Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Guys!
Hey is there anyone on here that has or heard anything about this stainless steel Taurus Tracker model 17 17HMR revolver ?

I am thinking about maybe getting one.
My buddy with the FFL's told me $365 out the door for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
My thoughts..

I've got one and really like it. A real pussy cat to shoot. The only drawn back is the weight of the pistol compared to the recoil generated from such minuscule cartridge. The 6" 'Tracker' is the only Taurus to have.

If you're not in a hurry I think Ruger is fixin to reintroduce their SS Blackhawk Convertible in 17M2/17HMR! Now get that is a 6.5" barrel and you've got the best of both worlds. I did here (hear say only) that the 17M2 may be discontinued?

My personal desire would be a Tauras Tracker Total Titanium 6.5" in both!!!

Hope this helps,
Tom (AceBall) Mac

·
Registered
23 Posts
Taurus Tracker in .17 hmr

I have two One in Stainless and the other in Blue I just bought new from a closiing gun shop last saturday, They both shoot fantastic in fact I am gonna scope the blue one to use for squirrel hunting and long range plinking, both these guns seem to prefer the Hornday vmax pills the best. Randy

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randy can I ask what you paid for the stainless one ?

MY buddy with the ffl told me $365 out the door and I just wanted to see if thats a fair price on a stainless.
I may wait and see if they offer one in Titanium.

·
Registered
954 Posts
17 Hmr

I have a plain model 17 blued 5 inch not a tracker. I attached a B square mount on it and a small projection red dot. It is a hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Certainly, Rick

Two years ago I bought it for my son on his birthday, It was used the owner of the gun shop sold it and told me it was the original that traded it back in because it wasnd`t the caliber he thought it should be , not even a box of shells down the tube. I gave 300.00 for it and had the original bill of sale and the box with all the paper work. The blue version I got saturday I gave 240.00 Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts