Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon just before dark, I took my gear and went down behind the house and sat in a tree stand of mine and called using the FoxPro hoping to lure in one of the two reds that I think are living down there. Edge of dark comes, sounds are softly going up the creek bottom. ANXIOUS!, nothing happens except a few house dogs are barking. So I quit and go to the house. The wife and I ride into town and grab a bite to eat. Come home and just as I turn into my driveway, there he is, mousing along the ditch near the mailbox. I stop, he runs into the brush and stops, with my headlights still on I run the widnow down and start lipsqueaking and he starts back out, then the house dogs fire up and he dives into the brush and is gone.

OH WELL, I go on to the house and try and call a little out by the barn, nothing. An hour later I am sitting back in the computer room online and my German Shepard sounds like she is going through the window glass back in the Florida Room and my wife comes running down the hallway. She tells me the fox had run right through the yard in the flood lights, between the swimming pool and the barn and house and down into the creek bottom. :eek:

This is getting ridiculous, just to let you know, he is gonna die soon. I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Great story Sonny... Don't ya just luv it when critters play peek-abo with ya?
Be persistant you'll get him... it'll make it just that more memorable when ya drill him. Any leads on a 222? Sam

·
Registered
182 Posts
I feel your pain

I have a couple around here that show themselves a couple times a week. Only when my guns a locked up. Last week I grabbed the Benelli SBE and the Foxpro and set up in the back yard. I put the Foxpro about 30 yards up wind and walked back to my blind. Okay it wasn't a blind it was the handrail of my deck. The second I hit the caller a fox started barking less then 60 yards away. He must have been watching me as I set up. Called it a night and turned the TV on. Then I saw my motion detector light come on and there walking down the drive 10 yards from the house is a Red. Next dark might and I'll have his scalp.
________
vaporizer pipe

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
First Liar Ain't got a Chance

This is a fox story that could have gone wrong big time. My oldest son who lives next door to me came in from work a few nights ago at about 2AM. As we Fellas sometimes do, he walked around behind his truck and proceed to Urinate in the yard before he went into the house. Maybe he was "writing his name" or something like that; he caught a glimse of something out of the corner of his eye... A Red Fox apparently saw the "Stream" dancing around in fornt of him and tore up the Yard to "Catch" whatever Critter that was dancing around in the yard.

He said that it was like hitting the "Cold Shower" and he would up in the bed of his Pickup truck. Bet he doesn't do that again.
This is the Honest truth.......No one could make up a story like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts