Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
56° here in Upstate NY this morning, there are fair skies out this morning for the first time in a few days. The high temperuature for today will be getting ujp to about 74° and after the fog burns off it will be a nice sunny day.

Yesterday was a mixed day, I was dealing with business issues and gun club issues both. Nothing that was that serious but it all takes time to do. The bright spot of the day was when my Rem CDL stock arrived back from MD. I had sent it down there to have a nice oil finish along with a solid Pachmayr pad put on it. It turned out very nice, and I put it back on the 243. I have been using a Boyds laminated on the rifle which I like very well also. This morning I am going to go up to the gun club and shoot the rifle a bit.

I have another factory CDL short action stock that is glass bedded and floated I am thinking of selling. Does anyone have an idea of what it would be worth if I decided to sell it?

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 72, partially cloudy and high of 84. I got more of the house clean yesterday, then took the M14 to the range. I got mount tightened that it stayed put, though accuracy was dismissal. I took the K31 out that afternoon and accuracy was far better than I could hold it. I need a better target that works with receiver sights.
M'96 Swede and the FN need range time today.
George, my wild guess for your stock would be 150 range.
Hope everyone has a blessed,
Ken

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Good morning everyone....63° and still dark here at the shop. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up about 3:30am and tried to got to bed and rolled around until a little after 4 and just got up and came to the shop. I need to drag a bucket in to work on it then I'm going to try to start the small block for the Camaro today. I got it to fire yesterday but need to figure out the radiator situation for cooling.
Got home last night and went to my mom's and by the time we got back home and ate it was too late to do anything else. The 9mmAr is still riding around in my truck waiting to be test fired....maybe later today.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 64 heading for the low 80s in Indy. We have an air quality warning here. Maybe due to smoke from the wildfires out west.

No golf today. I’ll be going to Shane’s shop with a collection of rifle parts to put together after breakfast.

It’s Mex night tonight. Gotta check to see how many grands are going along. I could be buying supper for anywhere from 2 to 6 hungry people. Y’all might as well come along.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 54 and dense fog will be a dry 80 today yeah!!! The young man was here yesterday and a lot accomplished we even done some wood chipping with the DR chipper and we learned how to put the belt on, operator error. He will be back today, hay making on the agenda. Might even get the backstop set up to use it. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 48 cloudy...or smoky and humid. High of 81 today and possible showers.
We got rain last evening, not just a shower but RAIN. First real rain in a few years, had flash flood warning out and everything.
Still to dark to see the rain gauge but probably over a inch. Lots of lightning and thunder rolling too!
Worked on getting the broken loader to the shop yesterday morning, then went to bale some hay.
Then worked on the worn out swather, the new cutter gear box sheared the gears off. Talked the boss man into
a complete new cutter bar assembly. Will order it this morning, going to be really pricey!!!
Not sure just what I'll do today, but it will be muddy anywhere I go.
Have a great day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
Oh, good news... our nieces' hubby that had covid came home yesterday! After being in the hospital since the first of May!!! Prayers answered for sure!
GOD BLESS. Dean

Just checked the rain gauge... 1.30 inch. Might not sound like much to most of you but here it's alot at one time. Our annual is only 7 inches, and has been more like 5 for the last several years.

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 60 here with low(er) humidity. Only going to 83 or so today. Be a nice day for a beer and a nap on the porch, but I'm stuck here at work. You retired guys have it easy. :sneaky: We had a small but brief storm roll thru yesterday afternoon. Just enough to make things soaked and I couldn't mow when I got home. I did fire up the chainsaw and clean up some damage from the big storm last month. While I had the saw out, I trimmed back some brush that was growing out over the yard and opened up my shooting range and 4 wheeler trails. The dead ash trees have fallen everywhere and since it let in a little sunlight, the underbrush is going crazy. I will need to move my lock on treestand from my favorite tree this year. It's an Ailanthus (Tree of Heaven) and I'm a little leery on how long it's going to stay standing. They are prone to ants, get hollow and fall over. There's a nice size poplar about 15 yards away to get in instead. I'll wait for a cooler day to move my stand and ladder.

STILL NO BABY, but it's gotta be getting close! Thanks for the prayers! Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Great morning folks,

50% clouds & the other half will be sunny soon with a temperature starting at 70° here in the wiles of Wyoming. Mid to upper 80's later.

Well, about the only thing that got done around the house on wheels was some clean up. Dusting, dishes & floor sweeping got checked off the list. Working on the RZR got put off because Debra Dearest & I got distracted by another shinny object.
We set ourselves up for another road trip to Jacksonville to retrieve a new truck camper. :rolleyes::LOL: Details to follow when we take delivery in a couple weeks.

I do expect to roll the RZR out this morning along with the e-bikes. Hopefully no other distractions spring up.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and Sunny here headed for the upper 80's with chances for rain.

Yesterday I ended up on a tractor most of the day. We had to cut a few trees that had fallen across the levee from the recent storms. The stuff that we planted last month is coming up nicely. But so are the weeds. I expect that we'll have an airplane over there spraying pretty soon.

I'll be back on the tractor mowing today. I did about 25% of the place yesterday and plan to stay late and finish today. We'll see.............

Prayers offered for our members having health problems. our Country and any others in need. Special prayers for Charlie's family.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Mornn boys..
Mid 60s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Headed to HOT today with little chance of the wet stuff.
Started to take off today so I could have a long weekend but
figured it was going to be hot and I didnt have anything needing done so
I just came in. You all have a.gooden today and GOD Bless..

Donnie

·
Registered
842 Posts
Well, i get to plow today. Son got the plow hooked to the tractor and I told him I would run it today. He’s fueling up now for me. I was going to yesterday evening, but eye dr appt they dialated my eyes and couldn’t see well rest of day. Better this morning.
Glad Dean got some rain, I know what it‘s like and we don’t have irrigation. The wheat made about 30+ bushel/acre here this year. That’s a lot for this area considering average per year is about 20. We farm about 700 acres of wheat for grain so thats kind of like getting a 35,000 bonus from the boss…..Thank You Lord
A lot of years we realize not gonna make a wheat crop, so we either bale it or turn the cattle in on it.

Off to the races….
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Bruce,
Do you bale the straw? A lot of years they just burn or plow the wheat straw under. This year everybody is baling which tells me the price of straw is up or they’re going to use it more this winter.
The trip to Yale for donuts had a little excitement this time. They are re-paving Yale Road right at the town line. The two lane road was down to one lane and a flag man. But when I got there it was all botched up because one of the live bottom asphalt trucks was half in the ditch and half on the road. The cab was in the ditch and the trailer was on the road. I knew there would be headaches after I was done at the bakery as I’m sure it would take a couple tow trucks to get it out. Sure enough, as I was walking out of the bakery two tri-axle tow trucks drove past. So, we went around the other way which was about five miles farther but better than sitting in traffic. At my age excitement awaits at every turn.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
late morning check in for me, 76 headed to 86. Got a couple of guns finished for some guys yesterday, finished sorting brass, breaking down boxes and burning them also. Going to finish sweeping up the shop today, maybe load some 30/40 Krag AI and shoot them if it ever cools down. Not much on tap for the rest of the day, Buff out.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts

Good afternoon from the obvious hi class restaurant. HF Sundae is definitely a good one. I just talked to "The Skruske" in the badlands of Wyoming USA and he is having a great vacation.

I came to the big city to buy some fencing material and gas for my Ranger.....I see Humans here scurrying around. Real Ones. Same as before, just more Tattoos from their Stimilus Checks.

Charlie is still on Gkid watch and Dean has more broken farm machinery to work on. I expect to be cutting more hay and grinding up more Parts in a couple weeks.
Justin's Cat passed away yesterday, and I think Percy may be going home with him as he is bringing his cattle trailer to haul off some calves to market.

Have a ni ce day and be sure to have a HF Sundae if you can!

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Coyote George says I'm more Handicapped than he is.

·
Registered
842 Posts
FB…..I haven’t baled wheat straw in about 30 years. We do bale wheat hay. That’s about all we bale. We do buy some grass hay for horses mainly. Son and DIL are horse poor…about 20 head.

JR…this my sign…..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts