Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conservative Rocker Ted Nugent on Hunting:

Nugent, an avid hunter, was being interviewed by a French journalist.
The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the mind of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, "Are you my friend?" or is it "Are you the one who killed my brother?"

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think a lot of what TN says is just creepy, but I do like some of his one-liners. Another good one (probably paraphrased) goes, "My views on hunting involve a quick kill followed by garlic butter."

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good old Ted....

Good old Ted does it again. My, he is quick on his feet. I Laughted really good on this one !!!!:D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Gotta Love "Uncle Ted"

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've lost alot of respect for Ted......

..... back in my teenage years (mid 80's), I used to think the Motor City Madman was the coolest dude around. He didn't do drugs, played a mean guitar, and professed his love for the sport of bow hunting.

As the years have passed, I now believe TN is his own worst enemy primarily due to his often verbalized extremist views. Ted tries to make himself look like the good-guy, by putting other people down and mocking them. Essentially if you are not Pro-Republican, 110% supportive of GWB, and a die-hard hunter, then The Nuge will likely ridicule or scorn your person and views.

I also find it rather hypocritical of Ted's outspoken support for the war in Iraq and his "pro-military" attitude. This coming from someone who literally defecated all over himself which led to deferment and his postponement of military service during the Vietman years.

My loss of respect for TN was further witnessed in person during a concert in Biloxi, MS in August 2004. My uncle (Vietman Vet) and I had 3rd row tickets as I wanted to hear old-school classics such as: Cat Scratch Fever, Wang Dang.... , Great White Buffalo, Fred Bear, Stranglehold, Free for All, Dog eat Dog, etc......

Instead, old Ted decides to drop the F-bomb at least 25 times throughout the 1 hr. 15 min. concert. To make matters worse, this moron decides to talk about how much he hates N*ggers and would love to go back to the Days of Confederacy when it was cool to own slaves ! Ted repeated ... "F*ckin' N*ggers" ... 5 or 6 times after one set almost as if he was egging on the crowd. This dude did not care one bit what he said and how many times he said it. Besides the fact that there were several African American cocktail waitresses walking around during the concert serving patrons. Pretty much the entire crowd of 2,500 concert-goers were in as much shock as I of TN's extreme racist remarks. I'm still amazed of what I heard out of Ted's mouth that night and surprised he was not arrested for the repeated morally crude comments.

TN puts up a good smoke screen behind the camera bowhunting at "Sunrise Safari's" ; however his character and credibilty are a trifling matter as far as I'm concerned.

CB <*)))>{

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Conservative Rocker Ted Nugent on Hunting:

Nugent, an avid hunter, was being interviewed by a French journalist.
The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the mind of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, "Are you my friend?" or is it "Are you the one who killed my brother?"

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."
According to Snopes, the person conducting the interview was a Brit. However, the quote referred to is actually better than the internet version quoted here.

Gotta love ol Ted!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/nugent.asp

P.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blake you need to quit talking out both sides of your mouth. You went to see a man who will freely admit that his entire life revolves around women and hunting. You bought tickets to hear classic Ted songs like "Wango Tango" and Wang Dang Sweet Poon Tang" but want to get all offended when Ted drops a few F bombs. Do I have to tell you what "Cat Scratch Fever" is really about? Get off your high horse man.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Little ears,

you missed my point entirely but read it however YOU want. I said how I lost respect for him because of his actions and racist remarks. This has nothing to do with his passion for hunting, music, or lyrics to Cat Scratch Fever.

TN is a pro-war activist yet he purposely dodged the draft. Many Viet vets who know the truth behind TN's deferment have labelled him as a "chicken hawk" and a coward. I supposeTed is the one talking out both sides of his mouth.

No Ears, perhaps you too think slavery is cool and it's Ok to scream "F'n N*ggers" in public. Go right ahead as you'll likley be buried in a pine box if you scream it to loud in the wrong part of town. Your parents and TN taught you well. :rolleyes:

CB <*)))>{

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ahhh sanctimony at it's finest and you can name call to boot. Impressive Blake. I'm not going to be put in the position of defending TN. I know nothing of him other than some of his music. Never even viewed his hunting shows. I commented on your being offended at hearing the F word at a rock concert where 3/4 of the songs will concern female genitalia. I've got to leave for work now, but if you'd care to continue this please PM me and I'll get back with you when I get home. In the future, I'd strongly suggest that you leave my parents or any other members of my family out of the converstaion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts