Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
58° here in Upstate NY this fine morning. The high today will be up about 85°. Going to be about 90° tomorrow.

Went fishing with no luck yesterday morning and then I had fix a computer in the afternoon. I hope to do not much of anything after church today but loaf.

Have a Wonderful Fathers Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,

As morning twilight brightens, we have a clear sky with 68° here near Halfway USA. 90° for today's high. Humidity to go with it too.

Happy Father's Day.

The Redneck Limo got a much needed bath & detailing yesterday morning. It was so dirty it needed to be washed twice. My ABS sensor arrived in the mail but I'm going to have to wait to install it until after we take delivery of Deb's Ford Edge. Don't want to screw something up and not have a vehicle available.

The baptism & birthday party went off without a hitch. It was a very enjoyable get together.

I was informed last evening we're having a cookout here and I'm to take Mule Deer Brats out of the freezer. I wonder what time the festivities will begin...

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Good Sunday Morning

70 now going to 90, is that weather or a car race?? A big cheer for all the fathers out there, this is your one day that belongs to you!! Enjoy, be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
morning all. Happy Fathers Day!
54 and moving to the mid 70s today. Got a very light shower yesterday, just enough to freshen the air, but only lasted a few minutes, the wind blew and so did the dirt.
Got another sprinkler serviced, Gwyn came along and helped, didn't take too long. Only one more to do and I'm not sure well even plant and use it this year, just not enough water to go around.
Took the AR out of the truck and put the 17hmr in, hope to get some p-dog shooting.
Better head out and check around the farm, then off to town for church and wally world.
Have a blessed day, give God praise and thanks for all we have.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Good Morning from the Hayfield in Kentucky, looks like a scorcher today. Just like I like to see them.
I have 3 small patches .....Not even going to call them Fields....left to rake and Roll today. Then it's on to moving the rolls out of the fields, but I have got most out already.
Moving the neighbors hay that I bought 50 rolls , first thing as he just wadded it up yesterday afternoon.

I got the tractor wheel on without anyone getting injured and #2 Son did a lot of raking for me yesterday. It was tough on an Air Conditioning boy in the heat, maybe melted some grease out of him! One breakdown yesterday, broke a hydraulic coupling on the rake, but my buddy Rick came by and fixed it after a trip to tractor supply store.

I was a good grandpa yesterday, I let both the Grandkid and the PseudoDamgrandkid ride in the cab tractor for a few rounds. Then threw them out.
Skruske, sorry I missed the party, maybe if I get that list of STUFF all finished up that I mentioned yesterday, I will come to your party tonite.

Off an on the way.....oh I forgot. Geo battery went Kaput so I'm walking today. Maybe reduced to driving Judy Brown Nissan truck.

·
Administrator
1,712 Posts
Good Sunday Morning

77* and clear on the way to the mid 90's today here in the northern Ozarks. Not much to talk about for me this morning but going to try to stay in the air conditioning as much as possible today. High humidity and hot sunshine, and no wind makes a recipe for a miserable day.

Went to my 55 year high school reunion last night. It is quite something that we still have all the graduates are alive. So many of the classes when they get to that many years have lost a lot of the classmates. After the reunion went to the home of my best friend through school and visited with a few of the classmates who also came there.

You all have a great day and stay cool. God bless!

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Mornin boys...
70 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads...
Still tired from yesterday's fishing trip.
Not so much the fishing as not getting hardly any sleep
the night before. Went to bed about 12:30 and got up
at 3:30 to go. But it was fun.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
good morning folks. It's 70º here and sunny. Going to be hot here too, with a chance of T-storms later. It must have rained thru the night, there's wet spots on the deck. That throws a wrench into our plans. Miss Sue wanted to stain the deck today. I took a look and I think we'd better let it dry out a bit. Don't want to seal any water inside the boards. :rolleyes: Lucky for me, I have other plans. After work yesterday, I got the boat washed up really, really well. It's looking very good. Today I want to compound and wax the topside, where it's very dull and chalky from the sun. I plan on using several different products...compound, wax, 2 coats of wax/sealer. So, it's going to take a while. (PSSST....I didn't wanna stain the deck anyway :p).

Well, better get some coffee in me, change some clothes and get to work. I think mom is bringing up ribs to put on the smoker for later. Not sure if the kids are coming up or not. Tyler made it to the sandbox in Qatar okay. He'll be there 3 months min.

Have a good one, and happy Father's day all.

Charlie

PS...Donnie, that's why I don't like to go to the Bay on Sundays. You never get any sleep the night before, then up early, with a 2 hr drive each way and a long hot day. Just kills you Monday.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Mid 70's and sunny, going up to lower 90's in the hollow on this Father's Day. And before I forget, Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there.
I missed yesterday's "good morning" as I got up around 3:30 and drove to Hoover AL for a UBR match. It was hot & humid, but we had a good time anyway.
Not sure what today will bring. I've heard from two of my girls and will have brunch with a third and her family later this morning. I'm sure my son will call sometime today and he's probably considering what it will feel like when he becomes a father for the first time in about six weeks.

A G'day to you all,
Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts