Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64° here in Upstate NY under mostly clear skies with the stars out, the high temperature for today is going to get up to about 84°. It will be a mostly sunny day with a 60% of showers and perhaps some thunderstorms with a mild breeze of 3 to 8mph.

Yesterday was a quiet day for the first time this week, I was at home for the most part. My wife and I went to the Outback with another couple for supper last night. Today it should be a farily easy day, we do have a Steering Committee meeting for the gun club this evening.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 58, clear and 78 today. George, I am envious that you have Outback. It's been years since I have been there.
I had a good, relaxing time at the range yesterday. I think the firelapp made a big difference, I bill find out today.
Not much else exciting here.
Hope everyone has a great day,
Ken

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 70 going 80+ with heavy humid air. Same old SO around here, work outside in the morning hide from the heat rest of the day. Checked out reloading books and found all the case lube in my stock is dried up n/g. Need to buy new, what's everyone using now days? Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Good morning from Indy. It's 72 with a chance of rain and a chance of golf. Starting golf in about an hour. Rain? No telling if or when. Temp should reach the low 80s. I'll be happy if my golf score is around there, too. Gotta get going.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Good Morning guys, 65 here and the rain should be moving out turning to a nice day. Wife has a audiologist appointment this morning in town. Then she wants to hit the sewing machine shop.. We will stop for a few groceries and see how bad the prices have increased. Checked my email this morning to find my E filed form 4 was denied. Reason, the electronic photos were incorrectly sized. I'll give Scheels a call while I'm waiting for my wife. They submitted it. Never a dull minute.

Have a good one guys

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. 52 with low 70s and a 90% chance of rain, got some more yesterday late afternoon, haven't checked the gauge yet.
Worked on sprinklers some yesterday, have one that is stuck, boss man said to just leave it off for a few days...no problem!
Worked around the shop some but took time to go whack a few p-dogs before the rain started.
Need to work on my FILs pickup and get it out of the shop, maybe today.
Have a good day and stay safe and cool. Prayers for Bruce and others with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
FB - An amish man picked up a hitch hiker. Every so often as they went along, the Amish dude would brush the horse's tail aside and stick his finger up in there then rub his lips. After 3 or 4 times the hitch hiker asks "does that help chapped lips?" The Amish dude replied "No...but it keeps me from licking them!".

Now, back to our regularly scheduled "morning" post...

Good morning folks. It's 73 going to 90 with a chance of storms. Or chance for rain overnight fizzled out. We took Lillie to the fair and the skies grew dark with clouds but we only got about 10 drops. We could use it, but then again, I haven't mowed in 2 weeks, so I'm not complaining. I have no garden to water. Rabbits took care of the beans. But Mr McGreggor ain't F-ing around any more. The HMR was already out for Mr. Squirrel when I caught a rabbit in the garden last night. He jumped the fence, ran outside the fenced in yard and just sat there all brazen, eating grass...well, a 17 gr VMax ruined his day. I need to take the shotgun for a walk this winter. Been awhile since I've had fried rabbit.

My beans.

Plant Road surface Asphalt Grass Groundcover

S.H.I.T. Week is almost over. Big birthday party this weekend though, followed by a Jason Aldean concert Sunday night. Going to be busy. Gotta run. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Great morning folks

55° with a clear sky after an overnight shower here in Centerville South Dakota.

It was a safe trouble free trip to here. We rolled into the Gunderson Park on the north end of town & took advantage of the gravity at the free camp ground.

Fuel cost $5.39/gal back east but was getting lower the further west we traveled. Current $4.77 at a nearby Kum&Go

We should be sleeping in Montana tonight if all continues to go well.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I should show you our bean plants but then I’d be accused of bragging. As you said, a few trips with the shotgun cure a lot of crop shortage problems. Plus, Red T. Basset hanging around all summer helps, I suppose.

When you come to the Idaho border STOP. GO NO FURTHER. When it come to fuel prices, they don’t call it I’m Da Hoe for nothing.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
73° and they say we can expect some heavy wind and rain later today. Shooting some clay pigeons after work today, weather permitting.
Prayers up for Bruce and others fighting the good fight. Safe travels to those on the road.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 76º and cloudy here headed for 90 with chances of afternoon rain.

Yesterday I took the Wife's Expedition in for an intermediate A/C problem. They cleaned the receptacle where the little relay that controls the electrical power to the system plugs in. After that I swapped the Expedition for my truck, hooked up to a borrowed gooseneck trailer and met my running buddy at my Son's place to load his old Farmall 806 that developed an hydraulic leak last year. We had a little shower pop up and the temps dropped from 100 to 88 in about a minute, rained some and got hot again.

Todays plan is taking the Wife to get her hair and nails done. I expect we'll eat lunch someplace.

JR, I remember you mentioning Indians yesterday. I have an Indian joke:
A well known TV personality interviewed an old Indian Chief and ask him where the country went wrong. He replied, when white man first come Indian in charge. Plenty clean water, plenty clean air, Medicine Man give free medical care, Indian Woman do all work, Indian man hunt and fish all day. Only white man change system like that! :)

MRC, I started using a Lanolin/Alcohol mix several years ago. You have to shake it everytime you use it because they separate. I put anywhere between 25 to 100 cases in a gallon ZipLoc bag, give them a couple of squirts, shake and roll them around some, and dump them out on a towel. Its very important to wait a minute or so for the alcohol to evaporate. You can find the recipe on the internet or buy it from Dillon and a few others.

Mr Bruce, I'm sorry that you didn't get better news from your Doctor. Many of us will be praying for you. Hang in there.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 74 in Louisville, going to 89, and cloudy. Here in Louisville we've only recorded about 3/4" of rain all week. Hoping to get a little more in the next few days.

MRC, below is an illustration of what I use to reduce friction. When I run out of this stuff, I use Imperial or One-Shot.
Font Circle Symbol Logo Brand

Cindy, her little 12-year-old niece and I are blasting off this afternoon to visit my family down near Paducah. Probably do a little fishing and might take something along to get in some smoke therapy.

Charlie, regarding your garden pests, you might want to pay attention to the advice from these Kentucky hillbillies.
Helmet Gesture Headgear Font Adaptation

I also want to share a photo one of the guys here sent me recently. I'm pretty sure it was Skruske, Koger or maybe JR.
Food Tableware Dishware Recipe Ingredient

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for Bruce, Miss Judy, other friends here with health issues, and for our nation. Reports are that the president is now clear of the Rona virus, so I guess we can all breathe a little easier.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
75 with clouds and we're told we'll stay below 90 today. Thunderstorms are in the forecast and hoping they won't be like our neighbor to the north. Yesterday was mostly uneventful. My visit with the eye Drs was not bad but not good either. Vision field test showed a blind spot in my left eye, but I knew that. Right eye is still OK, although the pressure is higher in both than they'd like. So, not bad but not going to improve. At this age everybody is playing hurt. No big plans for today, will just watch for rain and flashfloods....like there is anything I can do about them :rolleyes:
BTW- Mike, I use Hornady One Shot when I have it. Lately, it's been Imperial Sizing Wax, but I have used the Carmex and it does fine.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Bandon!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.79 headed to 94 . 30 % chance of 🌧.
Sprayed roundup yesterday evening about 40 minutes later we got a small shower hopefully it was long enough.
Took the hound to local vet yesterday. They changed his food thinking that might have some impact on his GI tract. He has always had a High Performance food because of his energy level.
Today headed to Williamsburg for some new tires I got 28 k out of a set of Michelin 60 k tires. Yep proper air , rotation every 5,6 K miles.
Mr Bruce surely wished you had heard a positive report. Keep your faith and I be praying and thinking of you.
HHH

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Late GM from the sticks of Kentucky where we received another 1.2 inches of rain last night. It is Wet here...
Farther East the situation is bad nuff to be on the MSN channels, They say its TRUMPS fault. I remember this same flooding in Eastern Kentucky when I was a small youngin.
Hay is growing very well now, so there will be another cutting later on this fall.
Outback Steakhouse? Some around the bigger towns, but I sure can't afford to eat there. I can't afford "much" anymore. Last night it was Fried Green Maters and Beanie Weenies.
I'm glad the RATS say we aren't in a Recession. I was worried for a while.
Actual inflation is around 20% not 9% as they claim, and going higher.
Forehead Human Gesture Happy Font

Hang in there joe, we wouldn't have Entertainment if it wasn't for you.
The more "his people" try to push him out, the more contrary he gets. He will be pushed out after November and if he doesn't go peacefully he will be Epsteined.

Reactions: 45TAJ

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Good morning everyone...sitting in the parking lot of the eye doctor waiting to go in and get my new glasses and get them fitted. Prescription changed some so he said it should help out a bunch. I been without glasses for a few months now since the new dog ate one of the lenses out of them. The wife and I had to share glasses when we were driving out to Nevada.
Should be another big stone box at the shop tomorrow and then Friday a semi truck with a rusty frame to fix.
I hope to get out and shoot in a few days I have a couple to sight in and a kid I know needs a few sighted in as well. I need to break down and order a couple more scopes so I can stop swapping so much.

Hope everyone has a good day and safe travels!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts