Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bad wind storm 2-3 months ago, and the old roundtop barn my dad and grandad built in 1952 (I was 5) caved in one side. Today my son and I had to finish taking it down. A friend has a trackhoe and he came over. We dug a hole in back and took it down and filled it in. The new barn (kit) should arrive next week and we can start with the new one.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sad to see the old barn structures going down . The Charlie Russel /Con Price barn fell to the track hoe . Insurance company would no longer carry policy on the ranch with the building standing . At least the Old Log cabin got on the nat registry of historic places. CM Russel was a western Artist in this area. Museum is in Gt.Falls next to a log cabin he had built of power poles . It seems like all the old barns built in the homestead era are mostly gone. My Grandfathers barn burnt to the ground , the other grandfathers barn was modified in to a round roof machine shed. One classic barn in this area was burned when the new owner of the place decided it was too expensive to maintain. wish I had know he was going to burn it . Would have taken pictures . There is a beautiful old stone barn in the Sun River area . It made it to Historic register but no money to keep it up. Becomes an albotross to the owner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lost ours too

Lost the barn last year. Killed one of the horses when it went down. We never expected it, but the winds just got to strong. Don :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts