Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,726 Posts
The CZ 452 would be my next 22LR...IF I already didn't have a schweet Rem (pre WW-II) 341P (read: NO stamped parts in the exquisite carrier and bolt) or my Win mo. 52, the type also used in Olympic competition in its day.

I like 22s from that "golden era of rifles" - circa pre WW-II and up to about 1960. With few exceptions, i.e., the Browning SA-22 still in production BUT from that same era where every rifle was built and fitted with TLC by real craftsmen using real walnut and treated each gun like it was to be their own. THAT is what the CZ 452 reminds me of: A rifleman's rifle - to steal a phrase from Winchester's mo. 70 (pre-64).

Love the CZ 452s!

· Registered
4,726 Posts
I really like the 52 B and C's. The Pre A and A, not so much. Going to do some longer range work when some of the Gotta Do's get done this Spring. Besides the bench work, I'm liking the speed steel - Steel Challenge. Only need a cheap auto loader for rifle or pistol. Fun fun fun
I assume you're referring to the Win 52 A, B, Cs, no?

Working in the gun shop gave me the chance to keep up on the latest stuff. But, the owner retired and closed the store before the new CZ 457s came out (or at least we never took one into inventory). But, my point is, there still are a few makers that appear (at least) to produce (sporting rifles in particular) that have that old time quality feel to them, e.g., Henry, Dakota Arms, some of Brownings, etc. And, CZs - at least up to a couple years ago when the store closed. And, I'd hate to find out that CZ turned the corner toward the route so many of our domestic makers went - CHEAP and corner-cutting (e.g., compare the Rem 722 or the 700 BDL vs. the (pathetic, IMO) mo. 710 comes to mind:(). Does Rem even make the 710 anymore?? I don't know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.