Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67° here in Upstate NY this morning, we have clear skies with the stars out, the high temperature for tody will be getting up to about 88°. We are going to have a light breeeze today under sunny skies. It will be hot but nice.

I didn't do a heck of a lot yesterday, I had to be on the road for a bit in the morning but then I just loafed the rest of the day mostly. Today no church, my stomach for whatever reason was bothering me all night and I didn't sleep well at all. I am planning on not doing much of anything today, I might go gas up the car so if I decide to go fishiing tomorrow morning.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio our weather is similar to George's. The good thing from yesterday was two less ground hogs to deal with around here. The little Ruger 77/22 spoke again. Time for a cup of joe and get the work done early. Give Praise be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm up and going earlier than needed again today for some reason. Slow fishing yesterday but did bring home enough for a meal or 2. Today it's off the to the gun club for 5 stand sporting clays. Gotta get there early to set up; had the alarm set for 5:20 but started rolling around trying to get back to sleep at 4:15! Hate it when that happens.......
Like George, it's going to be a hot and humid one around here so the AC will be welcome once I get back from the club.
Careful of the heat out there folks; I'm starting to realize it's not as easy to take as I get older. Have to be smart about staying hydrated and not over-doing it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's another hot day, 73 and clear, 95 and windy later. I was busy all day yesterday, accomplished?? I managed to get two tumblers running and cleaning bullets and leaded rounds that habeen wet years ago.
Church today, sound board duty. Rest this afternoon.
77 years ago, that seems like a long time, where did time go?
The Longest Day.
Hope everyone has a blessed day and enjoy the freedom they gave us.
Ken

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 68 here right now, but not for long. Going to 90s today. Yesterday was the same. We were outside all day at the gun drawing. Luckily under a tent and there was a breeze most of the day. A lot of others were out in the sun getting beet red. We had a good day. They did 40 gun bowls. We made $39k for the store. It was a long day. Got back home at 8:30 pm after dropping guns off and grabbing a bite to eat.

Today we head to my daughter's to take some stuff for the baby's room. I need to do some perk testing for the new garage and we may rip off the old rotten deck. Another busy one ahead.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like its 67 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I got Melissa's dad's waterline rerouted yesterday and the well pump control box
moved so it was easier for him to check on it. It was a job i had dreaded for awhile...lol
It went as good as a plumbing job could have went. Way easier than it could have been.
Made it back home and got a few 308s ready to load and took the rest of the day to be
lazy. Looks like its going to be too hot to do much outside today so I might take it easy...
well...forgot I've got to put a new door knob on the carport door today, the inside knob came off
in Melissa's hand yesterday and its not fixable. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Hi ho Boardies. Yesterday was low humidity. The day before I felt it. You're very correct CTKen - feel it sooner and the effects linget.
longer. I turned the ac on in the shop, 75°.
The boss is ready so off to church we go...

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
We had a great time yesterday at the Southern Michigan Gun Club matches. In the morning matches I had the best time, winning the morning with a 250 target in the process. In the afternoon, a couple guys caught me but I fought tough. Just wait till next month.
In a couple weeks I’ll go to Harrison for the centerfire 100 yard match.
It’s 71 degrees here with a forecast high of 88 awaiting us. I wait with bated breath.
The door knob incident reminds me of a joke used by Nipsie Russell but it’s racist so I won’t use it here.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Good rainy NO HAY morning from the sticks of Kentucky.
I could definitely use a day off after problems yesterday took a lot out of me and I don't have anything to spare.
Finally I did get 21 Rolls balled up late in the evening. Too green but it's done. Now the other projected 75 are WET and its looking rainy for 7 days.

I talked to the Skruske yesterday for a few minutes while he was enroute to a party? Or something.
The old Tractor needs to come to Kentucky.

My middle son with the UK coach think his name is Rick Pitino.

He was at ft Knox for a speakin.
Skruske's buddy Rick is coming over sometime today to check the brakes on the Nissan truck.
I have chores to do so I better git.
Congratulations to Francisco on his Shooting yesterday.
Yall be safe on the Highways....6 KIA in a wrong way crash on I 75 yday in Lexington 104 mm.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
morning all. was 43 this morning, on our way to the low 80s. Possible shower this afternoon, yesterdays' shower was just hard wind and dirt blowing.
Worked on the big blue tractor for a bit in the morning then sprinklers the rest of the day.
One has been giving me problems all week, but it ran all night so.... maybe it will stay running.
Breakfast is waiting, chores are done and church coming up, again in the living room.
Have a blessed Lords' day, prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
782 Posts
Won two more TBall games yesterday, so we get to go back this afternoon.....Oh Yeah....LOL.
They made it back to Amarillo for the rodeo last night. they moved into first place after the first event, but took a no-time in wld cow milking when runner fell and spilled the milk before got to the timer’s circle....???? He didn’t say who runner was....LOL. Didn’t finish in the top 3. Hard to make up for a no-time in one event.
Off to church and ball games. Try to get back in time to get some stuff together for the PD trip, leaving Tuesday. Son has to be in Raton, NM Wednesday AM to take test to renew NM guide license. Tractor repairman just called and said parts are in the dealership so guess I will make a run in the morning for them, so he can fix tractor Monday PM.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Morning all, a rainy 73 with a hi of 76 today. Got out and shot with a buddy yesterday evening, got too hot. My right leg swelled up, looked like a I had a doughnut around my ankle. This morning my leg is red and inflamed, had to start some meds, keep it elevated all day. Feels like it weighs #200. I guess I will sit and watch it rain today. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 72 in Louisville, cloudy and only going to 80. I'm good with that.

Planted the last of my mater seedlings yesterday, two pumpkin plants, and some flowers. A whole week of partly cloudy and rainy should be perfect for giving them a good start. I took some advice from M(ikey)PC and ordered some 5-gal "grow pots" made with woven fabric. It's my first time trying these, so we'll see. I filled the bags with straight potting soil, so I have a feeling they're going to take almost daily watering. This one is sitting on top of a paver row, but the others are sitting on the ground.

While at my daughter's yesterday, she gave me an early gift for my birthday, which is tomorrow. It's sure not as boring as socks, underwear, or another tie, you've gotta give it that. Take special note of the gold-plated .45 and the pussy-cat. I figure the only way I can put this thing in my garden is to come up with a really good background story. I figure this gnome was part of some ultra-feared military unit, kind of like the French Foreign Legion. I'd declare him a member of the French Fairy Legion, except he does have that pussy-cat up against his crotch. Clearly the gnome has some things in common with Otis the Cat, right? Ha! For sure I'm gonna have Miss Cindy take a paint marker and put MAGA on this guy's hat.

That's all I have for today, but I reckon it's enough. Yall have a good day, be safe, and pray for our friends and our nation.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Good morning everyone....sitting here at the house trying to get some stuff done before we leave on Wednesday for Nevada. Hopefully no one calls needing stuff done today.
Mikey my aunt used some of those Amazon grow bags last year and had plants about 5 or 6 feet tall and spitting tomatoes out everywhere. They seem to work very well.
Well guess I better get to doing what I need to get done.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Morning Folks!

Its 73º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's with rain chances in the afternoon.

Yesterdays Crawfish Boil went well and was fun. I invite 5 of my oldest friends and their Spouses and my BIL does about the same. It threatened rain all afternoon so we had it under his carport. We stayed dry, the temps were pleasant and it was good to sit around and visit with old friends.

The oldest Grandson has a ballgame this morning so we'll be heading to the ballpark shortly. We stay about as busy as Mr Bruce does with the Grandkids sports, minus the Rodeo. Its fun and we enjoy it but we're also glad when the season ends!

Not much else planned for today. The Grandson's schedule for the day depends on them winning or loosing, whether they play one game or two, and what time the 2nd game will be.

Well, thats about it. Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mike, thats supposed to be a artic fox or it was when I posed for the pic
Got a creek in my neck doing that as it took a few tries to get it right...
Paid good but the unicorn was hard to stay on.

Underdog

PS...by the aay...that's a RUGER in my hand

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
You guys are all too busy. I can join you on the sitting around and visiting. Jan has me heating up a ham on the “Egg look alike bar-be-que“. She doesn’t want to heat up the kitchen with the kitchen oven. What the heck, we got rid of the old wood burning stove and oven a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Good late morning all,
Upper 70's with very high humidity in the hollow this morning. Tarcila and I just finished loading a bedroom suite to take to my son and both of us were soaked with sweat. Ran a UBR match yesterday at Dry Branch. We had a low turnout for several reasons but the conditions were as good as we've seen in a couple of years. Some good scores were posted. Busy week ahead with a day of route, visit to the John Deere dealership 50 miles away and a couple of Dr visits. I guess that's what you do when you get old. After the trip to my son's I intend to cut some grass. Being gone for a week plus the other stuff has it needing a trim badly. Might need to make some hay balls.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts