Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
This link takes you to Accurate Arms surplus powder page, click on a powder for additional information and it will tell you who is selling it.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/datapowder.htm

Here is one I've used with extremely good results, unfortunately the word got out, it has sold out and isn't available anymore.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I shoot alot of these powders, but befor you order any you should know that there is no real accurate data for these powders and the burn rate changes alittle with every different lot. They work as well as canister powders, but you have to start low and work up you loads and know what to watch for concerning presure signs. They can really cheapen your loading cost, but when buying I would recomand buying in large quanitys so you don`t have to work up a new load acouple times a year.

·
Registered
785 Posts
WC844 and WC846

Pat's Reloading is the only source I know of for WC844 and 846, all the other usual sources pretty much have everything but these 2. I bought 32lbs and in discussing it with them it seems they happened to be in the right place at the right time and made a large buy. Also they're working their arse's off as fast as they can to package and ship it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surplus powders

Thanks to all for the info,I think I'll try some WC844. It loos like it should work in my222 Rem Mag as well as my 6BR. This should help uncomplicate things for PD hunting. Keith

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I can't tell you about the 6br, but I've been shooting wc844 in my Cooper 222 Rem Mag for the last five years. No complaints, just about time to start thinking about more....good stuff. I have found it to be very consistent using H335 data, same with wc846 & BLC-2 data.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.