Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
58° here in Upstate NY this morning and it is raining, the high temperature will be getting up to about 67° only. We are supposed to get some more showers this morning with a light wind of about 7mph.

Yesterday was mostly a day of paperwork and I hate to do that. Today I will be on the road which will be a good thing for me.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 68, clear and windy, high of 91.
Yesterday the wind was calm enough for accurate shooting. I took the Savage FV and the BR50 to the range, the Savage is zeroed, though the Tasco scope leaves a lot to be desired. The BR50 really came to life, it will shoot. Fire lapping the barrel really helped. It shoots exactly to point of aim at 25 yards, next trip will be testing at 50 yards. I am happy.
We had a nice visit way daughter last night. Todais wash and polish the car.
Hopefully everyone will have a great day,
Ken

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Mornin boys
Already 69 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Took the day off, last 1 I had to take or lose. Still got
some comp time to burn. Going to be another hot 1 today.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Exceptionally Great Morning everyone,

55° with a very clear sky, low humidity and a slight breeze here near HalfwayUSA. With a high of only 83° expected today will be the nicest so far this year.

Debra Dearest & I got the camper loaded on the back of the truck. Loading for a longer weekend in northern Michigan. Monday is the memorial service for my Aunt Pat who passed away in Arkansas. At her written request some her ashes will be poured on her mother's grave. I will be adding some of my mother's ashes as well.

Our lone Cherry tree is producing a bumper crop this year. The cherries that hit the ground already are quickly snatched up by the birds & even the rabbits are enjoying the dessert. Deb & I picked 3 1/2 pounds yesterday. I told her we probably won't get to pick any tomorrow as the raccoons will have them all gone by morning. Well, there is one less raccoon raiding the tree as of last night. :devilish:

Deb has a trip to the doctor this morning & I expect we'll find a rummage sale to pick through.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 66 going to 80 with a nice breeze from the North and dry humidity. Looks like a dey summer for this area, water dripping on the garden now. I did dig out my shooting bench from 20 years ago that went to South Dakota PD war. I don't remember it weighing so much back then, I could hardly get in the back of the RTZ !! Be safe my friends Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 47 with mid 70s later. Don't think it got above 60 yesterday, was cloudy and had a couple light showers that didn't
even get the rocks wet! Still DRY.
Worked on putting a new trash pump on the water truck yesterday, old one was shot. We pull water out of the creek if there is water or
one of the ditches and haul it to pastures without stock water.
Gwyn is working from home today so we slept in and are running late. Better get around.
Have a good day and be safe. Prayers for those with issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Scott...I'm learning that you should just take clothes pins and hang $20 bills in the fruit trees. All the freakin' money I spend to deter deer, squirrels and other varmints, like sprays, owl decoys, mesh bags, just goes out the window. At least if you hang the $20 bills, you might get some back and have enough left to buy fruit.

Bags don't deter my freakin' squirrels, just slows them down a little. This was Monday evening. Theres 3X that many laying beneath that tree this morning...and 1 lucky squirrel who dragged a bag 20' up a tree and I MISSED!

Plant Plant community Natural environment Terrestrial plant Woody plant

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Mornin' boys. It's 62 going to 70 this morning, with rain. Last band is supposed to clear out here soon. Started yesterday afternoon. Had a few good storms, with small hail and lots of lightning. Rained most of the night I guess. Long, slow rain....the kind Bruce and Dean need. Sorry guys. I'd gladly share. Sure glad I mowed Tuesday night! I didn't do much yesterday evening. Since it was raining, I took the hardware off the swingset I got for the kids. I'm probably not going to use it, since I got new, but at least I can burn the wood now. I got a few fishing rods and tackle ready for our trip to Hatteras. Wow, not used to taking just 4 rods. I usually have about 20 rods and all kinds of tackle. Been looking at boats online. Research more than anything. Not quite ready to buy again, since I have no time to use it anyway.

Well, I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and heading to 90° again.
Tire man got my rear tractor fixed yesterday for only $260. I was debating calling a place in London but saved probably at least $500. He left me the Damdeer Antler.
Judy Brown raked some Hay yesterday and the bailer ran ok without many problems.
Tire Sky Wheel Tractor Vehicle

Plant Hat Chair Comfort Dress

Yep, she's wearing a Dress, says it's much cooler than a Bikini. Otis's Cat Tail is visible under her chair.
Jackson welded this little broken mount into the innards of the Hay bailer. He wore an M95 mask and worked fast but his eyes were swelling by time he got done. Set some Hay on FIRE but I had 2 gallons of water up there so he got it put out without calling Francisco who was standing by with a Pumper in D-Troit.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fixture Wood Bumper

I got the same Rain that Dean received only a big blow of wind for 2 minutes which blew down a dead ash tree on the lectric fence. May get to that later.
Off and on the way to cut another field of hay.
Last one for a while I hope.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 74º and Hazy here headed for the mid 90's.

I met my running buddy yesterday and rode up to the lake with him. He's having some work done on his party barge and needed to check on it. He showed me a check that he wrote to the Co-op for some new tires for the tractor that he uses at the Doc's place. Right at $10K!

Not much planned for today. I think the oldest Grandson is coming over today to help me move some stuff around in the garage.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,
69 headed to 73 overcast 40 % chance of 🌧. Yesterday was a productive day . I dug deeper into the mower finding that the PTO switch was caused by the electronic PTO clutch is going bad . Spent a few hours on the phone pricing and locating a OEM clutch . The local dealers 70+ miles away wouldn't do a card over the phone and shipso I shopped around and found one cheaper they took cards over the phone and would ship for 24.00 I couldn't drive to pick it up any cheaper. Plus no sales tax with out of state tax . After this purchase I'll be eating bread and beans.
Hopefully this will come in a couple of days and I will get busy replacing it. Today is hanging around the house I'm starting to tighten up my spending. George my wife is the smart one in this family she's has followed the oil companies for years she was talking about just this subject the other day. While yes they are making profits how about the billions they have been investing for the last few years without a return . Please don't think that I approve of everything the oil companies do. I just don't trust this group in office and I can't wait for the people to vote them out . Actually I don't trust anyone in office but this group is hurting the American families. I looked yesterday at a fairly large investment I can only hope that the stock market will rebound thank God I don't have all my eggs in 1 basket. But I'm starting to tighten up on my spending and we were spending a lot. Have a good day.
HHH

·
Registered
109 Posts
Morning all, 78 headed to 90 or so. Got a little rain and a lot of wind, lighting last night like JR. I need to check my fences today. Elmer came down and he and I went over to a friends place, finished cutting a huge limb loose that was blown down off of a tree, then I cut the bottom limb off so it would roll off of the roof it was laying on. No damage done except the very edge of the roof was bent where 3 limbs had hit it initially, my buddy and his wife will be happy when they get back home. We ended up cutting 4 pickup loads. Sure was hot while doing it. Got to get moving, a lot to do today, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
85 in the hollow, up from around 70 at daybreak. Went out early and cut some grass while it was not so hot. Very glad I'm not in the hay field. Did a fair amount of that when I was a kid, both for my Dad and a neighbor down the road. He would show up at the house a little after 6 in the morning and tell my Dad he wanted to use the "boy" that day. Didn't bother to ask me. That old man had the heaviest square bales in the neighborhood. Seems like the boys all got a dollar an hour for some hot dusty work. Of course, this was around 1960, so a dollar would still buy a few things. Had my first massage yesterday, a Father's Day gift from my wife, to help with my pulled hamstring. It did help, but I don't think I can afford it twice, or maybe even once a month.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Sitting here watching new windows being installed in the house. Don’t take long to spend a few thousand doing this either 😱. I know it sure goes out faster than it comes in.
We have hit 97-98 last week or more, we’re ready for a little cooler temps. Probably will get it about 1st week in November.
Son and family been helping neighbors work cattle in the mornings this week and trying to get ready for a “controlled burn” on the river pasture in the afternoons. A little over 900 acres for this one. Those fires just scare the S€#¥ out of me. I told him I just might go to play dominoes Saturday so won’t have to watch it.
Plan is to leave Wednesday afternoon to go to NM and return Friday about noon with grandsons. Son is heading on to Raton Whittington Center for a match Saturday and Sunday.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Good late afternoon, GoGo.

I've had a time since a storm slammed into Louisville right around 5 p.m. yesterday. Temp was 99 and when the storm hit we had straight-line winds of 49mph. Right behind the wind came absolutely torrential rain. It fell in buckets and lightning popped and cracked. Power went out around 5. When the power was still off this morning, I decided to go buy a generator. With temps in the mid-90s, the food I had in two garage freezers was definitely at risk. Got the genny, was home by 11 and had it running by noon. Naturally, the power came on about 90 minutes after I got the new generator running and connected. Now I have to find a place to store this thing with easy access so I can pull it out every few months and test run it.

Really good news in today's Supreme Court ruling around the New York gun restrictions. I thing the abortion decision will come tomorrow and I will be just as pleased. I'm a Christian and it's absolutely clear in the Bible that planned, intentional murder is wrong and to commit that crime/sin against a helpless unborn baby should be unthinkable.

Y'all have a good rest of the day, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts