning from Indy where the predicted 52% chance of rain canceled the round of golf. I was hoping for 48% but rain and lightning won the day. It's 66 heading for 88 and looks like we're socked in. My daily afternoon nap will be rescheduled to before noon. We pressure-washed the deck yesterday and need 2-3 dry days to apply a new coat of sealer. Today ain't gonna' be the first day!

The New Palestine girls won the 3A state softball title for the 5th time. Two weeks a go they were ranked #5 in the country. They were supposed to win but South Bend St Joseph gave 'em a battle. Score was 3-1. New Pal's season record ended at 30 & 1 and this was only the 7th time all year they were held to single digits. Congrats to both teams.

That's it for the sports and weather. Tune in again tomorrow. Same time, same station! And have a good day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,341 Posts
Mornin boys...
68 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Hey say we might be getting some set stuff
today and most of next week. Still no stone...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...


Donnie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
At 6:00 here in the Far West it is 48 headed to a blistering 60. Rainy and cool the last couple of days. This is normal here in the Willamette Valley this time of year. Getting antsy to ge the Cherokee back. I am having a 4.0 put in that is stroked to 4.5, RV cam, balanced, new injectors, bigger throttle body, CC’d aluminum head, header. Off to church in a bit then lunch with the wife. My youngest takes her test Tuesday for her RN license so it is a little tense around here right now.
Have great day GGVG Gang.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,777 Posts
good morning folks. It's 69º here with rain coming. No I didn't sleep in. Been up early, ran to Wally World for grass seed and exchanged some shorts that were too BIG. Got home and used my cousin's seeder attachment and drilled some seed in the yard. I spread crab grass killer last fall and hardly have any grass left. It looks like hell. Hopefully this rain coming gets the seed growing. If it covers half the bare spots, it'll look better than it did. :rolleyes: Got a few rows of beans planted before I ran out of seed. My first crop didn't grow. Too wet I reckon. I'll get more seed tomorrow and set another couple rows out. See what happens.

Yesterday I worked at the shop a bit, came home and worked on some gel coat repairs on the boat. I managed to do a fair job at it. I need to go over a couple spots again to fix some spots that need a few low spots evened out, but it looks pretty good. I got a kit that has coloring agents that's supposed to let you match the color of your boat. Well mine is just slightly off white. They give you white, brown and black. How the hell do you make off white with those? :confused: Just a tiniest dab of brown added made it look like chocolate milk. Needed a little yellow if you ask me. So my repairs are slightly visible, but it beats looking at cracks, holes and chipped out sections. I wanted to wash and wax it today, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Maybe I'll finish pulling weeds out front and take it easy the rest of the day.

Hey big G, Sue bought ready made pizza crusts and fixin's. We made smoked pizzas for dinner. I forgot to snap a pic. They were super tasty!

Have a good one!
Charlie
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top