Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Sunday Morning

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Kentucky Fisherman 
#1 ·
69° under cloudy skies here this morning in Upstate NY, there is a chance for showers and thunderstorms today with a high temperature of about 84°. We need some rain but the chance of rain is only 40% for today.

Yesterday turned out to be a very nice day, I got "Up Home" and fished for a few hours. I managed to catch four small mouth bass and had fun watching different things going on. I watched a pair of ducks for a time with their young, I had a doe and her fawn come down to the river to get a drink, I was able to watch a muskrat for a couple of minutes. That is the kind of day I really enjoy. Today we are going to church this morning and then take the rest of the day easy.

I hope FB made out well at his air rifle and also KF at the BR shoot along with Rick.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
A good Sunday morning to all! 72 here in NC Ohio and muggy after 3.75 inches of rain yesterday. Hope Dean experience the same rain sometime soon. Suppose to be cloudy for a couple of days, should be good for digging dirt after the rain. Give Praise stay safe. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#3 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 67, partially cloudy and high is 72. Gonna be a great day.
Road trip was great yesterday. Just to get away.
Church this morning, maybe some range time later. Need that Sunday nap also.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#5 ·
Good morning from sunny south central PA. It's 75 going into the 90's again today with humidity. We had good rain last night, I don't know how much, but there was lots of lightning with it. Mom and our pastor's family got evacuated from OBX so they came home yesterday. They fought rain the whole way.

I finally got my weeds pulled yesterday. Four wheelbarows ful. Let them get out of hand. Things look a lot better, but I need to spray some weeds again this morning. Sue and I went for groceries and to Lowe's in the afternoon. I got some salt for the conditioner and some asphalt patch. Fixed some potholes in the drive upon returning home.

Not sure what's on the agenda today. Need to run the dog into mom sometime. Probably have to go get Lillie for the week this afternoon. Whatever I do, it won't be too much outside. Going to be a HOT one.

Have a good one.

Charlie

#6 ·
morning all. 44 on the pickup this morning, mid 80s later and still a chance of showers, or just wind and dirt!
Worked getting sprinklers going yesterday, one had a flat tire and got stuck, others had just been off for a few days. Still have one that I didn't get going, some problem with the safety system, will work on it later today.
Hay got stacked yesterday and more cut too. Getting alot down in the winrow now!
Some one woke us this morning at 4:00, turned around in our yard. We have a dead end sign at the end of the drive but you'd be amazed how many people just can't read!!!
Breakfast waiting, have a blessed Lords' day and give Him praise and thanks for everything.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#7 ·
was a cool 64º on the front porch at surise. We had significant rain over the past 36 hrs, but today looks to be clear with a high in the 80's. Yesterday's UBR match had a lighter than usual turnout for varying reasons. Part of it probably has to do with it's popularity in our area. I can shoot a match within reasnable distance every weekend as can most of our regulars. Conditions were, as always, a challenge and we only had one score of 500 +. But everyone seemed to have a good time. I did, even though I'm worn out. Not sure what today will bring, although the car needs unloading and a rifle needs cleaning for starters. Might cut the grass, which will take care of a good part of the day.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#8 ·
Morning all, 67 headed to 80 today, great relief from the heat. Got some gun work done yesterday, wife got back home from my daughters in Ohio, sure missed the old gal. We had Gumbo for supper last night, even better than Friday's. Going to Church in a few, that is about it for today. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

#9 ·
You have a different situation down there, Rick. With us, there are a number of different clubs shooting totally different disciplines. There is no UBR but there is lightly attended Short range BR More score than group, rimfire, air rifle, 600 and 1000 yard long range and even service rifle. Actually, service rifle is enjoying a new birth with the AR rifles shooting those matches.

#12 ·
It's good to have choices and I'll pleased that you do. There are some long range veues available, but sanctioned matches are quite a distance away. Same with group. Closest is St Louis and that's 350 miles or so. We do hold rimfire matches at our range, but not sanctioned by any body. We will be holding service rifle matches there next year. WE encourage all competitions at our range, but we don't have enopugh folks willing to be match directors.

Rick

#10 ·
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky wher we have a misting rain. It rained about 8 times yesterday, but didn't amount to anything.
I replaced both belts on my Geo Suzuki clone. Turned into a pretty big Greasy job for this old man, I was wore out and went to bed early as I was hurting all over. Thank God for Rick my mechanic who was gone yesterday..

JB got back from Ft Knox last evening so I have Help now.
I sure need to cut hay but the weather doesn't look good. Again.
Yall have a nice day.

#11 ·
Morning Gents! Its 77º and Sunny here headed for the mid 80's. They are calling for a cool down later in the week.

We spent most of the day yesterday at Deer camp. The oldest Son and Grandson built a new stand and hauled it down. We trailered it back into the woods and got it assembled and set up. The weather was great, not too hot, and the mature timber provided lots of shade. Got back home late in the afternoon and did, nothing!

We slept in this morning and it felt good. We both needed it! Not much planned for today. We may ride over to my Son's place and start a well. Or we may just wait until tomorrow.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#13 ·
Tail End Charlie checking in. At 1:15 it's 76 in Louisville, going to 81. We've had something like 3-4 inches of rain since around Wednesday or Thursday.

I didn't make Rick's match yesterday, as planned, because I came down with a screaming, gagging case of vertigo Friday around 6 p.m. I haven't had verigo and nausea like that since college, which was almost 50 years ago. Went to a doc in the box yesterday and got a shot of phenergan for the nausea. I managed to keep some soup down around 7 last night, and I got a good night's sleep. Today the vertigo is about a 4/5, down greatly from Friday's 10. If any of you guys have had sudden, intense vertigo like I described, I'd like to have any ideas about getting over it.

I've been asking for prayers for a longtime friend named Denise, who has breast cancer. She spent a few hours at the hospital yesterday to have a port installed for her chemo treatments, the first of which is Friday.
Please keep the prayers coming.

Y'all have a great Sunday and be safe out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.