Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there it’s my first post here. I recently purchased a Remington 783 varmint with the laminate stock, 26” heavy barrel chambered in 223 Remington. This rifle sat on the shelf at my lgs for months and I finally jumped on it. I figured it would be a good truck rifle and a workhorse varmint rig.
I started with the rifle with some initial load development and it shot good but I felt it could produce better results so I bedded the rifle and adjusted the factory trigger down to 18 ounces consistently. I headed back to the range and boy did I luck into a tack driver. This rifle shot every load under 1/2 inch, some down in the 1/4 inch range. This rifle is not fussy at all for loads or cleaning regimen, I didn’t clean it until 100 rounds down the pipe with no significant loss in accuracy.
If you happen across one of these rifles don’t hesitate to pick it up they’re a great rifle at a great price I gave $450 for mine otd. I think the 783 is a hidden gem that gets lumped in with other budget guns and they don’t deserve that rep.
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Natural landscape Wood

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Nice to be the pigeon and not the statue on a gun purchase.
What is the tw rate and flavor and wgt of projos?
If ya have time in the mornings, drop in for the coffee, calve, coyote, cat, weather n ga$ report. Kind of get the flavor of this eclectic group.
I won't warn you about some of these scalliwags, I prob would need to include myself. :unsure: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Since March, crickets. Hope he is OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts