Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
57° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 81°. Another beautiful sunny day with no rain and a mild breeze of about 6mph.

Yesterday I was on the road for about half the day, the rest of it was spent here at home working on gun club matters. We are going to get a new sign made for our gate and our VP is going to take care of that. This morning I am heading "Up Home" and do some walleye fishing, it has been a long winter and I am really looking forward to it.

Prayers for the people of Ukraine and our members who need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
62° with extremely low humidity this morning and it feels great outside. Finally made it to the range to zero the 6BR for this weekend. My son and brother-in-law were already there and a good time was had by all. My only plan this evening is to load the rest of my ammo and gather everything in the staging lane to load into the car tomorrow. One more cup of coffee for the road.
Make it a good day
Table Wood Air gun Outdoor recreation Shooting range

·
Registered
13,926 Posts
Mornin boys...
Aint looked at the temp but id say mid 50s here high on RUGER Mt this morning. Got a few loaded yesterday evening but have several to load today. Guess the testing will be Friday evening at Jackie's. Been 3 years since the triggers have been jerked on all of'em. Lol
Some have been loaded since the last BBB...
Dont really care...just looking forward to the mud "rasl'in" and the food...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 69, cloudy and heating up to 90. Big thunderstorm rolled through yesterday morning and another that evening, lots of wind and rain. More of my neighbors privacy fence is in my yard.
Yesterday I took a rifle back to the gunshop so they could fix what they did wrong. Installed scope bases out of line with the bore.
Today is open, more storms likely this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a productive and quiet day,
Ken

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
Good morning. 66 in Indy heading for 85. Today is pack-the-truck-with-stuff-we-might-need-tomorrow day. No time for golf.

It’s Mex night but I just found out we’ll be short a couple. One of the grandsons has the Chivirus for the second time. Election must be getting close.

Off to the no-pancake joint. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Hazy sunshine with 60° and going to 88° later here near HalfwayUSA. Yesterday's rain never found the ground here. Really odd weather pattern. Surface winds were drifting southeast while wind at 8000 feet was moving at 75mph and pushing the storms right back where they cam from. Parts of the state received 4 inches of rain in 3 hours because the storms stalled out before reversing direction.

Tripped mole traps but not critters found. 5 times yesterday. Time to deploy propane. Some firewood was added to the woodshed. Errands were run & the birds and other rodents are pleased with the feed.

The Cherry and Pear trees are in full bloom this morning. The Apple trees should start early next week.

I'm heading to old hunting partner's place a little later in the morning so it'll be a longer day before I get back home.

Safe travels to all of you heading the the Buck Creek.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
72* here in N.IL...... been steaming the last 2 days and supposed to get 92* today..... garden is in will mow this AM....and all outside work will be done by.... 11...??
Have a good n boys.....

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 55 here this morning and only getting to 75 by mid day. We're on the wrong side of the front I guess. Surf is still tearing up OBX. I hate to say it, but I think after our trip in July, we're done with that mess. I think in a few short years, nature will take care of that for us anyway. We'll see...

I got the camper on the truck last night and everything loaded. Just need to throw in some frozen food and a cooler of drinks and we're headed west this evening. Will try to find a Cracker Barrel or truck stop to rest in for awhile overnight. Should be to Jackie's around noon-ish??? Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

And a funny pic

Smile Product Human Sleeve Happy

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
morning all. 48 with the wind already blowing, mid 70s later and 40mph. Still DRY and no moisture in sight.
Busy day yesterday, but got a few things done. More today I hope.
Slept in so running late and moving slow.
Have a great day and be safe. Prayers for all those traveling, and those with health issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 64º and hazy here headed for the low 90's. Yesterdays temps broke a record going back to 1880ish. I think it got to 94º.

Yesterday we went back to the old house to get the remaining stuff that was in the garage. We also met the new owners SIL and gave them the keys, garage door openers, ect. I also walked them through the house and showed them what some of the switches did. After we got back home I tinkered in the new loading room.

Todays plans are to unload the truck and Expedition. We have not found the bird feeders yet and only have one put up so far.

Wishing George Good Luck with his fishing.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Morning all, 57 headed to 85 today, got to 86 yesterday. Got a young man coming to pressure wash my house and moms as well, money well spent. Got some stuff to do in the shop today, then mow this afternoon. Got to get moving, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
13,370 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Doing some last minute loading for the reunion shoot for beths 223 in case anyone wants to shoot it.
Ill have 2 factory class and one custom if anyone wants to give them a whirl.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
67 with sunshine in the hollow this morning. Forecast calls for near 90, similar to yesterday. Spent yesterday morning playing with the dishwasher. Seems all the Youtube videos for such are for much newer models, but I think I figured it out. It wouldn't drain properly and needed several fixes to take care of the problem. Not sure about today. Tarcila will be packing for an early plane ride to Norfolk tomorrow and I need to catch up on paperwork if I can't find and excuse not to. Age is doing things to my memory. I spent a fair amount of time yesterday trying to remember what I did with one of my Savage "J" actions. Finally semi remembered that I had sent it with two triggers to my gunsmith. He's going to try and reassemble a Sharp Shooter trigger and needed an action to work with. Had to double check with him to confirm.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the banks of the Chesapeake Bay in rural VA . 57 with a high of 64 . Cloudy 40% chance of rain . Got all the ornamental grasses weeded and fertilized yesterday .
Drove over to Yorktown area pretty neat looking at the earthworks that were made 200+ years ago and the battlefields where our independence was won .
Hopefully if the rains holds up we can get the lawn mowed .
We will need to pick up the pick up truck this afternoon they contacted me 2 days ago saying that they would pass inspection but the tires were dry rotted that they had been on the truck since 2008 . I told them to replace them ouch.
Everyone have a great day and stay warm dry and safe.
HHH

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
GM, Ford and Shirverlay to everyone from the Damcow farm.
Yesterday was spent removing hay unroller and washing 2 Tractors in preparation for Hay work. Lot of folks already at it around here but grass is too short.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Tractor

Big Greenie gets washed today, not a Skruske clean up, just Mud and Cow Crap knocked off.
Then change Engine Oil and Grease them.
Eleven Damcalves getting loaded out tomorrow, so prepare for that.

May get time to test for my .204 to take to the BBB but hopefully will check Zero. PD ammo left over to shoot. Miss my SALVAGE that shot so good.
@charlie sterner don't forget my Bullets please.
Skruske is getting ready to use the Nuclear Option on the Moles. You blow up half the yard.
There is a very nice Cow Farm going up for Auction in the neighborhood if anyone had a Million lying around you can be my neighbor. Fella told me Yesterday I could make $10K on my used JD 6403 that I bought last year. Farm Equipment Stuff is crazy expensive. Hooking up hay empt and servicing it today.
Have a nice day and fire a few rounds.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 69 in Louisville, going to 89 and sunny. Humidity is a bit lower today, which makes things feel much better.

It's sack 'n' pack day for the BBB Reunion Shoot near Somerset. I zeroed at my local range on Sunday and just left my gear in the car. As long as Cindy doesn't insist on taking the newer car, I'm in good shape. Grab a change of clothes, my CPR, a few snacks, and pull out.

Carl, your Savage looks an awful lot like mine. Is it the Benchrest model in 6BR? What bullet and powder are you shooting? I think George will be shooting a 6BR Savage as well, and maybe John Beauchamp if he comes.

Rick, I'm having memory issues that sound a lot like yours. Anymore, if I don't write something down or get up and do it as soon as I think of it, then I'm in trouble. I try not to let it bother me and compensate by checking myself 3-4 times when doing something like reloading.

Y'all have a good'n and be extra safe traveling to Somerset today and tomorrow. Prayers up for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Carl, your Savage looks an awful lot like mine. Is it the Benchrest model in 6BR? What bullet and powder are you shooting?
Yep. I think it’s identical to yours. My go-to load is 30gr of Varget with a 107gr Sierra Match King. I also have some Bergers but I don’t recall the weight….105?? Maybe.
I’m the 3rd owner. My Uncle Dale bought it originally. Dad got it from him and I got it from Dad. We’ve all won wood with it at the BBB.
Speaking of memory lapsing……I had a heck of a time swapping the 221 Fireball barrel with the 6BR this week. First I couldn’t find my barrel nut wrench because I had hung something in front of it on the pegboard and THEN I was trying to set the headspace, using the 223 bolt. I finally got things straightened out and it shot great last night.

·
Premium Member
5,447 Posts
Good mid morning everyone...79° here at the shop already. I went and finished running the weed eater at my dad's place before I came in today before it got too hot. I started it yesterday about 6pm and it was way to hot and it killed my back....still killed it this morning but it was a lot cooler.
No ammo got tinkered with last night so this afternoon or tomorrow I will shoot and sight in the .223 savage for factory class. We won't be able to come down until Friday afternoon late or Early Saturday morning. The wife has to work and might get off at lunch time but not sure and she doesn't want to burn a vacation day yet until we see when we will br going to Nevada to visit the kids.
I hope she gets off at 10:30 in the morning and maybe we can hit the range around 4pm. I'll at least have them set to 300yards and have to wing it for 400 I guess unless I can hang a steel plate somewhere today or in the morning.
I'm hoping to get my mom to dog sit for us or we'll have a puking dog riding down with us and the wife to babysit.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hope and pay that you guys have a safe and enjoyable time this weekend. Safe travel and safe shooting.
Last batch of turkey hunters coming in this evening. probably go down and have supper with them and greet them. Son and DIL are T-Ball coaches again this year and tonight is practice night…LOL.
Any of you guys ever replaced barrel on a 22/45 Ruger. Preacher showed me his last night before church and sure looked and felt nice. Know Volquartson makes one and his is a Tactical Solutions. I don’t know anything about either of them Or any others that be available.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine, and all Y’all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts