Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed the write up in Guns and Ammo about the new TC centerfire bolt action rifle. It sure has a nice piece of wood on it and the action is streamlined with built in scope bases. Trigger is self adjustable. I like it what do you think? I suscribe to the magazine but found the online Guns and Ammo article about the TC Icon.

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/long_guns/tcicon_010807/

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I had heard they were coming out with one but haven't seen anything on it. Anything with a owner adjustable trigger and integral scope bases (which just seem to make so much sense) gets me to perk up. Now just say "tang safety" and we are off the the races.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
TC Icon, Very Nice Rifle!

Very Nice indeed, played & Lusted after one @ the Shot Show! WOW!

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
So, Where's the Beef? Oops, I mean

the safety??:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like a neat rifle. I hope they can get it out before the interest fades away. As far as choices for calibers, you have two initially from what I understand, 308 Win and 308 T/C.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
So, how do you think this new rifle ties in with Smith+Wesson buying T/C? I have a feeling that T/C products will eventually go downhill and S+W will suck them dry.

·
Registered
726 Posts
So, how do you think this new rifle ties in with Smith+Wesson buying T/C? I have a feeling that T/C products will eventually go downhill and S+W will suck them dry.
The CEO of Smith and Wesson spoke at the Shot Show today. And he really focused on how Smith and Wesson had made a major strategic decision to get into the long gun market. He even noted how much bigger the market is for long guns, compared to the handgun market. And he talked about how they were going to pursue both the rifle and shotgun markets.

So I would argue that buying TC Arms makes perfect sense, for this immediately gives them a line of rifle products to sell. And if you visit the Smith and Wesson web site, you will see that they have announced a whole product line of shotguns this week at the Shot Show too. Quite an extensive selection of models, actually.

Just check it out here:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomContentDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&content=19338

This move may be a hedge against future gun control. For what if the US evenutally becomes like England, with no handgun market, but with rifles and shotguns still allowed for sale?? One could argue that it will be the handgun division that may eventually wither and go away.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
446 Posts
The TC Icon looks great but..

how can the market support another production rifle. Heck, Winchester couldn't stay in the game. S&W tried the rifle market before and couldn't make it work for them. Yep, S&W will most likely run TC in the ground, just look at what Beretta done to Sako. The TC 22RF auto didn't go over very well and it is actually a fairly nice rifle.

All this makes me dizzy! Wish now I'd held on to those TCR-83's. :mad:

·
Registered
726 Posts
how can the market support another production rifle. Heck, Winchester couldn't stay in the game.
Tom:

The loss of the Winchester Model 70 from the market was actually used by executives to justify coming out with a new American bolt rifle at this time. They are hoping that Winchester buyers will buy the T/C Icon instead.

It looks like a great gun. But what kind of a name is ICON, for a rifle? It sounds like a name Mel Gibson would use.

How has Beretta hurt Sako? They have brought the Beretta tradition of constant innovation to the Sako line too. That is why the new Model 85 was developed, and is right now replacing the Model 75.

From what I have heard from shooters, new Sako rifles are as good as they have ever been. Have you heard different?

Lance in Orygun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts