Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dasher Dome

You're lookin good !!! I still like the right fron corner in the shade. John Kruzan

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dasher Dome

Judy says it looks like a nice place to have a picnic. I'll fire up the Big Green Egg and do Tenderloins and veggies at the inauguration. John Kruzan

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
heck dog get your buddy with the heavy equipment to go haed with digging pit's at 600 yard line ! IBS by the end of the year ! it only takes 5 benchs to make a IBS legal range ! and only 2 or 3 shooters !

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Since I'm getting out of rifle shooting, I would just like to be there to watch the auditions for the ladies mud pit wrestlers. That would have to be more fun than a silly ole rifle. LDS

·
Registered
665 Posts
Little piece of heaven right there! :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Man what a place to swap lies and tell taller tales. That is looking way better than you had described you wanted it built. I like this version a whole lot better, looks great birdog!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Looks like you have a guy that knows construction. Rarely will you see a framer use a lateral on the roof framing or use roof rack control at the frame stage. Can't wait to see how he addresses the rack control at the posts. If you get much in the way of wind there even if it's rarely, you probably need to install ridge vents to keep the lift from high winds making it act like a wing and taking off for parts unknown. Lookin' good!

·
Registered
122 Posts
good idea

i think ridge vents would be great maby even some whirrley birds and even venting the gable ends of the building would help if whirley birds seam to help i see if vol doc will let me install some on moon shine air flow helps keep it cooler and helps as far as hi winds

·
Registered
785 Posts
very nice

You set something like that up in Southeren Oklahoma, come back in a couple of weeks it will be covered up with 3/8 CDX and someone will be living in it. :D

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Looking Good Randy

That is gonna be one nice "shooting emporium" when completed.
Reckon it is gonna take one strong "Tennessee Wind" to blow
that structure down with the post concreted in the ground.
Sounds like Larry is more interested in where the "mud pits" are
gonna be located. ;)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Birdog, you need to ask them brothers to pick out a nice spot right there close by to build you and Marthas retirement villa. What a nice arraingement that would be. Load and test right there.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Birdog, you need to ask them brothers to pick out a nice spot right there close by to build you and Marthas retirement villa. What a nice arraingement that would be. Load and test right there.
Tim, Very near where Randys truck is sitting is the crest of the hill. From that position you can see the Birdog emporium shooting range, the 1000 target stands, and virtually for miles in 3 direction. I knew the first time I saw the location, that would be where I would want a house. Its a beautiful view. Not to mention there would be room for a 100 yd range to the rear of the house.

Randy allowed how he had already had that thought. Larry in western Ky

1 - 20 of 30 Posts