Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Sunday Morning

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  koger 
#1 ·
67° here in Upstate under cloudy skies and fog conditions in Upstate NY this morning. After the fog burns off this morning we will have a high temperature expected of about 86°. No rain expected till Monday night and Tuesday.

I got up to the gun club with the VP yesterday morning and we got all the trim placed on the new shed. We also put one last board on the old cardboard shed to finish that up, we need to re level it though sometime. I am glad to have the sheds done it has been a long spring and summer working on them. Today I am going to just relax and do nothing all day I hope.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 70 and raining, supposed to rain all day. Yesterday was scattered light rain that didn't amount to much. I spent the afternoon with friends sweating at a camp ground. Hot, humid and no breeze.
Church this morning followed by a nap.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#3 ·
Good morning from NC Ohio where it is 65 now heading to the 90's again, hope its the last one. Just read that Curby Cochran passed away, he shot on our rifle team in the 60' - 70's was a Harley-Davidson trained motor cycle mechanic and race driver. I'm sure he and Mike Murphy knew each other. Give Praise for all our Blessings. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#4 ·
Great morning folks,

55° and clear with mid to upper 80's coming later here in the wiles of Wyoming.

I believe we are taking a bike today. Not sure where. Perhaps northern Colorado or some where in Wyoming. Gonna find out if Debra Dearest & I are acclimated to the elevation here.

#5 ·
Morning Gents! Its 75º and hazy here headed for the low 90's.

Our plans for yesterday didn't work out and I ended up doing a few chores at home. Spent some time in the loading room sorting and tumbling brass.

Not much planned for today. My Son and his partners are going to be working over at his Duck Club and I may go check on them.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#6 ·
Good morning folks. It's 73 here with clear skies and going to be a HOT one later. I should be on a boat or kayak somewhere, but I have some work to do. I need to pull some weeds and mow and catch up on some chores around the house. Maybe wash the boat and put the cover over it. A nap is definitely on the agenda. Coffee first. Have a good one.

Charlie

#7 · (Edited)
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we are expecting another day In the 90s.

Like Lightman, our farming did not go quiet as planned. Fluffed hay, raked hay assisted by Judy Brown, started rolling it up into balls. Justin arrived to finish raking., thankfully. I got down to about 3 more balls and saw smoke coming out of the hay bailer. Bearing had worn out and was setting that afire.
Kicked it out and no problem but last few rolls are wet as it rained a few minutes later.
Down till Monday when I can get bearings and Rick to reassemble it.

Weather forecast is thunderstorms every day this week.

The colored armed up marchers in Louvil managed to shoot each other yesterday. What a shame. Send more ammo.
Replacing cutter blades today and mowing the yard after the dew leaves. Maybe do an MPC and stay in AC.
BE Safe and don't get in PTO shafts.

#8 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's 77 in Louisville, going to 91. Yesterday was supposed to be 90-91, but we hit 94. Slight chance of late afternoon thunderstorms today.

Well, the Not F'ing Around Coalition (NFAC) was about 350 strong in Louisville yesterday, dressed all in black and carrying a variety of weapons. Before they marched, they proved they weren't f'ing around when one member had an accidental discharge and injured three of his colleagues. The news folks played a clip this morning in which you could hear the shot. There was only one blast and it sounded like a shotgun to me, so I'm betting one of the black shirts let go a load of shot into the concrete at his feet. Couldn't wait to get the party started, I reckon. NFAC leader Grandmaster Jay gave authorities one month to conclude the Breonna Taylor death investigation or the blackshirts would return and "burn this f'ing place down." Derby is set for the first Saturday in September, so I suspect that's when the NFAC will plan to return.

Some right-thinking groups had said they would show up as counter-protestors, but it was only a handful.

I have a blood donation at 11:15 this morning and they're testing all blood now for COVID antibodies. I kind of hope mine comes back positive.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Keep your fingers outside the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot. ;)

#9 ·
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 67 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Had a.shower or 2 yesterday, thunder and lighting but
nothing too bad. We need some rain ...
Went to the pawn shop to pick up some 00 buckshot and it
was gone. Should have got it when I seen it last week
but was trying to find #4 buck. No 9s or 45s eighter...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

#10 ·
Well guys, awaiting the bride to apply, fluff etc the last bits before heading into church.
Ken, my tablet said 88% humidity for you this ayem.
Mikie, so few ADs... most all are NEGLIGENT discharges. So many MoFos in one place equals Gross Ignorance. Hey - Dinah is READY. I'm outta here.

#11 ·
Late morning all. 53 earlier with low 70s later and damp! We got a half inch yesterday and it's sprinkling out there right now. Finally starting to see a few weeds growing where there's been nothing all summer!
Had to put a tie rod end on my farm pickup yesterday, then sprinkler work. Not much else happened yesterday.
Gwyn made it home ok yesterday, our Grandson is out of the hospital and doing a little better, thanks for the prayers! Has a inflammation of the stomach lining, has to drink chalk like medicine, yum!
Off to church in the living room, then maybe a nap before lunch. Maybe work in the hobby shed later, have a bunch of brass my middle son sent home with Gwyn, they picked it up at a yard sale. Needs sorted, de-primed and cleaned up.
Better get moving around, have a blessed Lords day, remember those in need of prayer and give God thanks and praise in all we do!
GOD BLESS. Dean

#12 ·
Good late morning all. At 10:00, it's 79 and expected to reach 90 ("feels like 99") by the time the family gathering begins at 2:00. Those who said they want to sit outside may reconsider. Sounds like a pretty good feed bag with pulled pork, green beans, baked beans, slaw, mac & cheese, and peach cobbler all prepared by the cooks at the golf course. They're also providing dinner ware, coolers, and ice. No way we could have done all this for what they're charging us. The room rental is also worth every penny just for the space and comfort.

Went by the Rural King to see about putting down a deposit on the $60K Gatling Gun but they didn't have any 45-70 ammo to go with it so I passed. They are short on guns and even shorter on ammo. Had a little .22lr and some .38 Sp plinking ammo and a bit of other rifle calibers I'm not interested in. Some of the .38 was a kind of non-incendiary tracer. Everybody needs that!

Final preps for the reunion call. Have a good day.

#13 ·
Morning all, 82 and headed to 90. Didnt do much yesterday, took a bad fall on Friday evening, and am really feeling it yesterday and today. Went to the funeral home visitation for my Aunt yesterday, funeral today. The last 3 weeks had taken its toll on her, but in a better place now. Got a best friend coming over this afternoon late, have not seen him im a while. Good New Kermit, I have located some buckshot, have to go see what size it is, but will get back to you when I get up with the guy. You all have a good one, Buff out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.