Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
depends.....

depending on what you bought would dictate to me how to drink it. If it's Jose then mixed with anything of your choice, if it's something like the blue bottle Cabo Wabo then just pour straight into an iced tea glass and enjoy with a meal or with great friends.

Harris

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
If you want a mixed drink rather than straight, your really need to make a marguarita from scratch. It will make the premixed variety become the joke they are. 3 parts tequila, 1 part Cointeau or Triple Sec, 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice. It helps to refrigerate the ingredients so they don't get diluted by ice so quickly. Enjoy! Be careful standing up after a couple/few of these.

Another nice one is the Tequila Sunrise: tequila, orange juice and grenadine syrup.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Point of impact

Through exhaustive research, I have come to one important conclusion. The amount of money one spends on tequila is directly proportional to one's ability to drink it straight. I like tequila, usually in the form of margaritas, but a word or two of caution is in order.

1. It can make you muy intelligente. (more a caution to your companions)

2. "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila..........floor!

Your point of impact, while repeatable, may change!

Feliz Navidad

·
Registered
11 Posts
quite popular one..

the stunt man drink.

1 shot of tequilla
1 quartered lime
salt

you take the shot, then SQUEEZE the lime juice in your eye and then snort the salt as fast as you can! then you cant even taste the tequilla! :D

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Keep it under the sink to use to unplug stopped drains!! :D :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
makes a good

good substitute for lighter fluid too....as I found out one VERY cold evening in the mountains of Colorado while elk hunting several years ago...then that's another story too....LOL

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Mr Roberts beat me to it!

Look out floor here we come...again:D Alaways ben a Southern Comfort on the rocks guy but have yet to turn down a shot of Takillya.The bad part is half my crew at the old job,30 guys drank tequilla
and Corona.Corona aint fit for a horse and should never be mixed with the good stuff!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
I am a huge fan of tequila, 100% Blue Agave, Distilled and Bottled in Jalisco Mexico preferably. I prefer premium white, with no training wheels [salt/lime]. Straight up, sipped after a good meal as suggested already, especially with a good cigar.
Anything not marked 100% Blue Agave is more than likely blended tequila like Jose Cuervo Silver/Gold and the like. When at the liquor store finding one bottled in Jalisco, Mexico with a cork is a good sign. Then just find one to your liking.
Don't confuse tequila with Mezcal, the one with the worm. Mezcal is made from Green Agave cactus and is a cousin to tequila. Mezcal is roasted in coal and pressed with the charcoal still on the heart of the plant and has a much heavier flavor and sometimes too much for my taste.

My favorite brands are
El Tesoro
Corazon
Cabo Wabo
Lapiz
Pura Sangre
Arette
Gran Centenario
El Jimador

Enjoy
Ken

·
Registered
365 Posts
I like tequila and grapefruit juice, but you have to like grapefruit juice.

A good, classic marguerita is hard to beat. See the recipe above, do NOT use one of the bottle Marguerita Mixes. Yuckypoopoo.

I've enjoyed a Bloody Maria (tequila replacing the vodka) to good effect.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My favorite brands are
El Tesoro
Corazon
Cabo Wabo
Lapiz
Pura Sangre
Arette
Gran Centenario
El Jimador

Enjoy
Ken
Since this was topic was brought up and it's past noon here in MI. I have decided to enjoy a couple sips of some Patron Reposado. One point that was brought up was that the money spent is truely related to the requirement of chaser/mix. This don't get no chaser or mix. CHEERS and Merry Christmas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts