Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Unknown range brass, don’t bother me at all. Especially crimped primers, feel like I wasted half my life cleaning up crimped primer pockets.
I was gifted several five gallon buckets of LC 30-06 and 308 Match,all was primed.
I was shooting a lot of cast bullet military matches at the time. Took me a lot of SR4759, Unique and 2400 to get them shot. That made it some what easier as I only had to do a couple hundred at a time or maybe fifty.
Poor as a church mouse, married with first kid, I found a deal on some LC 5.56 in bulk for scrap price. It had not been from a mini gun or shot full auto. I don’t know how many are in a 30 gallon drum but it is a couple.
I picked up a lot of range brass for years. I swear if I stepped on a case I could tell you what caliber and maker it was lol.
NO MORE for me. I just had so much and of stuff I never owned or would own. Gave away buckets and buckets of 9mm, 38 Super, 38 special and 40SW.

Cleaning and moving stuff in the basement to get my new ro benchtop mill set up, found several 2 1/2 gallon buckets of 9mm and 40 all cleaned and polished in my buddies 10 gallon tumbler. Had completely forgotten about it. Gave it all away.

I also calmly walk away from lead or lead alloy anymore. I hope I can live long enough to run out of cast bullets, lol.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear ya JSH. I have more powder than I’ll ever shoot. Forget the components, it is the barrel replacement that starts adding up. It is still hard to see them scrap it knowing someone would prep it and shoot it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts