Varmint Hunters Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Temperature is hot here today. It’s been a hot, long, busy week complete with flat tires, broken axles, long hours at work and more work at home. Why couldn’t I have been born rich instead of good-looking ? All in all, things aren’t too bad. These minor setbacks are just getting in the way of my reloading, shooting, and fishing. Scott , there was a time when I would have considered driving to Michigan for that tractor. It looks like it has nearly $1,000 worth of tires on it. Mike, those tomato will pay big dividends in a month or so.
+1 on the Stabil. Since I started using it every time I fill my cans up, a lot of my frustrations have gone away.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Great afternoon folks,

CLEAR sky with 90° and a little breeze here near HalfwayUSA.

Deb & I have been out of the house and back already. We took 'brunch' to some friends. He is a commercial bee keeper & she is becoming famous for restoring a Victorian 3 story house. Well about 3 weeks ago he had a massive & debilitating heart attack on his way back to Michigan. He was trucking bees from Texas & fell ill in southern Indiana. Emergency heart cath surgery that day and emergency surgery the very next day. Doctors told him he's fortunate to have survived the first procedure & a miracle to have lived through the second. He is just 55 years old & looks pretty rough yet while recovering at home. He'll be in phys rehab 3 days a week to rebuild himself for most of the summer.

In a few minutes we are headed to a nephew's birthday party.

I kinda doubt much will get done around here afterward.

If y'all want to wrestle over that tractor have at it. From the northern Blue Grass you can get to aunt & uncle's place in about 6 hours. I'll have a cold one waiting if you want to look over the tractor. :D

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
KF, don't know the brand, but my wife has been using grow bags for years, at least 5 or 6. She has used tomatoes, eggplants, green beans, zucchini, peas and miscellaneous flowers. The Miracle Grow potting soil is good stuff also. Started using them after we had a raised bed planter rot out. She lines them along the edge of our pavers, so they can get hit with the sprinkler, which also gets the flowerbed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts