Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning GGVG its 62 here in NC Ohio and real humid with a chance of shower. I'm up early cause the collage boy hustled me cut 12 trailer loads of brush from my little ponderosa, so in bed early last night. Hope all our friends South are doing well from the storm, rain. Need to help a friend move a washing machine today, I'm only driving the truck! Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
3,046 Posts
53° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies, it will only get up to about 62° for a high temperature for today. It will be sunny though with a light wind. We are supposed to get rain tonight and for the next couple of days..

Yesterday wasn't a hunting day for Rusty and I since his leg is still bothering him some. I got his micro chip registered and I hope it never has to be used but better safe than sorry. I did some computer work and i also mowed the lawn and mulched the leaves once again. Today will be a quiet day, church this morning and then just loll around this afternoon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 52 and cloudy, supposed to be 75 and really windy later.
Yesterday was a trip to Faribault. 3 garage sales and lunch. I bought a vintage Porter Cable sander.
Took the Remington 472 to the range but it shot a 4 inch pattern. Something wrong here.
I have to be at church today by 7:15 to run the video system for both services. I will need a nap afterwards.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Administrator
11,786 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a steamy 60 here in a tree in MD, just below the Mason dixon line. The storm is pushing humidity towards us, rain later for sure. That and the perfect moon phase equals deer movement. Saw a bunch on my way down, always a good sign. I think I got in without spooking anything. Hopefully get a birthday buck. Big 5-Oh today. Unbelievable. And happy birthday to Ken too. Not sure his age but it doesn't matter.😀

Not sure if Sue has anything planned. Think we'll smoke a couple small brisket flats today for dinner. I may hang a ladder stand for Lillie to use next week after I get down, If the rain holds off long enough.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 64 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Yep, rain again today, guess it was the right thing to take
Friday off and hunt since its rained all weekend. Didn't see any
while in the stand, figured they would be moving but boy I was wrong.
Looks like today will be a day of rest and eating...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

PS...Happy Birthday Charlie and Ken

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
65° here and they say we’re in for a bunch of rain today. Happy Birthday to Charlie And Ken. Finished up Mom’s new floor Friday evening. It looks nice and I’m sure glad it’s over. Went fishing yesterday morning but didn’t do much good. The highlight of the day was seeing one of Dad’s old friends out on the lake and had a good visit with him.
Cleaning out the car this morning and plan to spend the rest of the day downstairs reloading.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 66º and cloudy here headed for the upper 70's. It looks like the rain is past.

Got busy with chores early yesterday and just forgot to check in. Worked enough that I was tired and lazy yesterday evening.

Not much planned for today. More lazing around may be the order for the day. I need to fish out 40 or 50 more 223's to round out that 1000 that I'm planning to load. I culled a bunch out of that first batch for loose primer pockets. All of them were one headstamp, JS. Never heard of them but I had a bunch of them!

Happy Birthday to Ken and Happy Birthday and Good Luck to Charlie.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Great morning folks,
With an easterly breeze and partly cloudy sky, we have a 48° start to our Sunday here near HalfwayUSA.

The Greyfox crew got away from our pedestrian home about 8:30 & word of their arrival home safe was welcome news.

Debra Dearest & I went to load up some "firewood" some friends gave us. Turns out of the 5 trailer loads we hauled 4 are rotten soaked and useless. But we helped them out so there is that. I will wait until winter when the rotten stuff is frozen. Break it up more with the wood splitter and spread it out under the spruce trees. It can finish rotting there.:confused:

I put together a news letter for the gun club and that will go out in the Monday mail. A few things were gathered for the up coming trip to hunt elk in Wyoming.

Winterizing the big doublewide won't take long this morning. Time to get a couple big game rifles ready to do business too.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
morning all. Is 45 and windy, makes the house cold. Low to mid 70s I think for later.
Slept in this morning, Gwyn is on the left side of the state this morning with the Grands and their parents.
Happy birthday Charlie and Ken, hope you both have a great day.
Hauled calves home to be weaned yesterday, wasn't bad, no problems or wrecks.
Not sure what I'll do today, hope to get some rounds loaded up for the Shaw 250 savage.
Better get around and do my few chores before church time.
Have a great Lords' day and prayers for our country and those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Morning all, Rainy 65 headed to 70 for the high today. Heading to church in a few, grab a bite to eat afterwards, then home and in the shop reloading. Happy birthday to Charlie and Ken, hope it is a good one. We continue to clean out the freezer, and man it has been good, I found some elk steaks a buddy gave me a year ago, when he killed a elk and I helped him process it, we cut them up into cubes and made stew, dang good stuff. I found a pack of bear sausage and it will be for supper tommorow. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Kinda thin this morning so I will say GM from the sticks of Kentucky where we have had 1.8 inches rain so far. Warm and rainy.

Happy Bday folks, Charlie treat yourself to Messican.
The straggler foreign calf I put in the barn lot yday didn't stay long. Jumped one gate...smashed...went under another one.....damaged. Found out who he belongs to, may be a while before I can get him in a barn.

Otis caught a Possum last night. No bait in trap, just went in the den looking place and got stuck when the door slammed.

JB and Amish woman had a big day they went everywhere. Taxi...
Coyote George is herding Cats and he has a herd for a few days. 2 visitors.
Yall have a good day.

I managed to get a pull string on this thing yesterday. It has the assisted start thing which makes it complicated.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 62 in Indy heading for 79. Chance of rain late tonight. Did my usual Sunday routine starting at breakfast with the golfy grandson then hit the big rummage sale we call Rural King. Almost bought some .22lr but they have a 4 box limit and I’ve got more than I need now. Ammo is in very short supply unless you need 12 ga. 7 1/2 or 8 shot. Strolled through the tool and grocery aisles. Lots of stuff interested me but nothing got bought. The DAV was set up outside so I dropped a few bucks in his jar.
Drove through the Toyota store to see if they had any 2021 models in yet. Julie’s Nissan Rogue lease is up in March and I am interested in the rebirth of the Toyota Venza. She may not be.
Happy birthday to Charlie and Ken. Hope you have a good’n.
Good day all.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
68º with clouds and a few light showers. Looks like the rain is over for today. We arrived back home around 5:30 yesterday afternoon from most of the week with Scott & Deb, who are wonderful hosts and travel guides. Activities included bike rides, walks through a few parks, birding, black rifle surgery, good food and lots of great conversation. The fall color in central Michigan was fantastic and will be much remembered. Those three days rivaled last years trip to Yellowstone and exceeded the trip to Hawaii. If you discern that we had a good time you are correct. They even tolerated out two delinquent westies.

Can't do much outside today, but I have packages to assemble and some tax info to gather, so I'll stay busy. Happy Birthday to Charlie and Ken!Wish I had a Rural King locally to wander around in on Sunday, but it's not to be.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Administrator
1,714 Posts
Good morning from upper southwest Missouri, sunny 75* on the way to 84* here. Not much going to happen here with me. I ruptured a tendon in my right index finger, so my typeing is slow for me now. I still have closing use of the finger, in other words I can still pull a trigger, just can't open the finger out. If I pull my Glock out of the holster the trigger finger lands right on top (above along side of frame) of the trigger and falls right into place on it with no effort.
Happy Birthday to the birthday boys and hope that it is a great day for them. Prayers for this country and for all in need. God Bless

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Did you have any luck push starting that?
Ha! I'm sure most folks recognize that as part of a Chainsaw.
But you wouldn't recognize a chainsaw I'm sure. I just cut a Ranger load of wood off my Fence

1 - 16 of 16 Posts