Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t pay the ransom or the bail. We’ve escaped the sheriff and the outlaws who were chasing us through Michigan, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and South Dakota. I didn’t dare use the internet to tip off our position in the Badlands of North and South Dakota, the ice and snow on the Glacier, or the Tetons, or Yellowstone. We had a good time but it’s tough when you’re constantly looking over your shoulder. At any rate we’re back.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You boys need to go to bed. I’m wore out from helping my neighbor dig holes….
He saw a plane full of politicians crash near his farm. When the police arrived, they asked us what happened.
They crashed near my farm and I buried all of them.
One of the police men asked with shock; "are you sure they were all dead"?
Some of them were screaming, "we are still alive".
But We didn’t believe them.
You know, these politicians. They can lie….
Good night from here.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Francisco has Returned!! Some of us were getting concerned but I remembered you Did say something about WEST TRIP a couple weeks ago. Stories to tell no doubt.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I thought I saw you out there FB. My wife and I just got back from a trip through Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Kansas. You made a quick getaway so I couldn’t get a picture of you but I was able to snap this one of Skruske At Mt Rushmore.
Jeans Shoe Leg People in nature Street fashion

I hope Debrah doesn’t see it or else he might have some ‘splainin’ to do.

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
59° here in Upstate NY this morning, under cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 71°. We will have fog hanging on till about 11:00 AM and then it will remain mostly cloudy the rest of the day. We have a small chance for some rain.

Yesterday was a fairly nice quiet day for me, I had to be on the road for a time in the morning but then I worked at home the rest of the day. The severe weather went south and east of us and we got some rain was all. Today I am going to try and be at home all day but....

Glad to see FB back, I was wondering where he was.

Happy Anniversary to Carl and his bride.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Morning all it's 62 here and into the low 70's today, it rained cats and dogs last night about 2300. I got the word yesterday, knee replacement on Monday, we have been short on help at work and been working some crazy hours, I getting to old for this crap. Got to feed the critters and get ready for work, you all have a good one.

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
64 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
We got a pretty good rain last nite but it sounds
quite this morning. Nother day at the old grind.
Worked on changing lights about all day yesterday.
We're going about all LED when we replace'em now.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 52 going to 70's again, great temps. FB the only thing wrong with your trip is you went and I didn't!!! Everyone have a great day. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's a cool 48, heading to 73. Very pleasant outdoors. I stayed home yesterday doing paperwork and writing. I may sneak out to the range this morning, the old curmudgeon shooters meet this afternoon.
Weather is too nice to be indoors.
Hope everyone enjoys the day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 42 with 85 or more later and again smoky.
Baled hay all morning yesterday, couple hundred more made and more for today. And not
much more got done, was hot and smoky, really gets to my lungs, but at least the wind wasn't blowing too.
No chance of work on the shot gun yesterday, maybe tonight.
Boss man has a funeral this afternoon so guess I'll be in charge :unsure:.
Prayers for those with health issues, our country and others.
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Mostly clear with cooler air showing at 53° now and only an expected high of 70° later here near HalfwayUSA. We are definitely heading into Fall weather.

The camper delivery was going well until I pulled in the new owner's driveway. He had not thought through where it was going to get placed on the ground. WAY too much slope to his driveway to safely pull the truck out from under. I explained the problem with off level ground. He also thought it could go in front of his garage. Well that would have worked maybe but there was a retaining wall in front & there wasn't enough room to maneuver the truck straight out.

I convinced him & her that another spot would be much safer. Still 3 inches of incline was a challenge. It took a long while to lower the 3000lb camper 30 inches at 1/2" to 1" inch at a time. This guy is in for a steep learning curve when he gets his new truck someday.

As for selling it fast & too cheap, all things considered, age-condition-location we received asking price that was average retail. If that Bigfoot was in a Rocky Mountain state it would have brought another $2k. The buyers plan on going to Alaska next year so I told them 'take your trip & sell it up there for a premium price. Come back to the lower 48 state and buy a newer one if it turns out you like truck campers."

Deb & I got home in the early evening before darkness set in. We gathered up all the sticks, branches & limbs that the Tuesday storm left behind. Some went to the fire pit & some got cut up for firewood.

LOTS of chores to catch up on here. Grass hasn't had the attention it needed in too long and it is just about too long. I think if we wait another week JR & Miss Judy can bail it.

My niece is coming over this evening to learn how to drive a stick shift.

·
Administrator
12,656 Posts
Morning folks. It's 65 and foggy/overcast this morning with some stray showers around. Only going to 75 today. Last night when I was just taking the peppers off the smoker about 8:30 a storm rolled in. The mountains deflected it a little, first batch missed north, second batch went south, but the lightning was incredible. The clouds were low and the lightning was above it and it was nearly nonstop for about 45 minutes. Every strike would light the whole sky up. I took a cool video and got some snips from it, but pics don't do justice.

Lightning Atmosphere Thunderstorm Thunder Sky

Doc visit didn't go very well. He wasn't happy with my bloodwork. Me either for that matter. I've been really lazy all summer. Since finishing the kid's deck, haven't done a thing. I need to start walking or something. He switched out my meds, try something else. Can't hurt. Good news is my glucose was down so pre-diabetes is under control pretty well. While there I got the shingles vaccine and flu shot. Arm's are a little sore this morning! He also talked to me about the China-vax options and he agreed, the whole thing is too politicized. He made some valid points and provided a pretty decent explanation of how they work and more than likely, I'll probably get the damn thing here soon. Tired of the BS and just want to go back to normal.

Well, So Happy It's Thursday. I'm ready for the weekend, even though I have to work all day Sat. at a gun drawing. Better get moving. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
75 Posts
59 at the moment headed to 82.
Yesterday was a good one. Maybe this dang humidity will get to a good level finally. Buddies got back from Montana yesterday, wanted me to go eat with them but I had to pass. Would sure like to try and go shoot some more prairie dogs, getting late though. I found more odds and ends of ammo, to much to just shoot at the range. But not enough for a full week of hunting.
Trying to get lined out and thin down what I take.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
60° with low humidity and it feels great outside. Good morning to be splitting and stacking firewood. Gotta take a break soon and go see the eye doctor. My son called last night and we went fishing for a couple hours at a pond near his house. I only caught a couple bass but it was worth the trip. For some reason, the catfish at this pond seem to be attracted to artificial worms and crawdads. He catches them quite often on them. Nothing much going on today. Most of the day will be spent outdoors working with firewood and possibly closing the pool for the season. Make it a good day.
Water Plant Hat Sun hat Sunglasses
Water Sky Plant Green People in nature

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I sit here with the computer and a cup of coffee for the first time in a couple weeks, I reflect back on where we’ve been and what we did in that time. One place we went I didn’t mention was Mount Rushmore. We went for the evening ceremony first. My dearest Jan was the only lady veteran there and went on the stage for recognition and the flag lowering. It’s amazing that only one in one hundred citizens on these United States have served in the military. Skruske is so right on western prices being sky high. In fact, we spent only a short time in Idaho as the gasoline prices were bouncing around $4.49 a gallon and didn’t want to add to the pockets of the greedy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
53* here this morning,NICE OUT.
I got my almost-every-year hayfever shot yesterday, YIKEs had a rough couple of days. Shot usually takes the edge off 'wayy better than any of the OTC pills. COME ON FROST.
GOing to stay mostly quiet today, maybe, might knock the grass down tomorrey.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
We went for the evening ceremony first. My dearest Jan was the only lady veteran there and went on the stage for recognition and the flag lowering.
Francis, I think we took the same trip. We were there one week ago today for the lighting ceremony and there was only one lady veteran on stage also.
Hair Glasses World Vision care Organ

We returned the following morning. George cried when he found out we were leaving.
Sky Bedrock Tree Sculpture Mountain

The most we paid for gas was $4.34 in Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone! Late check-in for me after a rather restless night. Its 64º and sunny here headed for the upper 80's.

Yesterday was another day of watering at the Doctor's place. The Rice and Millet are looking pretty good. Not quite as good as a Farmer would want them but we don't spend as much on chemicals either. We're not trying to pay off a crop loan and turn a profit either. Its a compromise, how much you spend vs what you reap.

My running buddy is off to the lake this morning. I have a mid morning Doctors appointment and the Wife and I both have hair cuts scheduled for the afternoon. I will need to check the water in one of the Doc's fields and probably turn it off. The Wife and I will probably pick up something to eat and picnic on the levee late this afternoon.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts