Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Probably 5+ years ago I ended up selling off all my T/C stuff except for a Encore action with a crack in the hammer spur. One of these days I need to get around to sending that back to the factory and get it fixed :D

Back then when I kept up w/ such things, it seemed like there was at least a handful of places that offered custom barrels, stock, and other accessories for the T/C single shots, as well as dedicated email lists and forums. Nowadays... I'm having finding much beyond Bullberry Barrels in Hurricane UT, and boy have the prices gone up!

What am I missing out there, or is the T/C market just that 'dead' anymore?

Thanks,

Monte

·
Registered
39 Posts
Some new, some old

for barrels...
the TC Custom Shop is still in business
Bullberry
SSK
VVCG sort of turned into MGM
OTT is new
Coyote Guns is new
Dave Van Horn is still in business
Bellm is not doing barrels as far as I know but is making some other parts
Is David White still doing TC barrels?
and probably more but I can't think of them at the moment

There must be a couple of dozen or more making stocks and grips.

I think there are more custom TC vendors than any time in the 20 years that I have been messing with them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes,... different handful

Ed's Contenders still sells the range of material, factory, custom, etc. eabco.com has the custom shop service, I think. Mike Bellm, bellmtcs.com, still criticizes the factory shortcuts and offers "therapy" for the especially concerned. I think Virgin Valley "went under." And Grafs.com has barrels from Spain, I believe (Berrgara) ??? I do find that these folks are not particularly concerned with inet marketing, so you got to ask. I am sure there are more and I might remember then in time. Memory is thinning with my hair. (ha, ha) Happy trails. Happy Holidays. luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pointers! I figured I need to get that action sent off for repair (it's in one of these boxes here somewhere, been thru two house moves) unless hammer replacement is easy enough that it can be done at home w/ a reasonable amount of tools? At any rate, I want to get a set of semi-finished stocks and a nice fluted medium varmint contour rifle barrel in .22-250AI like I always wanted and make a serious coyote thumper out of it ;)

Wish I could use it as a pistol, but an elbow injury makes absorbing the recoil from a rifle cartridge (even a little one like a .223) pretty uncomfortable come the next morning. Might have to experiment w/ *heavy* pistol barrels and a brake; previous experience was when the joint was still kinda tender and with a factory Super 14 .223 Rem barrel in a Contender

Thanks,

Monte

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
On my website I have many links to T/C products, one of them may be what you are looking for.

You mentioned the cracked hammer on your Encore frame. If you do send it back to the factory ask them to put the new style hammer on it, it is a swing type hammer where you can have it slightly canted to the left or right to make it easier for you to pull the hammer back due to scope or gloves being in the way.

The online home of "Gary in NH"

BTW, this is my first time trying to post a link on the new forum, hope it works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts