Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
48° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature for today will only get up to about 58°. We are to get rain tonight and tomorrow and there may be some flash flooding around.

I went up to the gun club yesterday and shot two of my rifles for awhile, it was nice as I haven't shot very much at all this year except for rimfire. In the afternoon I got the lawn mowed. Today we will go to church this morning and then I'll take life easy the rest of the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Good morning, it's a chilly 52 in Iowa, no rain in the forecast.
Yesterday I got some stuff out to the curb for free take it home. Then I set about loading the truck with buckets of range lead. I had to weigh each bucket. Originally I guessed 1500 pounds, the total was 3471 pounds. With everything else that is part of the sale I have 4000 pounds on the truck.
Today is church and take it easy this afternoon. I am still sore from handling all that lead.
Hope everyone has a blessed Lord's day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Great morning folks,

Cloudy overhead with 52° now but we might get to 67° later here near Halfway USA. Back to the upper 70's by mid week. All the rain is remaining south of us.

Rummaging yesterday was actually productive. ;) I checked a couple items off the "looking for" list. I bought an AR15 Magpul grip for $1. DD talked herself into buying a solid Oak bed set. Raised 4 poster head & foot boards with side rails for $60. Had to go home to retrieve the truck at the end of the day. Then it was play musical bedrooms. The bed set that is leaving the house will go up to Shelly's formerly flooded house.

DD's Edge and the Redneck Limo both got a thorough washing and vacuuming. I didn't get to the grass mowing but that will get done today.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Between physical therapy and over doing it on a honey-do shopping trip I am hurting. Expected muscle soreness but I lifted something heavy into a shopping basket while turning and tweaked my extreme lower back. Hard to walk now. Really hope I haven't screwed something up. I'm going to just sit on my arse all day today before more PT tomorrow and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Good Sunday Morning

56 here in NC Ohio with FOUR inches in the rain gauge and still raining !!! All the clouds are heading your way Charlie better get your canoe ready. Besafe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
morning all. 45 here after a nice warm day yesterday.
Enjoyed a day off the farm yesterday, got to visit with some of my cousins on my Dads side of the family. Was good to see them as they don't come around much.
Off to town and church, not sure what will take place this afternoon. Haven't heard of any break-downs on the farm yet, but something always does when I'm not here for some reason.
Have a great Lords' day, give Him praise and thanks for all we have and do.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
12,357 Posts
Mornin boys...
69 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Didn't do much yesterday. A/C went out in my reloading
shed yesterday. Got to have 1 soon...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,790 Posts
Good morning from soggy southcentral PA. We had off and on rain all day yesterday, and it's been putting it down fairly heavy all night. Not sure how much we got but it's just puddling on the ground. Ground was so hard and dry it's not soaking in. We are on our way for record rainfall for the year, after shattering the record for summer rainfall. But don't worry about me MPC, I'm up on a hill and live in a log house. If it floods here, I'll just pull up anchor and float away.

Worked at the shop yesterday. Fairly busy with folks cooped up because of the rain. After work I got 3 more buckets of crabgrass pulled out of the back yard. I think that's the most of it. Went to Lowes for topsoil and lime and grabbed a bite for dinner. Got to drive mom's new car. It's ok...small for my likes but will suit her fine. She put a for sale sign in her car Thurs and had 2 callers Fiday. One offer and it's SOLD. That'll make six car payments and it's their problem now. :)

Well, I guess no yard work today. Not sure what I'll get into. Might get my hunting stuff together. Probably take a nice nap too. For now, there's coffee in my future. Have a good one gang.

Charlie

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Morning

Good morning all. It's 59 :)eek:) heading for 63 in Indy. 50/50 chance of rain all day and about 90/10 chance I'll be out in it. Paid up front for a St Jude Research Hospital fund raiser golf outing that's scheduled to start at 1:00 and the only thing that will stop it is lightning. I'm working on my water-proof mentality.

Lookin' a lot like the Big Machine Vodka 400 at the Brickyard is going to get washed away. All of yesterday's events at the speedway were canceled.

Have a dry day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
WOW 56° at 0715, that's cool here 100 miles N of Sac-a-tomato. I been unsupervised for several days while wife is on annual house trip on Shasta Lake, the Delta fire is up there, 36k acres and put a lot of smoke on the lake, and has kept I-5 closed since last Thursday. I should probably think about rehabing the interior of the place before she returns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
51 and cloudy here in the thumb of Michigan should be a good night for calling and culling coyotes rain coming in around two in the morning.You all have a great day

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
low 70's with light rain in the hollow this morning. I spent a fair part of yesterday at the new range with several volunteers laying out the firing line and 100/200 meter berms for the 2nd or 3rd time. I'm told that surveyors have a saying, if you find yourself lost in the woods, drive up a stake and tie some colored tape to it. A dozer we be along in less than 20 minutes to knock it down and you can follow him out. To be fair our contractor has had little choice in knocking them down as there has been a massive amount of dirt moved. We are getting close though. If the rain isn't too much we may have the firing line pad ready for concrete and a shed in a little more than a week. Then the berms can be dressed, top soil spread and seed/straw scattered. We will probably hold off on the 300 meter berm until later and move on to the pistol bays and maybe even the shotgun range.

Spent last evening camping in the front yard. Daughter, SIL and grandson came over for camp food and conversation. Grandson stayed in the new tent with Oma, Grandpa and the Westies. My wife has declared the new tent suitable, so I'll pack it up after the rain stops and thing dry out. We'll use it for real some time next month. For today, it's office work, maybe some reloading and watching it rain.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts