Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving All. Mulched up leaves yesterday. Temperature wasn't too bad, but the 20+mph winds about froze my rear off. When done, I came in and took a nap to warm up. Still feels like I have a touch of a cold today.

Small meal today here for the two of us. Got invited to a friends house for dessert and will go there later. NOt much else on the agenda for today.

Please safe, COVID seems to be spiking in many places again.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
morning all, 50 and dropping with rain all day. Wife has the turkey in the oven, smells great. She made pumpkin an cues-haw squash pie last night, I beleive the later will be the best. I am peeling potatoes to boil and mash, gravy is slowly simmering on the stove, cranberry sauce is chilling, and dressing is about done. We all have so much to be thankful for in this country today, that all can change so much in the next year. You all have a good one, prayers for those in need, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
I told Tony to sit in my stand this morning since it was raining pretty hard. I got this about 8 am.
Terrestrial animal Whiskers Snout Plant Twig

He said it bedded down 200 yards from him in the pouring down rain. The rain let up and 2 does came out and the buck finally stood up. After he dropped it a few minutes later a bigger buck came off the river and stomped at the dead buck the wondered off with the does.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good morning, gentlemen. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

It's raining here in Washington State. Heavy rains are forecast for this evening. Hopefully everyone will get to their destinations before it gets bad.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Drizzling rain all morning here. My oldest son is up a tree somewhere, the younger one is probably still asleep. He works night shift and lives on a different schedule than everyone else but they will both be here today. Loaded up another 500 9mm this morning.

View attachment 28426 .
We are all still alive....so we have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day. I hear the WOKE people want to eliminate it and make it "Oppressed Persons day." Sicknening.
In keeping with the true spirit of Thanksgiving JR, I think I’m gonna invite my Native American neighbors down for supper, give them some whiskey and tobacco, then trade them out of all of their primers.
Food Table Furniture Wood Ingredient

Company will be here in a couple hours. Better go get cleaned up, put on some decent clothes and sharpen my teeth.
Prayer offered to Doug’s family and others. Try to make it a good day For someone.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Good late morning, GoGo. I'm in Paducah, Central Time Zone, so noon is still 15 minutes off. Rain came through early and ended about 9 or 10. Temp is 51, going to 53. Don't know that we'll have sun, but at least the clouds will move out this afternoon.

Cindy and I are at my nephew's house, just chilling. The big gathering today is at a distant relative's and they'll have maybe 25 or so. Smaller meal here tonight, so we opted to just hang out and do the small meal. Hope it doesn't piss anyone off, and don't think it will. If anyone asks, I'll just tell 'em we're unvaccinated and didn't want to take a chance.

Doug, I like your idea of where to trade for some more primers! :D

My 42-year-old daughter dropped dead July 6 of an undiagnosed heart problem, so I'm having to dig deep in terms of saying thanks. In her case, I'm glad she didn't recover enough to be in a permanent coma. I'm also glad she got her life turned around 12-14 years ago and had a good job where she made a real difference and was appreciated. I won't draw a Social Security check until early February, but I'm thankful I've lived long enough to retire and start taking it easy. Lots of guys don't make it that far. And, as others have mentioned, I'm glad to have made so many friends at the Somerset (KY) shoots, the Prairie Dog Safaris, and here on the GoGo board. We tease one another a lot here, and toes may be stepped on a bit every now and then, but it's been a long, long time since I can recall anything that caused anyone to walk away. I appreciate you guys.

Everyone have a good rest of the day, be safe, and be sure today to thank the Good Lord for our many blessings.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Started out at 36° and calling for 55° later. Partly cloudy, for here this time of year that is great weather.

Home253 where in WA are you? I grew up in Bellingham. It sure looked nasty up there after our last storm. I migrated down to Salem OR in the 70s after a stint in PA.

Headed to my son in laws family for Thanksgiving. His mom and my wife are both grade school teachers. My daughter married into a large family with roots in the farm community. It should be a good time. I can not think of one person in the group that is going to be difficult.
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts