Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
42° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 58° and be a sunny day. Yesterday wasn't a bad day weather wise but it was cold in the morning.

Rusty and I got out yesterday hunting but is has been a tough season for birds around here so far. Some areas there are birds and another area that is the same cover wise has none. I talked with a gentleman that raises setters and he told me the same thing. I had to meet a guy late in the afternoon that wanted to join the gun club and get his money. Today it will be church this morning and then I am going to have to mow and mulch my yard again this afternoon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 34 now, partially cloudy, high of 39. This looks like the forecast for the week. Summer really is gone.
Church this morning, I am in the sound booth again. Need to be there by 7:15. It makes for a long morning.
Yesterday was ok, fuel run in the morning then worked on tools sorting stuff all afternoon and into the evening. It was so gloomy outside that it felt good to be home and no pressure from must do something.
I hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Good morning gang. 47 here in NC Ohio going to maybe 65 under cloudy skies. Went to the lumber yard yesterday to get material for 4 more garden beds and 4 benches for Xmas presents. WOW sticker shock again, bill was $430 that will make the check book squeal!! Guess they can blame the co vid for all the price $#$#@$*&! Oh well what's an old fart to do. Happy to be alive too bit--!! Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 40 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Can't sleep in at all...lol woke up normal time.
Tucker got a small 8 yesterday morning. Got it cleaned and
quartered and put up to cool and they all went.to a corn maze.
I was.going hunting and started to leave the house and checked
the crossbow. Guess the last time I shot it, the string came.off the cams.
So no hunting for me. Got the arrow for shooting it just to let it down, heavy
solid fiberglass I think he said when he brought it over last year. Tucker is going
to see if the bow vice he has for compound boss will work on it today.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 39 here with a hint of frost this morning in the yard. I noticed my grass I planted last week has sprouted and turned green thru the straw. I think I timed that about right. The crossbow I sprayed got most of the weeds I sprayed too. Missed a few, so maybe need to load up the tank again. Not today. Have a gun drawing to work. Have to leave here about 9:30.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day hunting. Public land, but wasn't bothered by others. Saw a real nice buck pushing does around a bit in the morning and a few turkeys and deer in the evening. No bears. They are in there. Maybe tomorrow evening one will show?

Well I need my coffee and breakfast. Better get moving. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Good morning from a frosty Kentucky. Coyotes are on the move I am sure but haven't seen one since I shot at one a couple weeks ago...I hit a fence wire which deflected my bullet.

Yesterday I went to Tractor supply and bought an oil filter and oil for my cab tractor and JBs Toyota. Paid too much. I took her out to McD parking lot for lunch. Got it all changed without injuries.. We cut down hostas and fed them to Damcows later and that's about it for the day.

She is wearing her Convict hoodie that Skruske gave her....yeah. Rummage Sale. Looks like this load was mostly Tomato vines the little cherry red ones bout the size of a Nickle.
Temps are cool and breezy. I like Cool, but Breezy gets me sick every time.
Today I am working on my exhaust system of my CX 95 tractor. Something has came loose and I wired it up during hay season.
Y'all be safe today....its about time for the Orange Army to start flinging bullets at each other.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Morning all 56 headed to 69, loving this weather. Wife and I slept in this morning and church in a few, gave the deer a short break. Back at it this evening. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
morning all. 27 with upper 60s again and still DRY!
Northern part of the state is all on fire and people having to leave!
Got another tractor serviced yesterday and out of the shop, had to work on the FIL's water pump at his barn, needed a new pressure switch, Gwyn got one while she was in town, but couldn't get it to work. I found another one in the farm shop and finally got water for the goats and pigs.
WOW, woke up this morning and find out I'm another year older! Guess I'll just take it easy to day! Maybe shoot the Shaw 250 savage if the wind stays down.
Breakfast is waiting, have a great Lords' day, give Him praise and thanks for everything. Prayers for the country and the needy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Happy Birthday Dean from your Kentucky family. It beats the alternative.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 64º and cloudy here headed for the mid to upper 70's. It looks like those possible rain chances didn't materialize. Thats ok, the Farmers are in the middle of harvest and any rain would have cost them a few days.

Yesterday was a slow day at home. I tinkered around in the loading room until the Razorback game came on. They played pretty well and ended up beating Ole Miss 33 to 21.

Not much planned for today. I may blow the leaves out of the garage and move some stuff around but thats probably about all that I do. I may move a load of wood in while the weather is nice. I talk a lot about having a lazy day then I find something to do!

Happy Birthday to Dean. I hope you have a slow easy day.

Prayers offered for our Country and others in need.

You'all Have a good one.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
was 50º when I got up a little after six. Looks like mid 60's could be the high with clouds all day. Nothing of significance was done yesterday. Spent a good part of the morning packaging and getting stuff ready for FedEx and the mail on Monday, then made a trip to Sam's with tarcila in the afternoon. Spent a little porch time watching the few birds that were moving but the wind was too strong for them and wasn't pleasant for us either. Migration is just about over for the summer birds and the winter ones haven't arrived yet. Today might be some of the same. I'm at my desk getting ready for tomorrow. Might do a final fall grass cut and spray some weed killer. Fall color is getting better by the day. Happy Birthday Dean. JR does that woman of yours ever wear real shoes?

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Good morning from the house again....still no word on covid or not....I hope we find out today.
I messed around in the garage yesterday and annealed about 8-900 20vt cases. I might got out and tinker some more. I think I feel worse from being stuck at home than anything else. I already have my 204brass annealed so I'll maybe prime some cases. I need tondo a little load work on the 20vt since I just took a load a lot of other people were using and ran with it. I picked up 8lbs of a surplus powder that is supposed to be the same as AA1680 so I need to shoot some of it in a couple cartridges.

I was going to go out this morning looking for coyotes but it was raining a little and I went backn to bed.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Another HBD to Dean. Got out and finished mulching ash leaves yesterday, but the wind was killer. The temp was too cool and cut right through me. Then started with the maple leaves out back, to clean them up some, but many still on the trees.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Happy Birthday Dean.....hope it's a good one.
Lodge is about back to normal, wifey and I cooked breakfast for 9 this morning. Supposed to be more coming this evening. I'm going to have to hurry if I have time for my nap this afternoon....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts