Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20° under cloudy skies here in Upstate NY this morning, The wind is calm as it will be all day but the the high temperature will only get up to about 29°.

I had another calm peaceful day yesterday and did nothing much. I spent time in the gun room thinking more about what I want to do this year and to be honest I am getting use to taking it a little easier. I know this mood won't last forever or probably that much longer but I am going to enjoy it while I can.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 25 and cloudy. That's it today. Yesterday was some reloading for the 6.5 Swede and working on rifles. I started refinishing two stocks. I tried to stay away from the computer. It can be depressing.
Today, thankfully is the Lord's day and I will spend my time and energy on worship in church. I need to.
Good news, tomorrow the restaurants are able to reopen. I am looking forward to ham and eggs for breakfast.
I hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good mornin from the Mountain State, it's 18*. Weather man says lots of sunshine today and mid 40's, sounds good to me! Got Glade duty today, hopefully a quiet day, it was wild yesterday. Got to feed my critters and get ready for work. You all have a good and safe day in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio where it is 21.6 on the maple tree. Sun was real good yesterday suppose to shine again today. I've been thru the RK gun sight and the only thing I've seen is "Notify when in stock" no actual order now!!!!! I will be working on this some more. Only thing on my agenda is Praise for all the good the Lord has done and Prayers for all and country. Mike

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like low 20s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Seems like I may have slep better last nite. Did wake up but
only about half way awake...lol You boys stay warm and keep your
powder dry...hope you have a gooden and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
Good morning from pancake joint #1. It’s 26 heading for 36. Watched the granddancer’s performance yesterday on that www thing. Her solo gave me chills and big smiles.

Julie came home from the steel shoot wanting to get a membership to the place. It’s called ProTEQ. Just over an hour west of us. She eas the only shooter there not shooting a fimfire. Hint, hint! Her Nissan had to be jumped when she left there so she stopped at the dealership on the way home. They said it was just a corroded battery terminal, cleaned it for free. I was sure they’d at least sell her a battery.

Got brass in the tumbler though I’m not sure why. I’m knee deep in prepped 9mm brass already. Habit, I guess.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
morning all. 15 and calm... so far. Was cold and windy all day yesterday, but no snow fell or blew by either.
Worked in the shop some yesterday, got the used oil stove working like it should again. Save some on propane and use up alot of waste oil.
Worked on brass again, got more sorted and ran thru the tumbler. More to go today, also worked on the rifle stock some more.
Not feeling to great this morning so probably will stick close to home today, after chores and church on the couch again.
Have a great Lords' day and give Him praise and thanks for all we have and are. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Great morning folks,

Back to a normal gray sky with 26° and we may get above freezing for a little bit today here near HalfwayUSA. Yesterday was sunny nearly all day & the solar lights are stating to last all night again.

Christmas lights were taken down & either stored away or thrown out. After a quick check of the fuses on a string that won't illuminate, I toss 'em. I no longer care to take a meter & test 100 mini lightbulbs looking for those one or three that are burnt out. I'd rather buy new after the holidays when they are discounted at 75% off.

Yard chores got done & I burned off a couple boxed of old bank statement that belonged to my old hunting partner. I spent some relaxing time pulling on the Rock Chucker. It's almost embarrassing how much 9mm I have around here. While moving an engine in the barn I found another ice cream bucket of 9mm brass. Hopefully that is the last of it.

More Rock Chucking & I suppose the critter feeders will need to be refilled today.

·
Administrator
12,052 Posts
Good morning folks. It is 32 here with sunshine. Looks like today will be another beautiful day. Yesterday was gorgeous, although chilly. I brought in 4 wagon loads of wood. That'll last a good while. I'm into the third woodshed already. Lot of winter left. I wish I wouldn't have given ALL that wood away last spring.

I went hunting a bit in the afternoon. The owner was cutting up a dead ash in the field I have Lillie's stand in so I went back behind to another spot. As I was looking for a place to sit, I caught movement, so I sat down next to a tree in between 2 rocks. Two doe and a fawn worked down right to me. They were at 50 yards for a half hr. I left them for seed, hoping for a buck.

I snuck around a bit after they spooked and followed a deer out the hollow aways before it disappeared. Never could tell what it was. I did find a buck's bedding area and holy cow, I need to archery hunt in there. 50-60 rubs in a tiny little area and some were huge.

Well, I need to grab my coffee and make breakfast, then start butchering. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a brisk 21 degrees in Louisville, going to 38 today, with sun. We haven't had much sun at all lately, so this will be good.

Yesterday was an extra-lazy one for me. My only goals were to reload some .38 Special and work some more on my meat slicer. Instead, I spent most of the day in my recliner surfing the Net and watching TV. Miss Cindy barked at me a little around mid-afternoon, but since both of my to-do's were for myself, her bark had no bite.

Doug, your story about Julie being the only gal shooting a centerfire at that training session made me smile. When Cindy took her CCW class they were allowed to use any handgun, even rimfire. The instructor did tell them that a pistol would be a little better than a revolver because the live-fire test at the end had a time limit and reloading a 5- or 6-shooter several times might be a problem for new shooters. We decided early on that Cindy would shoot my Ru-Ru-Ruger MkII pistol, which has a Trashco red dot optic. We had several practice sessions and she got real good shooting at the distance that'd be used in the test (7 yards?). I think most of the other 12-15 shooters were using 9mm or .380 autos, maybe a few .45s. When the live-fire horn sounded for the test, Cindy easily put the required number of rounds in center mass, then I told her to switch to noggin shots, knowing she could do it. After the fourth or fifth shot clustered up tight on the target's head, at least 3 or 4 shooters on either side of Cindy just stopped and watched. Being mostly newbie shooters, they couldn't tell what caliber Cindy was shooting, but they certainly could see that she was tearing up that cardboard perp's head. When they finished, Cindy had a huge grin on her face. I'm sure you are equally pleased that Julie is so proficient with her 9 that she felt confident using it at the shoot yesterday.

Y'all have a good Lord's Day and be safe out there.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Howdy varmints...little dusting of snow this morning. Sold a couple of barrels yesterday and need to take pictures of another that had about 3 interested in it. I thought I had a little stash of 9mm brass, but closer inspection yesterday showed a lot of them were 380. Neighbor came by and he reloads 380, so I sorted them off and gave them to him.
Now my little stash of 9mm brass is down to about 200-250. If any of you boys have some for sale, would be interested in a few.
Having a birthday bash after church today. Neighbor lady turning 90. I always tell her at church that she's the meanest woman in the county....LOL.
Prayers for our Country and all Y'all

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 30º and cloudy here and won't get out of the 30's. The wind has eased up some, its about 7 out of the NW.

Yesterday me and my running buddy went to look at some equipment that will be auctioned off in a couple of weeks. They had a nice looking bat wing mower but its more than my tractor can handle. The rest of the day was spent being lazy and keeping a fire going for the Wife and the Kitty.

Not much planned for today. I have some brass to mess with if I feel like it. Probably play on the computer and be lazy. Oh yeah, the Wife will be wanting a fire so I'll be toting wood in after while.

Prayers offered for those fighting the Covid, for our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Yesterday we did a bunch of shooting off the benches back of the house. It felt good and a good time was had by a couple buds and I. Burgers afterward went well too. We remembered how to eat without practicing.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Well good mid morning from Otis's house where it is 30° and daylight. Could be worse.
I drove the fields after I fed the cats and jumped up a Coyote in the neighbors field. He was lying flat....hoping I would go away, but when I got too close he took off. I slung some Bullets after him hoping unsuccessfully to get Lucky but No.
No plans for today except feed the other cows and see if JB wants to get a parking lot Box Pizza in town.

I don't follow UK basketball but a lot of folks are really big fans. They have been staying in the dressing room while the National Anthem was played, but Yesterday at an away game Flordia??. They ALL took a Knee including coach Calipari who is a strong liberal anyway
everyone knows this I suppose.

Like I say, I don't watch them anyway but it seems This is very disrespectful.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Morning all, 31 headed to 41 today. Not much planned, church on the computer, and dont know what else, maybe go see a friend who is staying home too. I know a bunch of folks around here are very worried about the future of our country. Here is some disturbing things I have verified on the net by searching.
Italy gave proof of how the election was rigged, and presented it with sworn affidavit's on Thursday, to the powers that be, and we have heard squat about it.
Chinese are buying up large ranches/farms out west. A guy I know in Oklahoma, said 4 Ranchers in his county, had sold their ranches, for twice what it was worth, to realtors who were acting as purchase agents for Chinese clients.
All the biggest pork producing companies, and processing plants in the USA are now owned by China. Also they bought General Electric recently. General electric does a ton of contract work on stuff for our military, worried yet?
This is just a few things that are going on, seems the brakes are out and we are headed down hill, 90 mph. Christians and churches, worshipping places of any faith are being attacked on a large scale, and nothing is being reported about it. I fear we as Christians will suffer more than a lot of others in the time to come. Prayers for our country and those that need them on the board,Buff out.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
JR...I was always a big fan of'em. Even went and watched a few home games.
At the first of the year, coach came out and said everybody needed to support
the poor crowd and give into all their demands or something like that, well, I said piss on'em.
Ain't watched or kelp up with none of them this year, and ain;t missed it 1 bit.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
JR I wrote UK sports of when the started supporting BLM, and have not watched a game since, nor ever will again. Gives me more time to load ammo.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
31º and cloudy in the hollow, probably won't get out of the 30's today. I have things to do but most are small and not stuff I would really care to be doing. Just tedious day to day junk. Yesterday was much the same with a bunch of small errands and such. There is another thread about reloading components. I have found that if you can physically go to one of the larger outlets, some will let you place a back order at the counter that you could not online or over the phone. Midsouth is one of these. I've been able to resupply my stock. It just takes a little time. They get powder and primers in all the time, but it leaves as quickly as it came. If you have a back order it, you get called. I'm displeased with the current political situation, but I don't see much of anything I can personally do at this time. Seems about all I can do is to educate myself with reading and listening.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
12,711 Posts
Good morning GGVG ...scope change going down later...ffl re-file and tax papers on the agenda as well....Uall have a great day

·
Administrator
1,758 Posts
I have not watched a game since they started either taking a knee or staying in the dressing room. That is both college or pro. I was very much a fan of nascar, but when they started taking a knee or playing the blm national anthem I quit watching them also. It does give me more time to load ammo.

I have bought my last General Motors product. I have driven Chevys for around 55 years, but now that china owns controlling interest in GM I will never own a chevy again. I would not own one now except I bought it just before the announcement of the purchase by china, and I just can't afford to trade it of this soon. I already own a Toyota car, and probably will get a Toyota truck next time. At least I know they are made in America and all the parts are made either here or in Japan.
If I knew just which products where owned by china I would not by anything from general electric companies, but they are so spread out and own so much it is hard to not buy any products by them. Well I will get off my soapbox now.

You-all have a great Lords day, and prayers for all in need and also this great country of ours that the commies are trying to destroy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts