Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Windy this morning. Can smell the smoke from the big fire this morning as wind is back out of the north. They had a couple of big planes and a couple of helicopters helping yesterday. Haven’t heard the status of it this morning.
Headed to town in a while to pick up some tomatoes from a Vietnamese lady who loves to garden, she has tomatoes and okra for sale all season. Her tomatoes just started coming off last week.
Are the Rem 722 and 700 stocks/ barrels interchange? I had a 722 back in late 60’s in 6mm. It was a good coyote gun, but some durn fool swapped it off.
I was a good boy and drove the 3 hours home yesterday and let the wifey relax and nap.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Late post and a super busy week. Grand at the pool Mon, movie n popcorn at home. Returned hom Tues after permanent crown installed Wed. Stopped by a friend's and he soldered in a restaurant for the ping pong auto server....it had gone full auto on me. Then stopped in on my bro for an hour.
Wed was trip to lndy for 6mo old grand sitting then din w friends from Muncie.
Up n attem today as the shower walls are in place and got a call to pick melons. 3 wagons later, not a dry stitch on me w sweat running out the front end of the cap bill.
Showered now. Light lunch, maybe a nap.
We had heavy rain off n on going to lndy yday. Rain started Tues evening and moved on by late morning Wed. 3.5 honest inches of relatively slow rain. Another Godsend. Our sandy melon ground soaked it right up. (y)(y)
Gas was 3.99 on the interstate but hit Sam's for 3.79 which mirrored Costco. Wait till after the election........:/ Their true colors will emerge - AGAIN. OIL WAS BACK ABOVE 100$ A bbl. Pre "almost election time", that little 4% jump would have been another 10-15 cents bump.....so, who is pulling the strings? It is bad when confidence in the got is lost. Imo that is when sedition gathers strength, creds and a desire to muscle change.
Bruce, stay the course Amigo. We are pulling n praying for you.
Has Justin been called out to the fires?
Josie in school yet? Our 2nd grader and his 13yo sis started y'day. Too doggone early imo. Case lube....I really like the 90+% isopropyl and lanolin in a spray bottle. Several ways to apply. I also state LET IT DRY. I got pretty quick at pulling Stuck 223s till l finally WAITED for things to dry. I have the mix ratio. Just msg me and I'll walk over the hill to the shop and retrieve it. Wrote it on the bottle....:)
Well eyes are heavy, I'm so happy it's Nap Time. Is that going to be S.H.I.N.T. this Thursday Charlie? :) Tom out for a snooze

Ye

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
☝☝
yup Justin is on his 2nd day on the fire. They have 4 of the big planes and 2 helicopters running today.
Josie starts school on the 11th (I think).
Filled the PU Tuesday in OKC for $3.59 at Sam’s…. Saw it at 3.52 yesterday at a Walmart.
45TAJ…..or somebody post that mixture for case lube. I need something to use for lube when I use the Dillon 550.
Guys, many Thanks for the prayers and kind words.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Late post and a super busy week. Grand at the pool Mon, movie n popcorn at home. Returned hom Tues after permanent crown installed Wed. Stopped by a friend's and he soldered in a restaurant for the ping pong auto server....it had gone full auto on me. Then stopped in on my bro for an hour.
Wed was trip to lndy for 6mo old grand sitting then din w friends from Muncie.
Up n attem today as the shower walls are in place and got a call to pick melons. 3 wagons later, not a dry stitch on me w sweat running out the front end of the cap bill.
Showered now. Light lunch, maybe a nap.
We had heavy rain off n on going to lndy yday. Rain started Tues evening and moved on by late morning Wed. 3.5 honest inches of relatively slow rain. Another Godsend. Our sandy melon ground soaked it right up. (y)(y)
Gas was 3.99 on the interstate but hit Sam's for 3.79 which mirrored Costco. Wait till after the election........:/ Their true colors will emerge - AGAIN. OIL WAS BACK ABOVE 100$ A bbl. Pre "almost election time", that little 4% jump would have been another 10-15 cents bump.....so, who is pulling the strings? It is bad when confidence in the got is lost. Imo that is when sedition gathers strength, creds and a desire to muscle change.
Bruce, stay the course Amigo. We are pulling n praying for you.
I asked Keith Candler about the 722 bbl deal. iirc, he said extractor groove needed to be cut, unlike 700. He also said he had chatted w you online some years previous....

Has Justin been called out to the fires?
Josie in school yet? Our 2nd grader and his 13yo sis started y'day. Too doggone early imo. Case lube....I really like the 90+% isopropyl and
Well eyes are heavy, I'm so happy it's Nap Time. Is that going to be S.H.I.N.T. this Thursday Charlie? :)

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Now why in 'ell will that post 2x?
It obviously posted then a bit later, there it was waiting, so added a bit then posted only to have it post again.....oh well.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
The other trick for using the spray case lube is to spread out the cases onto a rimmed baking/cookie sheet ( mine is 11"x15") and spray them. Spray them lightly, then roll over the cases and another light spray. Wait a few minutes to let the spray distribute itself around the cases. Dillon has a non-aerosol spray, but it is as pricey as Hornady OneShot.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
^^^^^ That's my method so far.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I use the tin pan method too with the Dillon spray, just thought the homemade deal might be cheaper

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well I'm back from Williamsburg VA now. Now I'm a little confused for some reason my wife wanted me to go here while in Williamsburg . I saw the sign and said no thanks I'm retired and not looking for a job. She's always looking out for my interest telling me I'm her hero imagine that . From what I understand some folks wear special suits . If I go back I'm bring my own . Joking aside I do know someone that went there I've heard him say he will never go back alive and I doubt they have any to no interest in him unless he is . Back home I see fuel is dropping here as well . Pop taught me the first time was his fault for not teaching me any better. Second time I'm on my own you've got to be mighty special to think otherwise about the fuel prices .
Now we didn't go out to eat at the fancy restaurant. I believe I would rather have what she fixed Fresh fried Rappahannock River oysters and black eyed peas and stewed tomatoes.
Food Tableware Plate Ingredient Recipe

Plant Land lot Architecture Vegetation Motor vehicle

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Oops not being clear. The tray w raised edges is what l do w the home brew of iso n lanolin.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Bruce, I use the Dillon spray also on the bottle necked cases. I used carbide dies and no lube with straight wall pistol cases. I believe the homemade mix is 1:10 lanolin and 90% isopropyl alcohol. The 70% rubbing alcohol has too much water in it and won't work. Most good pharmacies will have both the lanolin and the 90+% isopropyl alcohol.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
^^^^^ Again, l concur. 1/10 w 90+ % alky.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I’m presuming 10% lanolin and 90% of the 90% isopropyl alcohol 😵‍💫
Do you think I could replace the isopropyl alcohol with equal amount of JR’s recipe???

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Yes, 10% Lanolin. JR'S squeezins? I'd prob start heavy on the L and dilute till you stick one then go to previous mix - ;)

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
No repeat customers.....

21 - 36 of 36 Posts