Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
49° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature to get up to about 59° today. It is drizzling out a little and we will have a chance of rain today. We had a little rain yesterday morning and then it cleared off some. I got the grass cut yesterday afternoon and that is about all I did.

We will go to church this morning and the I am going to relax for the rest of the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Sunday morning

A good Sunday morning everyone!! 42 here in NC Ohio with two dry days predicted. Still to wet for any grass mowing or hay making for which I no longer have the equipment for that and its to far for JR to make it on the share. Looking forward to the Ohio Daylily club meeting this afternoon, the first event of summer for me. Give Praise and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Great morning everyone,

43° with a clear sky as the sun is pushing morning twilight further westward here near Halfway USA. We saw 70° for a half hour yesterday. Finally a really nice day is on tap with a high topping 73° today.

It was a highly productive day around here on Saturday. Deb & I transplanted about 20 trees from the nursery to out around the yard. Our wind break is comprised of mature Spruce trees & those are starting to lose limbs. We added some saplings in between with hopes they grow to fill in the cover. About 8 Maple saplings were placed as additional obstacles as well.

The barn is once again cleaned out. Lots of leaves blew in under the sliding doors. Wouldn't ya know, 3 minutes after the last of the saw dust was swept up, Debra Dearest ask if I could cut a board for a shelf in her camper. :rolleyes:

I spent an hour or so cutting primer crimps out of the last of the 223 brass. I have two buckets on the reloading bench that need to be sorted & that caliber will be all caught up.

I finally dragged myself inside about 8:30pm.

Today, we will get the camper prep'd for travel to damncow country. Not sure what day we burn fuel & smash bugs. Have to coordinate that with the hosts at the bed & breakfast. :D

·
Administrator
13,439 Posts
Morning folks. It's 60° with rain here and will probably last most of the day. I'm getting a head start on a mother's day gift. Building mom a shed. Her 1/2 car garage is too small. Figure i can cut the boards and build the walls and paint the siding here in the garage. Tack it all together at first, disassemble and take the pieces in and reassemble. Only thing tricky is the roof. Not too worried about that.

Gun drawing was a waste. They give cash options on their gun bowls. Out of 20 bowls, half took cash. The shop ain't making out on that.

Well, I need to get moving. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
morning all. 27 to start this Lords' day. Mid 60s and breezy later. Should have a couple nice but windy days then chance of moisture later in the week.
Spent most of the day yesterday in the shop, under my service truck. Sure takes me longer that it used to. Serviced the transmission, and also change the engine oil and checked everything else, greased and ready to go. It even had reverse when I tried it now. Hope it stays working!!!
Off to check cows and do chores then to town for church and wally world. Not sure what we'll do this afternoon. I should work but have things to do around home too.
Have a blessed day and give God praise and thanks for all we have. Prayers for the needy and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 53º and kind of hazy here headed for the low or mid 70's. It has rained for the last few days but not as much as forecast.

Spent the day yesterday sorting and processing brass. Had a good friend call unexpectedly about mid morning and him and his wife came down for supper. Him and I spent most of the time on the porch with a drink, grilling steaks and talking guns.

Not much going on today. Breakfast and then church. I may ride over this afternoon and check on my weeds at the Dove hole. Its been about 10 days since I sprayed them so they should be dead. I'm hoping to burn it off next week and plant Sunflowers. We'll see.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Good morning from Laramie WY. 36 degrees and some sun today high of 62.
Big boy is in Rawlins, I will catch up with it at Wamsutter and Rock Springs.
800 miles yesterday, and I skipped all the tourist stuff in South Dakota. I can say when folks talk about a dull drive across Nebraska, well they have not driven across South Dakota.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
Mornin boys...
60 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Had a good day at the Jakes for Christ get together yesterday.
Had about 20 kids show up and about 50 overall.
They want to do it every year.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have 59° and that's almost fire building temperature for us. We did get a small amount of rain yesterday and last night, but i haven't seen the gauge yet.

Middle son Justin is asleep on the couch, he took his kid to pizza and ice cream for a couple hours last night. He is a good father and i am Not a good GFather. Judy Brown attended the Rhonda Vincent show last night...well all afternoon, as they are friends. Had a great time, I would have been a Stick in the Mud at such activities so I sent her by herself.

Skruske is going to live in the Woods it seems, planting trees to mow around. Congratulations to Ken on escaping the religious commune and going on his Great Adventure out West. When you get our age, one needs to do just what you want to do and skip the BS stuff. Buy some more guns if you desire them.

I caught another **** in my live trap and relocated him to the Mt Vernon reservoir since he was a nice feller.
Dropped by McD and rewarded myself with a Hot Fudge Sundae!

Everyone try to be SAFE today, takes old folks a long time to heal up.

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Good morning everyone. Still at the house and no plans to go anywhere yet. Need to try to mow grass today or tomorrow and test out the new weed whacker. Probably at my dad's house first. If the weather is decent I might fire off a few rounds if I get lucky.

Skruske is planting trees and I got a few that need taken down very soon....2 are Ash trees that luckily still have a few leaves but are dead they just dont know it yet. Other one is a Elm I think. Also have a few that need trimmed as they are shading out the yard and o grass will grow there just moss.:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a good day

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
60ish with clouds and misting rain this morning. I'm a tired puppy. Up yesterday at 4:15 and ran the match yesterday at Dry Branch. Home just before 7:00. Woke this morning just after 4:00 with some predator killing someone else just outside my bedroom window and didn't go back to sleep. Finally, gave up about 5:30 and got up. Now I've finished unloading the car & trailer from yesterday and posted the results on various boards. Now I've got to get ready for another trip to the range to collect some $$ and do a couple of orientations. Hope I sleep tonight.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.