Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my take on it. I bought 1500rds of processed .223/556 brass for $120 off of a forum. By processed I mean sized, trimmed, primer pockets swaged and ready to load, tumbled in SS media. I had bought several 500 round boxes of .223 sp for $59 each and stocked primers at $30 per thousand, way back before all the craziness started. I am priming, powdering and seating bullets, 50-100 ct at a time. Will have these finished in no time. A lot cheaper than paying $450-600 per thousand.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Same here. Have a few 1000 loaded up and purchased 5000 from Black Hills several years ago that haven’t been opened yet.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
@was skruske is a Millionaire if he sold his Brass.
I try to save the ones I fire if I can, but in situations other than Clanging Steel it is very difficult to do.
I am betting there is A Hunert down the Defroster Hole in the Zuki/Metro. When it dies, I'm gonna recover them.
You would think I would be smart nuff to put screen wire over it. Well, no you wouldn't.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Sam, I do a similar thing. i have several 223/5.56 rifles, both bolt actions and ARs. I typically keep the hand loaded ammo segregated to the rifle for the varmint and PD bolt guns and match ammo for the match ammo for my HBAR. I also load blasting ammo for the other AR carbines. Years ago, a buddy and I split a case of 8000 IMI 55gr FMJ bullets for $240. Also have a stash of 500 or 600 rounds of M192 that were bought at the right price.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Some very cheap bullets for 5.56 Blasting ammo at americanreloading.com
They have a lot of Pulled bullets and the ones I bought look like New.
5.56 and 7.62 are usually plentiful.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Some very cheap bullets for 5.56 Blasting ammo at americanreloading.com
They have a lot of Pulled bullets and the ones I bought look like New.
5.56 and 7.62 are usually plentiful.
I've placed several orders with that outfit, JR. They fairly often have 9mm Speer Gold Dot pulls and Federal HST bullets in 9mm and .45. It's the only place I've found HST bullets for reloading as they aren't being sold by Federal as reloading components yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts