Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
52° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly clear skies, the stars are out for the first time in sometime. The high temperature is going to get up to about 67° today and become cloudy. The wind will be mild at about 8 -10 mph today. We had hurrican Ida come through yesterday and we had a fairly steady rain all day but nothing really hard.

It was a fairly busy day for me yesterday culminating in the gun club meeting last night. We got one more new member and we had a long discussion as to next year's Membership Appreciation Day. We also had a second vote on a Consitution/ByLaw change to the qualifications for running for an office. This morning I have a customer bringing a computer to me along with doing the paperwork for the club, I have to type up the notes of the meeting along with make up and mail out a membership card for the new member.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 67 with some clouds, high of 75. Definitely cooling down. I had better get to the range today. Yesterday I got 100 38 wadcutters loaded. They should be fun from the Colt Trooper. I also discovered that two Sundays ago I had a absent minded, preoccupied moment and left a laptop in the church restroom. Now I'm trying to track it down.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 56 going to 70's with clear skies. Good weather to work outside and I have two doctor appointments [email protected]#@##$ guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
59 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
First time in a long time it's been the 50s...lol
We had light rain about all day yesterday
Probably didn't amount to much but you'd get
wet if you was out in it. I'd say today will be the last
day of in school for awhile. They have Friday and Monday
off so if they make it through today I'd say they shut it down
for awhile. I think they are out of bus drivers and subs and subs
for teachers. Lot of kids out too. Guess we'll see today...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
12,656 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 54 this morning with a chilly breeze. I stepped out into the back yard to check on my mole holes and needed a shirt on. Looks like we turned the door on the dog days of summer. Won't be long I'll be up a tree. Guess I should buy my MD license and get permission slips signed? Haven't even given it much thought. Ida wasn't bad for us, a few drips here and there but elsewhere in the county things were flooded at historic levels. Saw some pics on the news and FB of places around the area I just can't imagine would ever flood. Well, they did. Glad I live way up top on a hill in a log house. If it gets that bad, I'll cut the house loose and have an ark!

Well I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 49 and damp outside. High in the mid 70s today. We got a nice shower last evening, to dark to find the rain gauge yet.
Sprinkler work yesterday for a bit then tried to bale some oat hay, but it's still not ready. Parts of the field were drier than others so I baled them
but now it's all wet!!!
Have a sprinkler to work on this morning, then probably work on the rake that is still crashed in the field.
Today is Gwyns' birthday, she has a today and tomorrow off so she is going west for a few days to see our two oldest sons.
The middle schoolers here are out for a covid break, sure the rest of the school will be soon too.
Prayers for those with health issues and our country. Stay safe and healthy, have a good day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a cool, cool 62 degrees in Louisville, going to 82. It seems Charlie could be right that the dog days of August are over. We'll have more hot weather, but it appears a nice break has arrived.

Had a busy, busy day of work-work yesterday. It was enough to absolutely confirm for me that "I don't want to do this anymore." That's a good thing because it lowers my anxiety over whether the time is right.

I did maybe an hour of work on my current knife project, which uses Western big leaf maple for the scales. The wood is highly figured and hopefully will end up beautiful enough to draw the eye away from the numerous little mistakes I made.

Miss Cindy and I are getting out of town tomorrow through next Monday, going to spend some time with family in Paducah, just a bit west of Larry Scott. With the weather breaking, hopefully I can get in a little pond fishing while down there.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe out there, and lift up prayers for those who've asked here on GoGo and for our nation.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
58 at sunrise on the cool side of the ridge in Peay Hollow. The other side, in Goodlettsville, was 64. I read several websites most mornings including American Thinker. One of today's blogs there was "Yes, the left is that stupid". It was there that I learned that the British did almost the same exact stupid thing leaving Kabul in 1842. A few weeks ago I read a book by Victor Davis Hanson (The Second World Wars) and was reminded of all the stupid things Hitler and his generals did, Japan as well. For most of my life I've held the mistaken opinion that the people in charge were smarter than most of us. At my advanced age, I freely admit my error. These people are incredibly stupid.

OK, enough of that. Today I intend to do more paperwork on my 2020 taxes, cut some brass, do a little brass work and whatever else arrives on my plate.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and sunny here headed for the low 90's. It officially hit 101 yesterday, the first time in over 3 years that it got over 100.

Yesterday I did a little touch up mowing at the Doctor's place then hooked the disc up and tried to smooth up some ruts on different spots on the levees. We had lunch at one of the Breweries in Little Rock and called it a day.

My running buddy is headed for the lake today and after I check the water at the Doc's place I'm done with the Duck farming thing until next week. My Wife has a Dr's appointment this morning that I'll take her to and we'll probably get lunch someplace. I'll probably try to ease over to my Dove field late this afternoon and see whats going on. Our season opens on Saturday and I have 15 friends and family planning to be there.

Happy Birthday to Dean's Wife!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Good morning everyone....it was nice and cool this morning at the shop. Yesterday I yanked the intake on my suburban and plugged off the oil supply holes to the solenoids that operate the DOD. You can see I plugged the 2 while I was waiting on the other plugs to be machined.

Got it all back together and it still does it!.... now I'm confused and pissed off. I go home and get a head gasket and 4 new lifters for that side and here's where it's at now.

Well lifter is fine and works like it should....the problem was that the stupid plastic tray that holds and guides the lifters was wore out I guess and it let that one lifter rotate 180° and then the oil that feeds from the bottom was collapsing the lifter since oil from that side is constant. So it has to sir until morning when 2 new lifter guide trays come in.
Damn big pain in my ass for sure....if I was smart I'd yank the engine and just tear all that crap out and put new rings and bearings in it but it runs to good So I just tossed another $250 in it.:rolleyes:
My wife says I should fix it and trade it and her car in on a newer suburban......I said only if I can take it hunting like I do this one....I don't think I can relay the response without getting censored....lol.

My son should get in tonight but we probably won't see them until tomorrow I'm sure..... big cookout planned for Saturday I believe and then they head back to Nevada on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Morning all, 67 headed to 78 today for the high. Supposed to be down to 52 tonight, love this cooler weather. Put the Ithaca 37 back together that I blued yesterday, along with the Ruger .22 as well. Loaded some 8x58R also, an continued to clean up the shop, condense brass that I will use and not use. Ended up with a large garbage bag of paper boxes, brass that was too far gone, etc. Today I will do some bushogging and trim some 12.7x44R brass, about 100 rounds or so. Also need to mount a couple of scopes and try to shoot some type or rifle today. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Good morning all. It's 64 in Indy heading for 78. I'll be home with the dogs today so they'll be inside some. Trey has already reminded me he is not house broken. Message received! Not off to a good start for the day. I'll spend some time in front of the Dillon but Trey will have to go outside since I can't keep eyes on the little twerp every minute.

Shane, the Mazda selling grandson tells me there are dealers in Indy who won't sell you a new vehicle unless you have a trade-in. It's a strange market and used cars are going high!

Have a good day.

PS. Amen, Rick!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good Morning from the cloud E side of the Chesapeake. 67 cloudy high of 81. Had Tornado warnings all day long yesterday a good amount of well wanted rain.
I did manage to check on the doves yesterday they are still here . Hopefully it will be a good shoot Saturday it's a lot of corn cut .
I ordered a Benelli Ethos 28 gauge last week I go pick it up this afternoon .
Got a text yesterday my stock has been inletted so it's headed to Oregon I told him to use the blue but do something different so I'm not copying exactly . I like to give a little free range with people that have specialties .
Hope everyone faired the storm well . Be safe and have a grate day 😆.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle part Tread

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
GM from somewhere on I 40 nearing Memphis Tn. Lightman I sure would have liked to joined you for lunch at Little Rock yesterday, but I put that off till later. I had another 2 hour night last night, so I am headed to the bone cracker and probably a real doctor very soon.
We spent the night I'm Lonoke, Arkansas last night and Yes. I did see the Remington Ammo facility. Running hard I would imagine.
We drove past the courthouse and saw the Confederate Soldier Statue in the front yard. Burn Loot Murder hasn't discovered it yet.

Bruce was riding me for stealing his left over Sandhill wild plums yesterday. I have him know that Linda Gave the rest to me and they are in the cooler.

They are excellent but grow in a limited area.
Speaking of Bruce, he sure is a good Grandpa. They are teaching this little girl Right, and she is Spunky.

Have a safe day and Carry On.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Dean…. Tell your bride happy birthday. And good luck to you with the hay.
JR…..Drive careful and be safe.
I am sitting here in OKC in a little cubicle letting a couple of jugs drip into me. Might should have brought one of the jugs JR brought me and had them hook it up…..LOL

This is probably what KF was thinking when he turned in his retirement papers.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I almost forgot to tell you guys that I took JR to our local Walmart here. He asked me why everyone was staring at him. I told his handbag and shoes didn’t match 🤣🤣🤣😀👎

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Wow JR! If we had only known! Those 2 Duck Clubs that I help take care of are near Lonoke. One is on hwy 70 West and one is North of town. And our favorite brewery in Little Rock is right off of I-40. We were at all 3 places yesterday. I live less than 30 miles from Lonoke and would have gladly put you up for the night. Oh well, maybe next time! Take care1

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
That Bruce turned a few heads in Walmart also. But I will admit he was dressed nice.

Three Cowboys tried to."pick him up" going thru the freezer section but he told them he already had a date.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Bruce, aren't infusions fun? If the nurses don't have a decent program on TV, I usually just try to nap for a few. Boring for sure, but at least mine are only about an 1.5 hour total time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts