Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I missed it or it hasn't been posted . I just heard that Smith & Wesson just bought out Thompson / Center Arms . I hope this is not a bad thing. Art

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I just heard that Smith & Wesson just bought out Thompson / Center Arms . I hope this is not a bad thing. Art
I hope so too. The fact that T/C doesn't compete with anything S&W currently offers is prolly a good sign that the T/C line isn't going away. Maybe we'll see some more calibers become factory offerings now that S&W's muscle is behind them, no?

But, I'm a little dubious - I don't see consolidation of gun manufacturing (or airline mergers either for that matter!) as being particularly customer friendly. So, unless T/C was in financial troubles, I'm not at all sure I like it (not that what I care matters:rolleyes:). T/C has always made a quality product. And S&W has as well, AND they stand behind their stuff. So, I'll look on the bright side on this one (with fingers crossed behind my back!:D)

P.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Had not heard that................

But I do know that getting anything ordered from Thompson for the last 6 mos. has been a nightmare....and getting parts for repair has been seemingly impossible. I can't say that everyone has had such a problem, but I work part time for a major hunting chain and their service for us has been almost non existant for at least 6 mo.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts