Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
55° here in Upstate NY under partially cloudy skies this morning, the high for today is to get up to about 71°. It is going to remain cloudy most of the day. We have a 50% chance of some rain this afternoon and evening which we are really in need of.

I had a nice day fishing yesterday and I was happy as it looks as if it will be the last one this year. I caught five bass and they were all decent but not real large. When I got home I stored my equipment away, put some new jig heads on Mr Twisters that needed them. Now I need to concentrate on getting ready for bird season with Rusty, I have clay birds to shoot yet, etc. Today my wife doesn't feel that good so we aren't going to church, I will just take life easy and may even take a nap this afternoon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
A good Sunday morning to all. 71 here in NC Ohio with about one-eight of rain overnight. Need to visit a friend today, a Aunt of his passed this week funeral is tomorrow. I need to some clean up in the garden and get some irrigation lines buried. Prayers to those and Praise for a wonderful day. Mike

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 55 and the cloudy skies are clearing up. Supposed to be warm and sunny at 73 degrees.
I made a grocery run yesterday, 6 packages of meat, bread and peanut butter cost 80.00.bucks.
Church this morning followed by a nap. See what happens this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 69 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
We hit the pawnshop yesterday and the other gun store, no
9mm was to be found or any kind. Well, I think the other store
had a couple boxes of fmj at $25 for 50, cheap stuff...
Looks like I'm going to have to look for bb's and slingshot fodder.
Oh, and a skateboard...that seems to be a good thing to have these
days to go along with a backpack...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Loaded some 30BR for the last Harrison match next Saturday. other than that Saturday was uneventful. Canning lids can be placed on the endangered species this year; they’re as scares as hen’s teeth. So we’ll start looking again come Christmas time.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Loaded some 30BR for the last Harrison match next Saturday. other than that Saturday was uneventful. Canning lids can be placed on the endangered species this year; they’re as scarce as hen’s teeth. So we’ll start looking again come Christmas time.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Great morning folks,

A passing shower just past by leaving us with a partly cloudy sky and 62° here near HalfwayUSA.

A little rummaging in the morning was relaxing. A treasure or two came home but no tools this time. Deb & I mowed the grass and then...

For those of you sitting on the edges of your seats, all the wood I have on hand is split & stacked. About 2 more face cord & the woodshed will be as full as it's ever been. Last evening Deb & I sat around the firepit as the debris from wood spitting got burned off.

A couple outside chores this morning. Deb is roasting a turkey & family will be over for a late afternoon dinner.

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Good morning everyone...little wet out this morning here. Not sure what will get done today.
Yesterday I went to the shop for a bit to profile my other straight taper barrel in 20vt. Then I took a 22ppc barrel for my panda and cut the chamber off and turned it to 1.060 and fit it to one of my savage actions and rechambered it to 221fb.
Also last week my buddy had a rem700 sa in .223 for sale new unfired with a cheap scope for $400. It now resides with the rest of the stuff I rarely shoot.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Good Sunday morning varmints. It's sunny and 59 here with a nice breeze. Yesterday we ran the dresser to our daughter's house for Lillie. Her new dad will paint it today, maybe. Their house is coming along. They hope to get countertops and sink in this week. We only spent a little time there, as we had to run home to cover a seafood banquet. They did 2 gun bowls, so the evening was not a waste. Miss Sue and I ate way too much good seafood, and neither one of us slept very well. Shrimp, clams, crab legs, bisque, etc. I might skip breakfast AND lunch today.

Not sure what I'll get into today. I might swap out the ceiling fans, might not. I should reload some ammo. I need to get Lillie shooting when she comes next weekend. I also need to get a few new scopes zeroed, and a load developed for my new muzzleloader. Bear season is a month away.

For now, I think I'll have some coffee and relax.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Good morning from the rainy sticks of Kentucky; rained off and on all night I think.
Man, it was blazing hot for a time yesterday, 92° on the funeral house thermometer. Later on I got one of my hay piles fenced and get the last one today between showers.
I delivered a Watermelon to a fella on another Forum, I was given 10 to distribute by a Ghostly fella on there who does NOT meet people.
I was considering hosting a large "Meet and Greet" party for statewide members but have thought Twice about it...probably be a killin.

KF, we found a 20# 4 pack of Pork Roasts on sale for $.89 a pound and I smoked one yesterday. They were about 5# each and that's just the right size for me. Other 3 went to the freezer. Lectric Smoker is doing the job with a stick of hickory on the elements about every hour till I foil it. Bearclaws are worth their weight in gold.

Hope to travel to Michigan Wednesday if our invitation is still valid. Things are different everywhere with the Chinko Virus lurking.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
good late morning all. Lazy Sunday morning, 37 with mid 70s later and just getting warmer all week.
Got all but two sprinklers drained now, they may get ran again.
Not sure what we'll do today, but something will happen.
Have a great and blessed Lords' day, be safe and healthy. Give God praise and thanks for all we have. Prayers for our country!!!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Good morning GGVG from a rainy southern ky.
Uall have a great day.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Morning all, a rainy stormy day in store for today. Church in a few, then dont know what I will do the rest of the day. Got a line on a Remington 722, in .222. A buddy got it off an older gent in the next county over, who bought it new. Also got all the brass in the remington boxes, a total of 130 rounds. About a mint 722 as you will find, for the sum of $425. Also has Leupold bases and rings. He had a 6x Weaver on it, but gave it to a grandson. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 73 in Louisville, going to 82 and cloudy. Humidity is about half a click shy of heavy fog.

Today will be spent recovering from the two-day UBR Nationals held Friday and Saturday at the Boyle County Fish & Game Club just a little southwest of Lexington. I took the Dead Ass Last trophy out of 10 shooters in Factory class. Greyfox says the 6BR barrel is shot out, at least for the level of accuracy needed for UBR. I do have a 6PPC Stiller Viper that I could upgrade a bit and maybe be middle-of-the-pack competitive, we'll see.

"Professor" John Beauchamp took third in the Factory grand agg with a Savage 6BR. The guy who won the Factory grand agg was from North Carolina and he was shooting a Savage as well. The guy in second shot a Cooper, I believe. A good friend of Donnie Harber also shot a Cooper and was fourth. His score was the same as John's, but John beat him under the Creedmore rule.

Today is Miss Cindy's 56th birthday. Yes, I robbed the cradle. When we started dating 17 years ago, she was the cutest little heifer you ever saw. Still is.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No varmints were relocated to the Green River Wildlife Management Area today. After yesterday's 1 raccoon 1 opossum tally, a bit of a let down as the game camera shows at least 2 smaller raccoons maybe one more in the feedway around 2 am. Gonna need more marshmellows.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
We have had 2 inches of rain so far last night and this morning. And could get a lot more, Scott, bring the Yaks.

And it is running diagonally SW to NE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts