Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
32° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today is to get up to about 39°. It will be a partly sunny day with a mild breeze and 20% chance of preciptiation.

Yesterday I was on the road for the best part of all day, it is good in a way as I like to be busy and the extra money is always handy. Today I should be home all day or most of it and that also is good as I have work here, I have to do.

Prayers for KF and Sam and all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 32, cloudy and 34 for the high. Getting ready for tomorrow's storm.
I tinkered with projects yesterday, more of the same today. Stock bedding, computer files to locate, software issues to solve. Should keep me busy for the day.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Friday the thirteenth falls on Thursday this month. We have a little dusting of snow this morning so far and that’s it. During the news last night the on the scene reporter was outside in the rain. He was no Jim Cantori but it seemed that dumb as the story had nothing to do with being outside in the rain and close to traffic.

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Mornin boys...
29 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Well...back to the old grind, but it'll be nice not getting sticked
poked, prodded for a day or so...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 27 here and cloudy, headed to 45 maybe later. Yesterday was a nice day. After work, I ran out to the farm and hunted a bit. Three were standing in field when I got there, two others ran by at 80 mph and saw 2 more that were too far to shoot at. Should have been there earlier I think, but there's this thing called WORK that always gets in the way. Ah well. Still have Friday night and Saturday to give it a shot, although some really cold stuff is to come in for the weekend, along with 3-5 or 5-8 inches of snow. They can't make up their minds. I'm calling for 6-10 myself...or 1-3 maybe. LOL Doesn't matter. I got the 4 wheeler and snow blowers ready for it last weekend. Looks like Sunday's going to be a sit around the house kinda day. Might have to load some ammo or something. I definitely need to get my $hit together for the fox/coyote contest next weekend. :)

Prayers sent. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
morning all. 10 here with almost 50 later, with a chance of snow tomorrow and wind.
Almost feeling human again here, Gwyn still not so much, lots of coughing and conjestion.
Miss another coyote yesterday, almost too early to see good, maybe today.
Tried to work a little yesterday afternoon but played out before I got much done. Just mostly slept on
the couch all day. Hope to get more done today than that...we'll see.
Better get around, breakfast ready and chores to be done.
Have a good day. Prayers for those with health issues and others.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Great morning folks,

With low thick clouds, we start today with 29° here near HalfwayUSA. Might make it to 32° today. We did mark 39° yesterday.
That thaw allowed me to get the ice moved off the concrete by late afternoon.

I finished up loading the last of the 6x45. The woodstove got a clean out after a cool down. Firewood got moved and helping care for Debra Dearest covered much of the day. She's felling better but still looks like she came in second place at the roller derby.

I'm heading to old hunting partner's place about 9am. More garage clean up. I need to move some of his firewood. A trip to town for a McDonalds shake, donuts and fill his vehicle with gas before I head back home.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 41º and cloudy here headed for the mid 60's.

Yesterday I rode with my running buddy back to Home Depot for a door lock set. His Son's new wife is really spicing the place up! After we got back home I started in tumbling brass again. One more batch of 9mm left and then all I'll have is the 223.

The big event for today will be taking the Cat back to the Vet for a blood draw to check the effectiveness of the Thyroid meds he put her on. We may or may not make a grocery run afterwards.

Its good to hear that Sam is back home and doing well.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 41 in Louisville, going to 48 with part sun. Should be a decent day for this time of year.

Dean, did I read your note correctly? High of almost 50 for your area? Kind of unusual isn't it? From your descriptions, it sounds like the crud I'm getting over and what you have are about the same. Not "hug the toilet" sick, but not well either. That sound right? I'm pretty sure mine was viral and not bacterial, but I'm on my third day of a Z-pack and getting better little by little. Antibiotics supposedly don't help against a virus, but docs found early on that azithromycin does help some against the Rona, so who knows? Hope you're better soon, bud.

Nothing big to report from Louisville except that the Louisville Cardinals let the NC State Wolfpack come to town and take a game from them in decisive fashion. In our house! It was pretty sad. Mangled red feathers all over the court.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for all our sick, including Sam, who I suspect will check in any minute now. He's probably got field goal kicking on his rehab schedule today.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
GM, Ford and Chrysler here from Vine Grove Kentucky, which is near Ft. Knox which is near Louvil kinda. It was dark last night and about 35° but warming to high 40s today with snow for the weekend.
Justin is on "Home Incarceration" which means workin from home on computer but doesn't have to wear an Ankle monitor.
Jesse's entire family has Chineze Virus in Kansas but making it so far. Tough on a baby I would say.
I got up at 5:30 am and Percy the Cat and I watched "Mouse TV" on my phone for an hour.
Dean in Colorado is supposed to feed my cows today....maybe I make it home this afternoon to check on them.
Seems about 75% of Kentucky has Chinez Virus at this time. KF you got it. Omicron.

Gonna head to Sam's Club for a Breakfast Hot Dog and a big Ice Cream as we go home. Wish I lived closer.
Y'all be safe and try to Kick your illnesses. Sam, you too buddy.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Good morning to all of you all. It's 33 in Indy heading for the low 40s. Kinda' drab looking but no rain or snow in the forecast. I got up and went to the pancake joint this morning after missing the last two days. They had the nerve to hire two waitresses without a table 17 interview. One of 'em seems OK but the other can't quite figure out what to think of us yet. She'll learn to either step up her game or keep her distance soon enough, I reckon.

Took a FauChi virus home test last night. Don't know how reliable they are but it said I don't have it. I'm still a little congested with a slight cough. Everything from bunions to oldtimer's disease is now considered a symptom of the virus. Heck with that stuff.

Julie and her twin sister will be heading to Muskegon, MI for an uncle's funeral soon as they get off work. They'll stay up there tonight and be back tomorrow afternoon/evening. I'm staying home and going out for Mex tonight.

Charlie, how about easing up on the "W" word!

Watched that game, Mikey. The Birdies didn't look so good.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 32 going to 40 and will be dry here. Made a grub run and RK stop this morning now it's time for a cup of joe, unload the Ram. Be safe my friends and thank God for answering Prayers. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Gonna head to Sam's Club for a Breakfast Hot Dog and a big Ice Cream as we go home. Wish I lived closer.
Glad to run across someone else who appreciates "fine dining" at Sam's Club. I don't know what their Breakfast Hot Dog is, but I frequently enjoy the pizza combo, which is about 1/4 of a pizza and a bottomless drink for $2.50. It'll fill you right up and beats what happens if I shop hungry. I'm lucky to be only about 15 minutes from my Sam's Club and just 30 from my nearest Rural King, both in the same direction.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good Morning from the ☀ shores of Medico in Venice Florida not Italy. 67 headed to mid 70's .
We got a contact on the condo . No realtor involved. Our purchasing realtor agreed to do all of the paperwork and what ever else needed for 1% . If all goes to plan we will be in our new house 11 th of next month. We have a preserve directly behind the house anybody interested in bobcat or gator hunting? Just joking we have been told both are seen often even in day light hours . Well my shooting plans have been shot to h___ .
Still coughing , runny nose me and the dog both can't get to far from the bathroom which started up yesterday.
Everyone have a good day and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Well it seems we have another Okie on board. He probably hasn’t realized he’s probably too young for this crowd. If he has a wife in the military, he can’t be much older than 60…LOL
Maybe he’ll stick around to give me company.
Glad JR made it around to say howdy this morning. Dean said he fed the cows for you and took a spin on that new green tractor. He said it wasn’t very big and Otis had found a new friend.
Plant Flash photography Grass Thigh Street fashion

I’m off to help son get some odds and ends done today. He and his bunch are headed to NM for about 3 days of snow skiing after little redhead gets out of school today. Maybe he’ll bring me a snow bunny.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Already been a busy morning. Just got back from a CT scan, and I defenite need some food and a nap. I have been hibernating a bunch from the COVID. Feeling okay, but I have had a lot of sinus drainage and frequent nose bleeds. I think it is from the Keytruda infusions. Hope I get to get off of it soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts