Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
68° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly cloudy skies with a little heat lightning, the high temperature for today will actually drop down to about 64°. We have a 90% chance of rain with a wind of 6 to 14mph, we may get up to 1/2" of rain.

Yesterday I went to the gun club in the morning for a couple of hours. In the afternoon we went to our daughter's house to give our youngest granddaughter her birthday gift. She turned two on the 20th. She has been in the terrible twosomes for the past six months. This morning I have to get blood work done for two Dr. Appts next week. I also have a computer sitting here I have to work on when I get back.

Happy Belated Anniversaries to Scott and HHH and their wives.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
71° here right now with a slight breeze and it feels great to be outside. They say this is the warmest it will be all day and it is supposed to drop to 64° by 9AM. Definitely going to get some outside work done today. Plan to meet my son and brother-in-law after work to see how many clay pigeons we can break. Marty’s new knee seems to be working nicely. She had the replacement 2 weeks ago and her doctor told her to keep up the good work on her PT and that he would see her in 8 weeks.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's cool, only 45. The high is 61 and clear.
Not much done yesterday. Last week my wife was exhausted all week, this week it's my turn. It is a bit frustrating.
A guy is supposed to stop by and load up an extra recliner lift chair this morning.
Met the tax man yesterday, it seems the state is sending my tax refund by snail mail this year. It has always been direct deposit. It is a homestead exemption that is 47 percent of my half year tax bill. I send them money, they keep it for 6 month's then send it back to me, just in time for me to pay the second half taxes. So the money just keeps bouncing back and forth.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 50 here with only 63 for a high today, and another chance of showers, got some yesterday but didn't do much.
Just enough to keep us from getting any hay cut or baled, but some got stacked until later in the afternoon when it just got too wet.
Worked in the shop some yesterday, got the main set of rakes in and put need teeth in three of the wheels, should be good for the rest
of the haying season.
Got home a little early so worked on the little Henry 22 lever action, with I had a sonic cleaner for this one, never saw a gun so gummed up inside.
Better move along, have a good and safe day. Prayers for those with issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

Clear sky, lower humidity and lower a temperature of 49° start the day here near HalfwayUSA. Heavy rain yesterday soaked in quickly. I did drive through it twice on my ride north.

Old hunting partner's doctor visit was productive in many ways. Doc is fully aware his office staff have been less than competent lately and apologized for the string of screw ups. Doc gave him a rather clean bill of health for a fellow who is 88 years old and hanging in there with 20% of his cardio/pulmonary capacity.

I took a hot plate to him so he doesn't have to light the burner on his stove. I told him "Someone your age doesn't need to blow up his house. That is not a pleasant way to go out". He agreed.

I stopped by the big gun shop in mid Michigan. I am pleased to report the shelves were well stocked with gun powder of several types. LT32 at $60/1lb & $450/8lbs was a bit shocking so I suppose that's why it is still in stock. I was also surprised to see ONE sleeve of Remington 7 1/2 benchrest primers on the shelf for $11/100. Cheddite & Nobel 209 primers were similarly priced. The gun racks appeared full but I noted they had removed one entire 30 feet long rack.

Once back home, I needed some wood pile therapy after a hectic day. Debra Dearest & I split two face cord out of the blocks I had cut yesterday. I have two tree trunks to slice up yet & those should yield another 1/2 face cord.

Today, grass mowing and chainsaw running. Deb has errands to run. And of note, she sold her pretty blue truck within 12 hours of posting it on facebooks. I think the new owner has to include a quart of ice cream as part of the purchase price.:ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning gang. It's 69 going to 74 with rain later. Guess I should go put my car windows up? I had no idea they were calling for rain, but we need it. Looks like we've slammed the door on summer, much cooler temps the next week. Almost thru hurricane season with not much activity. Fine by me. Looks like Fiona may bump in and see CTKen as it goes by Saturday morning, but I think he's in the clear. The Gulf and FL better keep an eye out though for next week.

Last night after work I put the windows back into the box blind, took some pictures and got it listed on FB Marketplace. At one point, I jumped out to go grab something and almost immediately felt a burning sensation on my toe. Pulled off my Croc and one of those little yellow jacket a-holes was stinging the shit out of my big toe! I must have landed on/near him when I stepped out of the blind. Dam toe puffed up a good bit and pain up my leg last night. It hurts this morning, but mainly itches. Probably be that way for a few days.

Well S.H.I.T. Week's almost over. Client is dropping off a bunch of stuff I've been waiting on so I can get things submitted and off of my desk. That's a big relief. I'll be in the field tomorrow. Easy day. Better get going, things to do. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
235 Posts
Morning all, 71 headed to 74 for the high, partly cloudy for a nice day on tap. Did not do a lot yesterday, ran errands, watered my garden and bible study at church. I had supper ready when the wife got home, green beans we had canned last year out of the garden, baked potato with some 1" thick lamb chops. The wife was happy, as she was beat after teaching and riding home on the 100 degree plus bus she was driving. Got to get moving, carpenters here in a few minutes to put a new window in the kitchen. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, and our country, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 74º and Sunny here headed for the mid 80's. Sure beats the 100-101 we had yesterday!

Yesterday was a din-do-nuffin day for us. I got up not feeling well, one of those MS days, and lounged around all day. The Wife was happy enough to do the same.

Todays plan is that a buddy is coming over to help me get the stuff that I'm taking to this weekends gunshow priced and loaded up. I tumbled a lot of his brass and we'll sort and count it.

Prayers offered for those in need and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
58° now 73° for a high, still no rain in the forecast. By January I’ll be really sick of the rain.
My friend picked up another build job so I guess I have another one to build. He use to be the public works supervisor in this same small town. If he had taken the job offered him he would have been the building inspectors boss. The build is an infill lot directly across from city hall and the police station. Public works is the others side of the alley behind the house. This should be interesting. The building inspector is a pretty sharp guy, and likes me so all is good.
Went to bed at 11 up at 5 let’s see how this works out today. 😴
If things work out we may spend a couple of months in the Yuma AZ area this winter. My wife is still teaching but has talked about quitting after the first of the year.
Have a great day gang

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Ladies and laddys, climate change is upon us and autumn is here in the Great Lake State’s Thumb. It was 49 degrees here; same as Scott but we had little rain yesterday. The storms keep missing us. I’m thinking we’ll catch up when that rain is snow. I covered a number of issues with a guy who is having problems with 6.5 Creedmore brass yesterday.
They or we are talking about a number of problems with the website on Bench Rest Central. I may be part of the problem but damn it, when an individual calls me out on subjects near and dear to me I have to speak up. With the passing of Wilbur Harris, there are technical problems on the site that Elmer, the son, hasn’t or can’t seem to address, such as attachments. Add to that the dwindling numbers in members of BRC and Benchrest in general and you have problems. It just isn’t what it use to be.
Now this site is different. Here we aren’t of the tunnel vision mind set of benchrest. Here we are accuracy driven to a point but more friendship driven in conversation. I like that.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.72 headed to 90 wif 60% chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm.
Yesterday was a unusual day. I was doing something and I heard the Mrs hollering. I turned around and the boat rear end was at least 40° angle out of the water. . I'm not sure if the boat lift hit the bottom and the winch cables turned into a birds nest . But I knew better than for me to miss with it I could possibly see some fingers missing from working on it. The pier builder and his brother came over and after about 30 minutes it was good to go with everyone's fingers still intact.
I received a electric battery operated come long to my surprised it already appeared to have been used . Contacted the supplier and I will ship it back today. Purchased another one last night this time I purchased one with 2 batteries. I'm not comfortable with electric and water even if it is on a GFI .
All yard work completed lawn cut may seed a little more grass seed on a few spots then off to Gloucester - Yorktown to the UPS store to ship back the 1 come long .
Everyone have a good day stay safe and comfortable enjoy your day.
Thanks for the wishes yesterday it's amazing she's tolerated me all these years. Man did I get lucky.God is good.
HHH
Smile Dog Sleeve Gesture Iris
Wood Gas Power tool Tool Machine

·
Registered
514 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 57 going to 66 FINNALLY! I can go outside to work without sweating to death! Work list is long, what gets done or left for tomorrow will be decided later. :giggle: I may grab the HMR and set up the range for sighting in, if I get really ambitious. Be safe my friends Prayers to all of us and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Been working on a beautiful example of a old 700 in 7 mag with the blue stainless steel barrel..mounted a new Leopold 3x15 5hd with Leopold rings and rail.....found some brass back in a drawer so we'll see how she shoots today it belongs to my neighbor and he works on my mower so I'll try my best on it.
U'all have a great day and prayers sent

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good morning ggvg
Been working on a beautiful example of a old 700 in 7 mag with the blue stainless steel barrel..mounted a new Leopold 3x15 5hd with Leopold rings and rail.....found some brass back in a drawer so we'll see how she shoots today it belongs to my neighbor and he works on my mower so I'll try my best on it.
U'all have a great day and prayers sent
George back about 1996, I had a guy with one came in the shop, the blue on the barrel was gone, and the reciever also. I hot blued the whole reciever and barrel, of course barrel did not take, then the guy had me to bead blast the barrel for matte non shiny barrel, and cut the barrel back 1 1/2 inches and put a 11 degree crown in it. Bedded it in a B&C stock, was a shooter and looked pretty dang sharp with the reciever high polished and blued, contrasting with the matte ss barrel.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Good morning everyone....nice and cool at 61° here at the shop. Went to the chiropractor yesterday after work and my back is sore today....not sure if that's good or bad but we'll see.
Be out cutting the 5th wheel plate from a semi trailer today that is rusted and collapsed. I picked up the new material for it yesterday. I also need to go pick up a bush hog to do some welding on.
Might go out looking for coyotes tonight since it'd getting dark earlier now and a few fields have been cut.
Hope everyone has a good day.

·
Registered
Remington, Savage, Rossi, or Marlin guns
26 Posts
Good morning everyone. It’s 55 here with a high of 71. There’s not much going on here today so I’m not sure what I’ll do. There are a few things I could do if I got around to it. I saw quite a few coyotes from the tractor cab yesterday so I might try to get a coyote or two. Have a good day and God bless.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Tysonisaac….. you have a PM.
Good day gents…. Quite a weather change here today. Was 94 yesterday and today it is 55 at noon. Not expected to get to 60 today. Welcome to Oklahoma.
Wifey sold a cabinet few days ago and couple cans to pick it up today. I had to put in a jacket to go out and “ watch “ them load it.
Son texted and said they had two different bulls working this morning, but still no shot .
Up early tomorrow to finally get my chemo that I missed week ago because of the Covid. Have to be there at 9:45 ( and it’s 3 hour drive ). That’s too early for civilized people to get up. 😵‍💫

Hat Font Poster Advertising Photo caption

Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts