Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
65° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies this morning. The ground is wet and fog is out there but we are supposed to getting up to about 84° and have a sunny day with a mild wind.

Yesterday I managed to get up to the gun club in the afternoon and get it mowed and trimmed. I got it done just in time, as I left we had a very heavy thunderstorm, as I got pretty close to home it was a lot lighter. Today I would like to get my yard mowed and taken care of but I will have to see what comes up.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 67 going to mid 80's and it's the driest day for the next 7 !!!! Same plan as yesterday early outside work then hide out with the AC. Will need to get to the calling hours for my friend Tim. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 61, foggy then clearing up to 79. Yesterday was raining all day, I spent the day cleaning rifles and driving around, Scheel's in Mankato and Cabelas in Owattona, looking for cleaning supplies. They have some but no Lead Out. Sheels had powder so I picked up a pound. I am planning on range time this morning.
The real positive thing Yesterday was finding the Caribou coffee shop is finally open for indoor dining. It is my favorite away from home hangout.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good morning all, it's 65 here going to 85, looks like a nice day again. Got Glade duty today, who knows what the day will hold there. I have to go in early on Friday, be there by 6, one of my guys needs off early, you all have a good one today,

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 45 and 99% humidity, mid 70s today and a chance of a shower. We got some rain yesterday afternoon but didn't do much, haven't looked at the rain gauge yet.
Baled hay all morning, we got four more fields baled up, finally got lunch about 2:30. Then worked a little on the swather that is in the shop, now that things are wet I'll have
a day to try to get caught up some...maybe.
I'm hoping to get some of my work done before Saturday, there is a farm sale I'd really like to go to. There will be some reloading stuff, powder, primers, bullets ect.
Also a few guns, I'll bet people will go nut on all that stuff but you never know, might get a good deal on something.
Better get around, moving kinda slow this morning.
Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Mornin' boys. It's 72 here and foggy, going to be steamy all day with a high of 92 or so. I'll be inside all day, thank you. I got the yard mowed after work yesterday, then had to run back in town for Lillie and to pick up dinner. Had some good Chinese food and crashed in the A/C the rest of the night. No news on the grandbaby yet. Pretty soon I reckon.

Better get going. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Seventy three this morning with a promise of rain and storms. We’ll see. The .30BR barked well yesterday and it’s ready for Harrison on Saturday. It’s just a matter of loading all the “stuff” into the Durango.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and Sunny here headed for the low 90's, which will probably be the mid 90's. Well, what can I say? Its Summer!!!

We moved stuff from my buddies old deer camp yesterday. We had to mow some just to find everything. We probably looked like Sanford and Son going down the road. We had 3 trailers stacked on my trailer with a big steel smoker sitting in the back. Some of the stuff still had vines on it that had grown around the side rails or axels! I'm glad I had plenty of straps, chains and boomers! I'm also glad that I was the one on the tractor and not walking around in the weeds! I expect those boys got a load of chiggers and ticks, plus the mosquitoes were terrible!

Same thing today, back to moving stuff! Fun fun!!! JR and Deal can probably appreciate how much stuff you can accumulate on a farm in 40+ years!

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and we might slide by without a sprinkle today. We have not been getting much at a time just a couple Tenths to knock you out of Spraying and mowing..
I changed the oil in JBs Toyota yesterday....yeah I still do that, but not much longer.
She made us a BlackBerry pie and she said she put Too many berries in it. I said: " Impossible, that's like having too much money or a woman' dress too short."

I know I had something I just had to do today but I can't remember it.
Have a safe day folks.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Morning all, 77 headed to 90 or so. another hot humid day. got to mow today, and spray weeds with roundup., that will pretty well take care of my day. May work on making a cylinder pin for a old revolver this am in the shop while it is still cool-ish. Have not had time to go thru all the relaoding/gun stuff yet. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky and we might slide by without a sprinkle today. We have not been getting much at a time just a couple Tenths to knock you out of Spraying and mowing..
I changed the oil in JBs Toyota yesterday....yeah I still do that, but not much longer.
She made us a BlackBerry pie and she said she put Too many berries in it. I said: " Impossible, that's like having too much money or a woman' dress too short."
That is some fine looking pie JR, I am having a lot of blackberries coming in now, late but a bunch of them.

View attachment 27102

I know I had something I just had to do today but I can't remember it.
Have a safe day folks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Worked a little on straightening up the reloading shed yesterday. About an hour and run out of air, but it‘s getting better. 3-4 months ago, I couldn’t even walk to the shed. Grateful and thankful to the Lord for letting me hang around. I look forward to “chatting” with you boys every day. Thank You. I haven’t met any of you, but consider all of you “family”. They say you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your family.
Ran across this little tidbit a few days ago and needed to share it…

Anyway, I feel safer now.
I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered a 10-round cz 22 clip. I’ll have to start shooting more now. Got my knife yesterday,,,shipped from Florida Monday, made it here on Wednesday. It’s just as purdy here as it was in picture….nice work.
if I was as flush as JR, I would have ordered 2.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
Good morning y'all. It's a sunny 77 in Indy heading for 88. Might rain later this afternoon. Might not. Consider that an audition for a weatherman job. Sitting around waiting for the nice Home Depot window warranty lady. Balance mechanisms broke on some of the windows we had installed 11 years ago. She was here a month ago but didn't have enough of the mechanisms. She's coming this morning to replace two more. Told me between 11:00 & 1:00.

Julie's off to another shooting thing right after work. She and her pal Wendy and Wendy's 11 yr old son are going to the range tomorrow then she's got another training thing Saturday AM. Counting her danger wimmens league next Monday, she'll be shooting pistols 5 out of 8 days. Guess I need to load some more 9mm.

Got a shipping notice from Northland on my Shilen Savage barrel Tuesday. The UPS tracking number only says "Label Created" so far. Again, not holding my breath. I did get the 32 gr VMax .204 bullets I ordered from Midway. Ordered Saturday, delivered by USPS yesterday. Not bad!

Next door neighbor is having a large concrete patio installed this morning. They're making a mess between her house and ours. So far the fence has survived but they're close.

Have a good day.

PS. JB's desserts are every bit as good as that one looks!

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Good morning crew....81° and 79% humidity right now and its just not too fun. Had a busted up 4 wheeler frame to fix this morning....broke in half and the wheels dangling off only held by the brake cable......they teach them how to break shit young! Got a lot of the engine ready to pull yesterday..just need to pull the driveshaft and motor mount bolts and trans mount and it should yank out. Then I need to powerwash the engine bay and put a new steering box in be fore the new stuff will go in.

Worked out on the weight machine a little last night and sure enough I was sore this morning so i'll wait a day or five before I do it again.
Should be getting some Sten mags in the mail today so I can modify them to use in the Olympic Arms 9mm upper I have. I seen I can get a adapter for $85 wich might get bought as well if the mod don't work.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Good morning to All. The breeze is wonderful and still a tinge of cool left in it. Been here an hour. Set a record yday - no rain and today looks like we have a chance of a repeat. Got a call from the farm west of MRC and they still have 320 acres of wheat to go. They tried starting around the 4th, maybe 100 acres taken off. Not good for test wgt. However, they are now up against sprouting. Always something on the farm, ranch or estate.

Bruce, I do believe we may have crossed paths way back, 3Cs maybe? I thought that I may have sold you a 22 Mag rifle....for your son?

We have had the fridge, fuel and now propane delivered. The cash flow is wayyyy negative this month. I need to find Dinah a good corner I'm thinking. I know I would not bring anything in....so it's up to her. ;)

Edger would not run fast, hard enough to edge yday. $50 spent. At least it doesn't leak gas.
Wheeee.

Son has been w the company in Lou for 3 months. HR wants him to address a batch of new hires today, slotted for a half hour. He is a 2nd level CS person, not HR. ??
They have 800 under one roof, gym, cafeteria and are building a new bldg. Proud Papa here, can't you tell?
Finally had the call for a "consultation" for the colonoscopy. It's been 5 years, I'm 74, scope it and send results to my Doc.....why the consult? Shaking my head.
Patio is secure. On to the rest of the day.
Tom out.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Yeah man, JR. I’ll take a slice of that pie and hold the ice cream. Now, about the length of JB’s dress. Oh, never mind.

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Well between the junk 4 wheeler I fixed this morning and helping my buddy with a boat I finally gotnthe engine out of the Camaro and sitting on the ground.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Those be some mighty large secondaries. Plug those back two up and save some $$. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts